Verizon version official on Samsumg's website

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
But they are ont carrier unlocked, the do not support US LTE other than Verizon so where is the benefit. Your device still is limited if you leave Verizon.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
But they are ont carrier unlocked, the do not support US LTE other than Verizon so where is the benefit. Your device still is limited if you leave Verizon.

LTE interoperability in the US is still an issue. The only real option you'd get with an unlocked device with LTE in the US are AT&T and T-Mobile. And T-Mobile still has a ways to go to roll out their LTE network. Otherwise your unlocked device won't work on the other two big CDMA based carriers in the country, and LTE prepaids are still in their infancy. No matter how you slice it, as a US customer, your options of services are limited today if you want to BYOD (bring your own device). The continuation of subsidized pricing for phones also doesn't help as it just makes it easier for customers who do want to jump carriers to stomach the lower cost of buying, or in some cases getting for "free", a new smartphone on contract. As a result the benefits of having an unlocked device in the US is inconsequential, in my opinion. You'll certainly get the latest and greatest in terms of hardware, so I'll give you that.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know when Verizon is going to release the gs4 or at least start preorders?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't hate Verizon I have just grown tired of waiting for the best hardware only yo see it crippled or never arrive at all. There are more choices with GSM phones. Sometimes it's just not about the network but the options and pricing.

I dont understand this argument at all. So you have to wait a couple extra weeks for a newly released phone, OMG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!1!!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand this argument at all. So you have to wait a couple extra weeks for a newly released phone, OMG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!1!!

Just a GSM lover that think they are the world and wants to bad mouth Verizon... I've was on T-Mobile before Verizon, and AT&T before that and I'm much happier on Verizon. Not much of an argument... not if you are happy with Verizon's better coverage area and larger LTE footprint, and much better customer service.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a GSM lover that think they are the world and wants to bad mouth Verizon... I've was on T-Mobile before Verizon, and AT&T before that and I'm much happier on Verizon. Not much of an argument... not if you are happy with Verizon's better coverage area and larger LTE footprint, and much better customer service.

I hate Verizon but I am stuck with them. Coverage is comparable to AT&T at least in metro areas. I only stay with them because I get a huge discount.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance