Verizon finally confirms S4 via Twitter - (May release)

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Negative as the issues I'm having are self inflicted lol one I could fix if I just flashed a different ROM... And yes I think he will help us and Fitz get a ring I hope

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When Verizon finally released the Galaxy S3 last year was the 32GB available at the same time as the 16GB?

Yes, if I remember correctly.....but I had to order it online - none of the stores close had a 32gb. I started with a 16gb but for the extra $50 to double the space was a no brainer for me.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
No reason to sign up for details through them - by the time you get their email, you'll already have the info from here. And probbably more! :D

Agreed. My post was intended to be more of an FYI. Verizon is making progress. Baby steps, but we are getting there. ;)

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if I remember correctly.....but I had to order it online - none of the stores close had a 32gb. I started with a 16gb but for the extra $50 to double the space was a no brainer for me.

I had to order mine as well because none of the stores in my town stocked the 32gb version.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No reason to sign up for details through them - by the time you get their email, you'll already have the info from here. And probbably more! :D

That is IF you actually get an email from Verizon. History has proven for me at least that I either never get the email or if and when it did show up it was weeks if not longer. Most of the time I never got it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That is IF you actually get an email from Verizon. History has proven for me at least that I either never get the email or if and when it did show up it was weeks if not longer. Most of the time I never got it.

I did sign up for the S3 updates and such - it was well after the actual release before I got an email.

Katy Lo

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
AT&T
You can only pre-order at AT&T now. The 16GB version costs $449.99 with one-year contract and $199.99 with a two-year contract. The 32GB version costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. By signing up now, the phone will be shipped on 30th April.

Sprint
The S4 will be available for sale on 27th April in Sprint. The pre-orders will be available form now on. The 16GB version of Galaxy S4 costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. There is a good news to those new Sprint subscribers. For switching the service from another provider, customers will get an additional $100 credit. So, you can get the S4 for just $149.99. As to distinguishing its services from AT&T and Verizon, Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for the Galaxy S4.

T-Mobile
You can buy T-Mobile?s Galaxy S4 on April 24 through its website. There is an contract-free ?Un-carrier? plan, the S4 costs just $149.99 up front with additional monthly device payments.

Source:
DSstyles Blog | Samsung Officially Announces Galaxy S4 On Seven U.S. Carriers, Available Next Week

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
AT&T
You can only pre-order at AT&T now. The 16GB version costs $449.99 with one-year contract and $199.99 with a two-year contract. The 32GB version costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. By signing up now, the phone will be shipped on 30th April.

Sprint
The S4 will be available for sale on 27th April in Sprint. The pre-orders will be available form now on. The 16GB version of Galaxy S4 costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. There is a good news to those new Sprint subscribers. For switching the service from another provider, customers will get an additional $100 credit. So, you can get the S4 for just $149.99. As to distinguishing its services from AT&T and Verizon, Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for the Galaxy S4.

T-Mobile
You can buy T-Mobile?s Galaxy S4 on April 24 through its website. There is an contract-free ?Un-carrier? plan, the S4 costs just $149.99 up front with additional monthly device payments.

Source:
DSstyles Blog | Samsung Officially Announces Galaxy S4 On Seven U.S. Carriers, Available Next Week

My own little rant on these carriers:
- AT&T: Over paying for poor service reps, and terrible customer service call center.
- Sprint: Just out and out terrible phone service.
- T-Mobile: Longest carrier I have ever been with, but their customer service call center has gotten worse and worse over last couple years.

I have been with all of these carrier at some point in the past 15 years. Just because all of these carriers get the Galaxy S4 before Verizon does NOT mean they are better, or are any reason for me to leave Verizon. I will wait for the S4 on Verizon.

xoxojess

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just because all of these carriers get the Galaxy S4 before Verizon does NOT mean they are better, or are any reason for me to leave Verizon. I will wait for the S4 on Verizon.

this is exactly how i feel. well said fatboy! i've been with verizon for years and see NO reason to leave. i've been extremely pleased with the service actually. i'm not bothered by the fact i have to wait.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
this is exactly how i feel. well said fatboy! i've been with verizon for years and see NO reason to leave. i've been extremely pleased with the service actually. i'm not bothered by the fact i have to wait.

Same here. Verizon has the best coverage in Southern California. 4G nearly everywhere I go. Waiting for a 32Gb S4. Zzzzz

On another note .... I saw today where Costco is offering a white, blue or black S3 16Gb for $69. Free activation, free shipping, free Accessory Bundle.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth, I just got a text saying I can pre-order the S4 for Verizon from Best Buy starting today..but it must be done in store. No release date given as of yet or indicated. Going to pop in tomorrow morning and pre-order from BB just for kicks. When its released I'll be getting it from my local VZW corp store.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon being last is only a small part of why I am leaving them on the voice side. I still have LTE modems at home along with an LTE tablet but I am moving my two remaining voice lines to AT&T. I want more options on phones, avoid crippled and bloated devices that may not see software updates for months after everyone else, which is partly a CDMA issue and partly a carrier issue. I can save $50+ per month by removing my voice plans from Verizon since I don't need tons of minutes, but the share everything plan is overpriced for what I need it for.

15 years with Verizon and in the end I have received little to no benefits from them. Now they add the next round of changes, full 24 months before you can upgrade, UNLESS, you pay full retail, no thanks. Early upgrades with payments for 12 months but we charge you $2 per month and at the end you still are paying to subsidize the network.

I am tired of paying for their infrastructure which is their problem. I am a customer who pays for service and connectivity its Verizon's job to deliver it and if they cannot do so without gouging customers then they just lost me and 2 lines, in time they will lose the remaining 3 data devices as their contracts expire and are replaced.

dedicado

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

So did you get an email today? I got one this saying the S4 was available to pre-order... Of course we all new the info in that email at least a day or two ahead of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87