Verizon Pre-Orders Available Now @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

Can't figure out how to transfer an upgrade from my wife's line to my own on the website. Then again I'm using a way outdated web browser at work so perhaps its just not showing up correctly. Damn!

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

At least for me, it is not offering the $50 rebate card. Just shows $249 pre-order, new 2 year contract required. Anyone seeing the rebate?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th

Exactly, put 32GB single memory allocation for high end devices and put in a microSD for the expansion. Who knows how much room KLP 5.0 is going to take on a GS4 with 16GB, you could be left with even less storage.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

At least for me, it is not offering the $50 rebate card. Just shows $249 pre-order, new 2 year contract required. Anyone seeing the rebate?

Be sure you're not on the bundle with the screen protector and car charger, scroll down

Ships by may 30th

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Here's goes a LONG 5 weeks!! Does anyone know if the note 2 shipped early since they had such a long preorder too?

Interested in knowing myself.

Those who are ordering, Keep in mind that your 14 day return period begins when the device ships, not when you activate or get the device.

In my case, since I'm ordering for a family member who's never had a smart phone , I think I want to let them try out the phone for the maximum days they can, and if the pre orders come a week earlier than in store, we can wait that extra week, waited months anyways.

This way they can try it out, and if phone had problem, easier to switch out for a brand new one, or if they don't like it switch to a different phone.

Last edited:

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Exactly, put 32GB single memory allocation for high end devices and put in a microSD for the expansion. Who knows how much room KLP 5.0 is going to take on a GS4 with 16GB, you could be left with even less storage.

That's definitely a concern. I guess it'll depend on a case by case basis and how many apps you actually download/use. I personally don't download too many games or any of the heavy space eating apps. So 16GB + the SD card for music/video/picture storage would be sufficient enough for me.

On another note, the great thing about the May 30th release is that we get to see what's coming at Google I/O before the S4 actually ships...well, at least that we know since there's always the possibility that Verizon will ship earlier. If there is any hint of an awesome Google influenced Moto device or if KLP turns out to be a game changer, then I may just cancel my pre-order and wait till the end of the year.

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Be sure you're not on the bundle with the screen protector and car charger, scroll down

Ships by may 30th

Thanks, it wasn't showing on my first screen, but when I started the order process, it showed up.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm paying full retail to maintain unlimited data and absolutely refuse to invest in a device with less than 32GB. Very frustrating to be made to wait even longer for a feature that should be mandatory at release. 16GB is simply too risk given the unknowns of KLP. I am tied to Verizon until the end of this year and it's doubtful Google I/O will showcase the X phone. An LTE Nexus 4 (not 5) likely won't include CDMA bands, leaving Big Red customers with little of practical interest as to new phone offerings. Again, disappointing.

rohanryry

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

Is there any speculation regarding verizon and the 32 gb s4? weren't the 32 and 16gb galaxy s3's released alongside each other last year on verizon?

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Was there a check box for the rebate that I missed? I selected the non-bundle S4 but I dont recall seeing a rebate section. I ended up paying $299 with taxes and upgrade fee's.

mattskent

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Was there a check box for the rebate that I missed? I selected the non-bundle S4 but I dont recall seeing a rebate section. I ended up paying $299 with taxes and upgrade fee's.

I didn't see one. I would assume that the rebate info will come with the phone.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Is there any speculation regarding verizon and the 32 gb s4? weren't the 32 and 16gb galaxy s3's released alongside each other last year on verizon?

I just finished a useless online chat with a Verizon employee. To the question of when will the 32Gb & 64Gb S4 models be released she finally said "That information has not been released yet."

I need more coffee....

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I am switching to Verizon for this phone. My husband has a $200 credit we plan to put towards it. He is convinced that if I pre-order it today, Verizon will charge us for the new "family plan" for the month of May even though my s4 hasn't even shipped. He said they will make me use a "loaner phone." This seems insane to me, but my stubborn husband refuses to call and just ASK them about it - and of course I cannot bc the current plan is in his name only. Anyone have any clue how this would work? If that truly is the case, I'll just wait until June when the phone is in stores. :'(

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes last year they were released together.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I am switching to Verizon for this phone. My husband has a $200 credit we plan to put towards it. He is convinced that if I pre-order it today, Verizon will charge us for the new "family plan" for the month of May even though my s4 hasn't even shipped. He said they will make me use a "loaner phone." This seems insane to me, but my stubborn husband refuses to call and just ASK them about it - and of course I cannot bc the current plan is in his name only. Anyone have any clue how this would work? If that truly is the case, I'll just wait until June when the phone is in stores. :'(

They will not start your billing until you get the phone and activate service. They will however charge a month in advance along with the pro ratted amount for your billing period which is pretty much standard. But if you are going to be a new customer and the SGS4 is the device you will activate service on, then nothing will happen until you get the phone. If porting in, that won't take place either until you get the phone for activation which will then finish the porting process.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Well, duh. What I'm saying is Samsung is the one having supply issues, not Verizon.

No, it's Verizon. Slow *** Verizon - yes Samsung makes them but Verizon tells them (and probably supplies) the bs bloat to add.

The Verizon version will be missing some features other carriers have, and have stuff other carriers don't. Like Blocking Mode on the S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech