07-08-2013 09:21 PM
350 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    AT&T has 50 percent off devices until June 30th for new customers. It may apply to adding a line too.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-25-2013 01:08 PM
    AT&T has 50 percent off devices until June 30th for new customers. It may apply to adding a line too.

32GB S4 for $125.00 ?
    06-25-2013 03:17 PM
    32GB S4 for $125.00 ?
    No - only devices at $199 and below. So you can only do this on the 16GB version.
    Wilbur likes this.
    06-25-2013 03:21 PM
    I have a funny feeling the AT&T 50% off deal until the end of June is aimed directly at Verizon customers waiting for July and the rumored 32Gb model .... haha

Still holding out for Big Red's S4 32Gb .... TWO in black, please.
    06-25-2013 03:51 PM
    I have a funny feeling the AT&T 50% off deal until the end of June is aimed directly at Verizon customers waiting for July and the rumored 32Gb model .... haha

Still holding out for Big Red's S4 32Gb .... TWO in black, please.
    If they were aiming for Verizon People waiting for the 32 they would have dropped the price for new customers only to 199
    06-25-2013 05:52 PM
    Still no 32 GB S4 but the VZW developers edition released with 16gb. That'd be an easy choice if it had 32 GB. As it is, its just insulting us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes, I would be there at Samsung web site to order as soon as they get up and order it. I guess they couldn't do the 32gb till after VZW has sold the S4 32gb if and when that ever happens...but isn't the only difference the unlocked boot loader? That has already been done anyway. I guess the only other thing would be the warranty on the developer edition would continue 1 year even with a ROM.
    06-25-2013 06:30 PM
    If they were aiming for Verizon People waiting for the 32 they would have dropped the price for new customers only to 199
    The temptation would be paying $299 with a $50 rebate for a Verizon S4 32gb (IF it comes)... or $99 for a AT&T S4 16Gb and making 16Gb work. I'm sure there are many people who's financial situation where $150 & waiting for $50 rebate difference may be a game changer.

I'm waiting...
    06-25-2013 07:55 PM
    Well, IF it is coming at the end of July, we will see some evidence of it since there will have to be some form of SKU code movement in their channels. Not to mention eventual awareness by customer service or stores. If zero word still next week, my guess is their VP is clueless, or an elaborate hoax by two posters that had apparent emails from the VP. I did some IMs with the first poster "Black Ducati" and he provided more details and additional email info. Too much trouble to bother with a hoax and neither poster as mentioned before has a history of trolldom. IMO, the emails are real, but still may not pan anything out.

I am putting long horse odds that At&t had three month exclusivity as some of their sales folks have said and Verizon decided the silent approach was the better than feeding a competitor's potential gloating. Ironically, we will probably start hearing about the Snap 800 refresh by then and give some a reason to maybe stick with their current devices a tad longer. Assuming Verizon or anyone in the US offers the S4 refresh devices. The 800 is a significant jump for fabrication process and speed. Well, I am sure we can guarantee Verizon will not carry it at any rate.
    06-25-2013 08:11 PM
    AT&T is making it hard for me to resist. Granted, you can only get the 16gb flavor for half price, but for $200.02 I can get two S4's and two S3's (for the kids) with waived activation and free overnight shipping.

Decisions, decisions.
    06-25-2013 08:14 PM
    I thought the HTC One only came in 32 and 64gb flavors?

Verizon WILL find a way to **** this up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-26-2013 12:49 AM
    And yet another version:

