04-18-2013 08:30 PM
27 12
tools
    No paintshop version... this is on Samsung's official website: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Verizon Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile, with the official accessories.
    04-16-2013 02:24 PM
    This made my day. Thank you.
    04-16-2013 02:50 PM
    Very nice. Now if I could only get my hands on one.
    04-16-2013 02:54 PM
    Ahhh, just look at that BLANK home button!
    04-16-2013 02:55 PM
    Please, I'm getting too excited.
    04-16-2013 02:59 PM
    Haha. Verizon should be ashamed with themselves for doing that to the Note 2.
    04-16-2013 03:03 PM
    yeah, there's a chance i just got really excited over this. not going to lie.
    04-16-2013 03:11 PM
    That is why I said no photoshop version.
    04-16-2013 03:14 PM
    I hope it has an unlockable bootloader

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
    04-16-2013 06:23 PM
    But......Verizon has yet to announce it.
    04-16-2013 06:26 PM
    Maybe Samsung is tired of Verizon not saying anything so they did it for them. Samsung IS the new apple
    MAXXTX, majorpayne, Mooem and 1 others like this.
    04-16-2013 07:15 PM
    it still doesnt show anywhere to buy it from or when its coming out
    04-16-2013 09:54 PM
    it still doesnt show anywhere to buy it from or when its coming out
    If history is any indication... we might not see this until the end of May, just like the report from Staples screen shot. Verizon wants to sell it's current devices... specifically all of their S3's they just discounted to $99 on contract.

And Samsung does not sell their devices... you have to wait for Verizon to announce it. Then BestBuy and a few others can then sell them.
    04-17-2013 07:16 AM
    If history is any indication... we might not see this until the end of May, just like the report from Staples screen shot. Verizon wants to sell it's current devices... specifically all of their S3's they just discounted to $99 on contract.

And Samsung does not sell their devices... you have to wait for Verizon to announce it. Then BestBuy and a few others can then sell them.
    Not completely true...they do sell a developer edition directly aka the Galaxy S3. Unfortunately, you'd have to wait some time after Verizon releases it first and that's assuming they'll come out with a developer edition of the Galaxy S4.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (Verizon), 32GB Developer Edition | Samsung Mobile

But I'm definitely happy about that fact the home button doesn't don their ugly logo. Sure it's a superficial and trivial thing, but I prefer a clean, uncluttered look on the front face of the phone. It's why I love how the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 look. Now if they could only go capacitive with the home button, and move the Samsung logo to the back of the device...Oh well, can't have it all.
    04-17-2013 08:09 AM
    not yet. they havent even announced it yet. theres still time for them to slap the logo on....
    04-17-2013 10:24 AM
    Too me its just disappointing that it takes Verizon so much longer to announce/release a new phone. I mean what could be the hold up? They have to be losing customers because of this delay.
    04-17-2013 11:11 AM
    Too me its just disappointing that it takes Verizon so much longer to announce/release a new phone. I mean what could be the hold up? They have to be losing customers because of this delay.
    Losing customers? Doubtful. Any purported delay of the GS4 won't hurt Verizon's subscriber numbers in any significant number. As usual they will continue doing as they please because they have a great line up of phones from iPhone to the Droid DNA, and arguably have the best coverage in the country (and they know it).
    04-18-2013 08:37 AM
    Droid DNA is that the answer, really. The HTC One is far better than the DNA in terms of HTC devices. As for the GS4 coming late, sure, people are suckers and will wait for a crippled device that is carrier locked and useless if you try to leave. I personally want a GSM device I can take anywhere.
    04-18-2013 08:55 AM
    Droid DNA is that the answer, really. The HTC One is far better than the DNA in terms of HTC devices. As for the GS4 coming late, sure, people are suckers and will wait for a crippled device that is carrier locked and useless if you try to leave. I personally want a GSM device I can take anywhere.
    I love my DNA you seem to really hate Verizon but I found after trying every carrier out there Verizon never failed me. In the end it is a phone.and data device what good is it if you cannot get a signal.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2013 10:02 AM
    Funny you say that as the Droid DNA, and more than likely the Verizon GS4 if the FCC reports are accurate, are global ready devices and can actually be used on AT&T/T-Mobile's HSPA network if you wanted. So not completely useless if you wanted to jump ship from Big Red. Of course, there would no point in buying a Verizon device if your plan is to use it on a GSM network full time and never returning back.
    04-18-2013 10:32 AM
    I love my DNA you seem to really hate Verizon but I found after trying every carrier out there Verizon never failed me. In the end it is a phone.and data device what good is it if you cannot get a signal.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I don't hate Verizon I have just grown tired of waiting for the best hardware only yo see it crippled or never arrive at all. There are more choices with GSM phones. Sometimes it's just not about the network but the options and pricing.
    04-18-2013 10:47 AM
    But they are ont carrier unlocked, the do not support US LTE other than Verizon so where is the benefit. Your device still is limited if you leave Verizon.
    04-18-2013 10:49 AM
    But they are ont carrier unlocked, the do not support US LTE other than Verizon so where is the benefit. Your device still is limited if you leave Verizon.
    LTE interoperability in the US is still an issue. The only real option you'd get with an unlocked device with LTE in the US are AT&T and T-Mobile. And T-Mobile still has a ways to go to roll out their LTE network. Otherwise your unlocked device won't work on the other two big CDMA based carriers in the country, and LTE prepaids are still in their infancy. No matter how you slice it, as a US customer, your options of services are limited today if you want to BYOD (bring your own device). The continuation of subsidized pricing for phones also doesn't help as it just makes it easier for customers who do want to jump carriers to stomach the lower cost of buying, or in some cases getting for "free", a new smartphone on contract. As a result the benefits of having an unlocked device in the US is inconsequential, in my opinion. You'll certainly get the latest and greatest in terms of hardware, so I'll give you that.
    04-18-2013 03:15 PM
    Anyone know when Verizon is going to release the gs4 or at least start preorders?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    04-18-2013 03:52 PM
    I don't hate Verizon I have just grown tired of waiting for the best hardware only yo see it crippled or never arrive at all. There are more choices with GSM phones. Sometimes it's just not about the network but the options and pricing.
    I dont understand this argument at all. So you have to wait a couple extra weeks for a newly released phone, OMG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!1!!
    04-18-2013 04:01 PM
27 12