Verizon Pre-Orders Available Now @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th

Question:

My upgrade isnt available until May 15. Can I preorder tomorrow with upgrade pricing? or do I have to wait until the May 15?

I believe you have to wait.

No 32gb version initially is a bummer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to tell myself that they are going to ship pre-orders early and May 30th is the worst case scenario :)

I wouldn't hold your breath. Verizon is just plain slow. They need the extra time to have all the useless bloat to it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

On the AC review, it a little over 9gb for the sprint model.

And this is why I am holding out for the 32GB version, I simply can't live with 9GB of available space. At this stage they shouldn't even be releasing 16GB phones, 32GB & 64GB call it a day. I mean come on, the GN2 on Verizon still had 10.8GB of space so what the hell did Samsung put on the GS4 that takes an extra 1.8GB?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I, too, am holding out for the 64GB model. I'm a storage junkie, though, realistically, I could "make do" with the 32GB and get a storage card. Expandable memory FTW!

I don't think we will ever see a 64GB in the US, but the 32GB will likely be 1-2 months and hopefully not much longer. I am stuck on a flip phone, I thought the 32GB would launch as well but clearly that was a big mistake.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

And this is why I am holding out for the 32GB version, I simply can't live with 9GB of available space. At this stage they shouldn't even be releasing 16GB phones, 32GB & 64GB call it a day. I mean come on, the GN2 on Verizon still had 10.8GB of space so what the hell did Samsung put on the GS4 that takes an extra 1.8GB?

Probably a combination of new features and the apps that get bigger after every update. Every new feature usually requires a new app or new process that takes up space. When looking at my HTC One and using titanium backup, I can so so many HTC Sense processes that are needed to run the software. That's why a lot of people just like plain Android. But I agree with you, 16GB shouldn't even be considered for high end phones anymore, especially if there is no expandable memory, i.e. Nexus and Droid DNA. And even if it is expandable I don't like 2 separate partitions to manage my stuff. Have to move stuff around and decide what stuff you want to keep on the phone's memory and all apps don't save date to memory cards like Play music or screenshots. I rather have 1 partition that's large enough for my media. But that's just me.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I wouldn't hold your breath. Verizon is just plain slow. They need the extra time to have all the useless bloat to it.
Are you sure about that? I would be willing to bet Samsung is the one to blame. They do manufacture the phone after all....

dynamiks

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone know if we will be able to preorder if we are adding a new line to a family plan?? Also that line is going to be a port from AT&T

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

I don't see it. What's the link again. I click your and its not it.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't see it. What's the link again. I click your and its not it.

You don't see the "New customer or existing customer" splash page? The device page is a few pages after that one (whatever you choose/are).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Ah got it. Perfect thanks. Ordered up. Thanks for the link and help. Didn't see it initially.

dynamiks

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

I just spoke with a Verizon Wireless rep in the chat on their website. I asked about 32gb and 64gb models, and the guy told me he is not aware of any other model being released in the future besides the 16gb model. Just thought I'd let you guys know since I know a bunch of you are planning to wait it out.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I see both colors available now. They even have a "bundle" package for $50 more.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I just spoke with a Verizon Wireless rep in the chat on their website. I asked about 32gb and 64gb models, and the guy told me he is not aware of any other model being released in the future besides the 16gb model. Just thought I'd let you guys know since I know a bunch of you are planning to wait it out.

Appreciate the info. Although I find most Verizon reps are in the dark when it comes to knowledge of upcoming devices or variants. Information from them can be rather unreliable.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Appreciate the info. Although I find most Verizon reps are in the dark when it comes to knowledge of upcoming devices or variants. Information from them can be rather unreliable.

I agree. Most of the time if not all the time the public knows more than the CSR does. I just ordered the 16 since I already ordered a new 64 gb sd card. The bulk of my files are music photos and video all of which I can store on the card. I just gotta watch what apps I got. I can't wait for the 32 gb. I'm tired of my iPhone 5 and cannot wait to switch back. Plus I'm compulsive lol

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Here's goes a LONG 5 weeks!! Does anyone know if the note 2 shipped early since they had such a long preorder too?

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Just found out that you cannot take advantage of the new Payment Plan option on the pre-order.. You can only use it if you purchase a phone in store...