buy on tmobile or verizon?

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i am currently a verizon customer but have two problems.
1. i'm paying way too much; i've minimized the plan as much as possible but its too much.
2. i'm horribly impatient and i know verizon won't be getting the s4 until the end of may. and tmobile is willing to give a better trade in value of my s3 then verizon unless i just sell it else where.

is any one ordering on verizon? or tmobile? does anyone have experience with tmobile and their service? is it good?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, you'll have to try for yourself. Only you and people who live around you can give you accurate answers about the service where you need it. Where I live, t-mobile is fine. But may not be the case for you. Is LTE is your area? Do you care? Do you travel around the country a lot or around the area where you live? T-mobile seems to be mostly good in the city but when you start going suburban and rural then it's different. Would you have the same experience with Verizon in your area? Is cost the most important thing. Could AT&T or Sprint be sufficient? AT&T prices are comparable with Verizon but they offer several more plans. Sprint is cheaper than both, mostly good cover but slower data speed than everyone. I would say, try for yourself. You can port over to t-mobile and you have 30 days to port back to Verizon without having to do everything all over again. Try for yourself and good luck ;)

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say T-Mobile if you can based on price and being contract free. If you travel a lot for work or any other reason then T-Mobile might not be the best choice but if your always in the city then the service should be fine. If your concerned about LTE they'll eventually have it in your area but their 4G(HSPA+) is pretty fast already. T-Mobile service can be spotty if your in a bad area though so I'd give it a try with a prepaid month then make your decision. Its definitely a better price for what you get.

I'm currently on AT&T and was previously a Verizon customer and the price/value is only slightly better with AT&T. I'm switching to T-Mobile asap once my AT&T contract is close to complete.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am leaving T-mobile after 8 years and switching to Verizon with the purchase of my S4. I am a big fan of t-mo and I have stuck with them for a VERY long time, but my coverage is just bad and I can't take it anymore. I get a lot of dropped calls and I have no service in my own home - I have to rely on wifi calling. I've dropped far too many important business calls and I just can't do it anymore - so I'm switching to verizon, which has much better and more reliable coverage in my area.

But I bet that is different in all areas and I can only speak for Nashville, TN. I think T-mo has great rates and excellent customer service (when you call - someone who speaks clear english always answers!) but where I live, their coverage just isn't any good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs