05-17-2013 11:57 PM
145 12345 ...
tools
    Is there any speculation regarding verizon and the 32 gb s4? weren't the 32 and 16gb galaxy s3's released alongside each other last year on verizon?
    04-25-2013 09:41 AM
    Was there a check box for the rebate that I missed? I selected the non-bundle S4 but I dont recall seeing a rebate section. I ended up paying $299 with taxes and upgrade fee's.
    04-25-2013 10:02 AM
    Was there a check box for the rebate that I missed? I selected the non-bundle S4 but I dont recall seeing a rebate section. I ended up paying $299 with taxes and upgrade fee's.
    I didn't see one. I would assume that the rebate info will come with the phone.
    04-25-2013 10:07 AM
    I didn't see one. I would assume that the rebate info will come with the phone.
    That's kind of what I was hoping, thanks.
    04-25-2013 10:13 AM
    Is there any speculation regarding verizon and the 32 gb s4? weren't the 32 and 16gb galaxy s3's released alongside each other last year on verizon?
    I just finished a useless online chat with a Verizon employee. To the question of when will the 32Gb & 64Gb S4 models be released she finally said "That information has not been released yet."

I need more coffee....
    04-25-2013 10:14 AM
    I am switching to Verizon for this phone. My husband has a $200 credit we plan to put towards it. He is convinced that if I pre-order it today, Verizon will charge us for the new "family plan" for the month of May even though my s4 hasn't even shipped. He said they will make me use a "loaner phone." This seems insane to me, but my stubborn husband refuses to call and just ASK them about it - and of course I cannot bc the current plan is in his name only. Anyone have any clue how this would work? If that truly is the case, I'll just wait until June when the phone is in stores.
    04-25-2013 10:21 AM
    Yes last year they were released together.
    04-25-2013 10:39 AM
    I am switching to Verizon for this phone. My husband has a $200 credit we plan to put towards it. He is convinced that if I pre-order it today, Verizon will charge us for the new "family plan" for the month of May even though my s4 hasn't even shipped. He said they will make me use a "loaner phone." This seems insane to me, but my stubborn husband refuses to call and just ASK them about it - and of course I cannot bc the current plan is in his name only. Anyone have any clue how this would work? If that truly is the case, I'll just wait until June when the phone is in stores.
    They will not start your billing until you get the phone and activate service. They will however charge a month in advance along with the pro ratted amount for your billing period which is pretty much standard. But if you are going to be a new customer and the SGS4 is the device you will activate service on, then nothing will happen until you get the phone. If porting in, that won't take place either until you get the phone for activation which will then finish the porting process.
    GB333 likes this.
    04-25-2013 10:42 AM
    Are you sure about that? I would be willing to bet Samsung is the one to blame. They do manufacture the phone after all....
    Just wait until you get one.....
    04-25-2013 10:59 AM
    i wish there was atleast a little speculation on the 32 gb edition..
    04-25-2013 11:03 AM
    Just wait until you get one.....
    Well, duh. What I'm saying is Samsung is the one having supply issues, not Verizon.
    04-25-2013 11:07 AM
    Well, duh. What I'm saying is Samsung is the one having supply issues, not Verizon.
    No, it's Verizon. Slow *** Verizon - yes Samsung makes them but Verizon tells them (and probably supplies) the bs bloat to add.

