Verizon Pre-Orders Available Now @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

sox08

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
was noticing the other day when searching on ebay for a vzw gs4 that a couple of the pre order auctions state that the item will ship by 5/23-5/24 so maybe theres some truth to this rumor.? do we have any vzw ninjas out there that can confirm this? I wouldn't be surprised if a couple Verizon sales reps sell a couple new phones off contract when new to capitalize on their popularity out of the gate on ebay. so maybe theres an internal vzw launch calendar that they've seen to confirm this, is so please help us poor Verizon souls that must wait. thanks

p.s. one vzw gs4 auction ends in 12 hours and is at 833! people are crazy the phone is pre order not even in hand!

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
was noticing the other day when searching on ebay for a vzw gs4 that a couple of the pre order auctions state that the item will ship by 5/23-5/24 so maybe theres some truth to this rumor.? do we have any vzw ninjas out there that can confirm this? I wouldn't be surprised if a couple Verizon sales reps sell a couple new phones off contract when new to capitalize on their popularity out of the gate on ebay. so maybe theres an internal vzw launch calendar that they've seen to confirm this, is so please help us poor Verizon souls that must wait. thanks

p.s. one vzw gs4 auction ends in 12 hours and is at 833! people are crazy the phone is pre order not even in hand!

I really hope it ships by then. I'm using a cheap verizon LG phone i bought off of Craigslist for $20 so i could get the S4 at the upgrade price. & LMAO at Verizon ninjas lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That was funny. I gave my brother in law money and he gave me his upgrade. So I pre-ordered the phone at the new contract price and just gave him some cash for giving me his upgrade. Once it ships I gotta activate the phone on his line then re activate his old phone for him then I can activate the phone on my account. All this for a phone. But I gotta do what I must. Lol. I look forward to selling my iPhone 5 and switching back to android.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
IF no 32gb option from VZW, the S4 is nothing to me. Also find it ironic Gameloft marketing their 2gb apps with Samsung for a device with 9gb storage.

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why everyone is stressing about the storage. Doesn't it have room to add a 32gb mini sd card? I know I will use that and appreciate it coming from an Iphone 5 that doesn't have the capability to expand storage.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why everyone is stressing about the storage. Doesn't it have room to add a 32gb mini sd card? I know I will use that and appreciate it coming from an Iphone 5 that doesn't have the capability to expand storage.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but i think it supports up to 64GB sd card. And i think people are upset and disappointed about 16GB because apps can't be moved to the sd card like in the past and many people have a lot of apps. I'm talking like 100 or more. Not too mention that certain files have to be on the phone memory and not the sd card (or at the least a problem i ran into...can't speak for others) or you can't read your files. This takes up space. Also the phone is advertised as 16GB but what's failed to be mentioned is that after the os all the customer is left with about 9GB or so out the box. In the past customers were able to delete bloatware to free up space where now the only option is to disable it and that doesn't give you more space just removes it from your app drawer. And people like me who don't root their phones or tinker with them don't delete apps and such like with titanium backup. For me 16GB is good. I don't have a lot of apps and all my pics are on my sd card

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

grp00

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
We're upset because you cannot move your apps to the SD card. You can only install apps to the ROM. On my current phone I'm using nearly 14GB of ROM storage and that includes a debloated version of Ginger Bread. I would likely have to greatly reduce my current number of apps on an S4 and carefully monitor storage on the phone from the get-go. I currently have an unlimited data plan and would like to keep it by paying full retail, but I cannot justify the price considering the storage constraints. This just isn't acceptable for a flagship phone. So, I just cancelled my pre-order for the S4 and made sure that the service representative knew why I was cancelling. I originally wanted the Note II, but was waiting for a 32GB version, which has never been released by Verizon. I guess I'll have to wait for the Note 3, or whatever else Samsung has coming down the tubes later this year.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

Interested in knowing myself.

Those who are ordering, Keep in mind that your 14 day return period begins when the device ships, not when you activate or get the device.

In my case, since I'm ordering for a family member who's never had a smart phone , I think I want to let them try out the phone for the maximum days they can, and if the pre orders come a week earlier than in store, we can wait that extra week, waited months anyways.

This way they can try it out, and if phone had problem, easier to switch out for a brand new one, or if they don't like it switch to a different phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

The 14-day period starts when the device is received.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

The 14-day period starts when the device is received.

Really? Could be it's been changed (to be fair), or was always a false statement of a rep from my past experiences. Well, sorry to anyone who I confused.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ryan5609

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Verizon Galaxy S4 pre-order available at Wirefly for $179, free shipping, no mail in rebate, no tax. Black and white available. Get you some. Link

Jim Bowie

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Verizon Galaxy S4 pre-order available at Wirefly for $179, free shipping, no mail in rebate, no tax. Black and white available. Get you some. Link

If you are eligible for the 20 month upgrade, but your contract isn't up yet, can you order a phone from a 3rd party and still get the subsidy?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

If you are eligible for the 20 month upgrade, but your contract isn't up yet, can you order a phone from a 3rd party and still get the subsidy?

Yes, as long as you have an upgrade available then you can order from a 3rd party. They make you log in with your VZW credentials to check.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Be very careful with WireFly. Do some research and such before you commit.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was in Sams Club in NH last Saturday and I walked by the mobile phone area to take a quick peak at the HTC One (even though I'm on VZW I wanted to see one in person). The mobile phone rep walks over and asked if I was with AT&T and I said no I'm with Verizon. He said the reason I asked it that we (meaning Sams) had the S4 for AT&T in stock. He then went on to say they would have the VZW S4 in stock on May 24th. I said all the rumors I heard was May 30th and he replied saying that his morning sales meeting stated 5/24....

Take it with a grain of salt but maybe we only have to way until the 24th (fingers crossed)

Look like the sales rep at Sam's Club was right... (I believe they are selling it for $179)

Verizon Wireless ‏@VZWnews 58m
New Release Date: Samsung Galaxy S4 Available for purchase May 23. Samsung Galaxy S4 - Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 @VZWalbert 4G LTE

I broke down and picked up the HTC One, was at AT&T store and checked out both the S4 & One side by side and personally preferred the One. I also have great AT&T coverage in the past and enjoy their faster speeds so I'm using the 14 day trial to see if it will work for me. Glad that everyone here waiting for the S4 on Verizon has less time to wait now.

On a side note, Verizon's recent policy (no upgrades for 24 months, not getting the latest phones or at least being the last to offer them, bringing back mail in rebates etc...) changes made the decision to switch to AT&T easier. I prefer to rewards companies that appear to at least appreciate your business and lately Verizon has not. This is my opinion and I don't expect anyone else to agree but maybe after losing some long time customers Verizon will re-consider their policies of late... but then again probably not.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
made a preorder. pleasantly surprised to see I was offered an instant $50 rebate instead of the mail-in. I transferred an upgrade from an unlimited line to a dumbphone line I have and everything went great.

Then I got my confirmation email and it listed my unlimited line's phone number instead of the dumbphone line. I chickened out and cancelled the order. Too afraid of losing unlimited. Hopefully after the phone is officially released I'll be able to transfer and order. I'm also hoping I might get surprised and see a 32gb option available with the official release, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

glock813

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@phantom... I did the exact same thing and the confirmation email also gave the unlimited line's number. I called VZW's automated customer service line and checked the order status. I entered the dumb lines number and it did confirm the order was received and in process. I then checked the unlimited lines number and it could not find the order. I did not cancel, but will tread lightly! I am testing this out on my wife's unlimited line as she uses almost no data! ;) I will update after I try to activate...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21