The Verizon version will be missing some features other carriers have, and have stuff other carriers don't. Like Blocking Mode on the S3.
    04-25-2013 11:08 AM
    I ordered mine too but there is something I don't understand. I ordered a Note 2 for my wife the other day through amazon and there was no $30 fee which I am seeing when I placed my upgrade for my S4, why does Verizon charge this fee and not Amazon?
    04-25-2013 11:12 AM
    I ordered mine too but there is something I don't understand. I ordered a Note 2 for my wife the other day through amazon and there was no $30 fee which I am seeing when I placed my upgrade for my S4, why does Verizon charge this fee and not Amazon?
    The upgrade fee will appear on your next Verizon bill for the Amazon order. Verizon just charges it immediately when you order directly through them.
    wallstreet123456 likes this.
    04-25-2013 11:27 AM
    Exactly, no speculation makes me wonder if they'll even get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    04-25-2013 11:29 AM
    The upgrade fee will appear on your next Verizon bill for the Amazon order. Verizon just charges it immediately when you order directly through them.
    This is true
    04-25-2013 11:52 AM
    I visisted the Verizon store earlier with questions concerning the 32GB version since there was not mention of it in the press release about pre-orders. The salesperson was under the impression that the 32GB might not be sold in-store due to "the S3 32GB not selling well", these are his words and would more than likely be sold online. Of course, this could be total BS and he just trying to get people to buy immediately.
    04-25-2013 12:31 PM
    I'm baffled that Verizon went back to the olden days to offer a mail in rebate for this... I thought we've grown up. I guess the same person who picked $300 to be the price for the droid charge came up with this idea.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    04-25-2013 01:03 PM
    I visisted the Verizon store earlier with questions concerning the 32GB version since there was not mention of it in the press release about pre-orders. The salesperson was under the impression that the 32GB might not be sold in-store due to "the S3 32GB not selling well", these are his words and would more than likely be sold online. Of course, this could be total BS and he just trying to get people to buy immediately.
    Some stores didn't sell the 32GB S3 but you could order on-line without any issues. Of course they want you to buy what they have in stock....lol.
    04-25-2013 01:07 PM
    I'm baffled that Verizon went back to the olden days to offer a mail in rebate for this... I thought we've grown up. I guess the same person who picked $300 to be the price for the droid charge came up with this idea.
    I have a friend that deals with mail-in rebates on a regular basis. He told me that most companies that use them bet on the fact that a large percentage of people do not turn them in, thus saving themselves money in the long run.
    04-25-2013 01:09 PM
    No, it's Verizon. Slow *** Verizon - yes Samsung makes them but Verizon tells them (and probably supplies) the bs bloat to add.

The Verizon version will be missing some features other carriers have, and have stuff other carriers don't. Like Blocking Mode on the S3.
    Got proof? Samsung has supply issues with all carriers right now, and you think that VZW is to blame? Your crazy.
    04-25-2013 01:18 PM
    I have a friend that deals with mail-in rebates on a regular basis. He told me that most companies that use them bet on the fact that a large percentage of people do not turn them in, thus saving themselves money in the long run.
    Yep. They also disguise the rebate as junk mail hoping you will throw it away, and/or they send a debit card so you will have a few dollars left on it and they get to keep that amount.

It has also been my experience that they make you send all of the original documents to a PO Box so it cannot be tracked via registered mail, and it cannot be resubmitted if it turns up "lost" because you no longer have said original documents.
    04-25-2013 01:30 PM
    That's why I never buy anything with a mail in rebate. Either you give me the discount now or I'll find it somewhere for the same price less the rebate. T-mobile does the same crap for in store phones but online the discount is immediately applied.
    04-25-2013 02:03 PM
    i just ordered mine!!! can't wait. i don't mind the 16GB. i have a 32GB SD card that i keep all my stuff on and i don't use my phone as an MP3 player. thats what i have my iPod for. So 16GB is good for me. i'm hoping otterbox releases the different color defender cases before verizon ships out the phone. i'd like to have my case before hand and i want the girly pink/purple defender case lol. is it possible that verizon will ship out online orders before the 30th of May? just wondering is the 30th is for in store release.
    SupaBlackB likes this.
    04-25-2013 03:18 PM
    i just ordered mine!!! can't wait. i don't mind the 16GB. i have a 32GB SD card that i keep all my stuff on and i don't use my phone as an MP3 player. thats what i have my iPod for. So 16GB is good for me. i'm hoping otterbox releases the different color defender cases before verizon ships out the phone. i'd like to have my case before hand and i want the girly pink/purple defender case lol. is it possible that verizon will ship out online orders before the 30th of May? just wondering is the 30th is for in store release.
    Last year, people (including myself) got the S3 a couple days before the actual release on Verizon. I think it's pretty much expected at this point for some to receive the device before the official carrier release due to the fact that the device will have already officially launched elsewhere. But don't be upset you don't. Receiving it before the date they give you is a bonus.
    MBM7881 likes this.
    04-25-2013 03:24 PM
145 12345 ...