Samsung: Faster Galaxy S4 is on the way - CNN.com

Verizon, can you hear me now? I guess not.
    You realize this version will never hit the U.S. and is using a advanced LTE technology that Samsung is testing and developing in Korea? Samsung is actually testing and developing a "5g" network atm as well. The LTE technology that this version is using you won't see in the U.S. anytime soon. Heck Verizon is the fasted to get the current LTE technology up and running, and the other companies are struggling along to even get caught up to Verizon's spectrum (some never will), and even they don't have a complete roll out of the current LTE technology.
    06-26-2013 12:50 AM
    You realize this version will never hit the U.S. and is using a advanced LTE technology that Samsung is testing and developing in Korea? Samsung is actually testing and developing a "5g" network atm as well. The LTE technology that this version is using you won't see in the U.S. anytime soon. Heck Verizon is the fasted to get the current LTE technology up and running, and the other companies are struggling along to even get caught up to Verizon's spectrum (some never will), and even they don't have a complete roll out of the current LTE technology.
    I never said any US carrier would have it - I simply posted it as yet another S4 device released while Verizon sits on their thumbs.
    06-26-2013 07:04 AM
    You realize that the chipset is not just a new superfast LTE, but also capable of other bandwidths being used now? Do not be surprised if this fall or early winter this version is at AT&T and any other carrier except Verizon. If a 32GB S4 is too "upscale" for Verizon, this Super S4 will be a luxury line that would never be considered. Verizon is in milking mode and will ride the mid-segment line until the milk is dry. IE, their leadership sees a chance of them not making their bonus targets.
    06-26-2013 08:33 AM
    AT&T is making it hard for me to resist. Granted, you can only get the 16gb flavor for half price, but for $200.02 I can get two S4's and two S3's (for the kids) with waived activation and free overnight shipping.

Decisions, decisions.
    Dang that is a hard thing to pass up How is AT&T is your area?
    06-26-2013 09:41 AM
    I never said any US carrier would have it - I simply posted it as yet another S4 device released while Verizon sits on their thumbs.
    It is already released that the current Verizon S4 already supports A LTE. Once Verizon rolls out this coverage, a software update tot he Verizon phone will allow this phone to work. I think I saw a couple of days ago where Verizon said they currently have 10 devices currently that support A LTE, including the S4.
    06-26-2013 09:44 AM
    Dang that is a hard thing to pass up How is AT&T is your area?
    It's pretty damn good. I know many that have AT&T although reception is somewhat poor in the metal building at work, while Verizon is solid.

06-26-2013 10:15 AM

Decisions, decisions.
    Exactly. And AT&T is timing this 50% off deal for a good reason. Probably their LAST week of exclusivity. They are hoping this price cut will lure in many remaining people from other carriers ... haha before the 32Gb is offered by other carriers. Think about it. Why else would they offer it right now?

I'm waiting .... patience will pay off. I'm not going to be manipulated by AT&T's sales force. I know what I want and I'm going to buy what I want.

"Damn the torpedoes ... full speed ahead!"
    06-26-2013 10:15 AM
    Exactly. And AT&T is timing this 50% off deal for a good reason. Probably their LAST week of exclusivity. They are hoping this price cut will lure in many remaining people from other carriers ... haha before the 32Gb is offered by other carriers. Think about it. Why else would they offer it right now?

I'm waiting .... patience will pay off. I'm not going to be manipulated by AT&T's sales force. I know what I want and I'm going to buy what I want.

I need a new phone now, just waiting for Verizon to get the 32GB S4 or the HTC One. This AT&T deal is really tempting. Can get either one there now and the price on the HTC One is $99.99. No discount on the 32GB S4 only the 16GB is on sale.
    06-26-2013 10:31 AM
    when i was shopping for my s4 like a month ago, att was still offering at least $100 for the trade in of an old smart phone. which still brings it down to "50% off". so its not really new
    06-26-2013 10:38 AM

I think you're absolutely right about this.
    Wilbur likes this.
    06-26-2013 11:43 AM
    when i was shopping for my s4 like a month ago, att was still offering at least $100 for the trade in of an old smart phone. which still brings it down to "50% off". so its not really new
    But if you don't have a trade it's a good deal. Why the heck anyone trade a device somewhat new for a hundred bucks is beyond me.

06-26-2013 12:49 PM
    Verizon WILL find a way to **** this up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Truth.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with it. AT&T isn't paying any attention to whether Verizon has a 32 GB version or not.

I need a new phone now, just waiting for Verizon to get the 32GB S4 or the HTC One. This AT&T deal is really tempting. Can get either one there now and the price on the HTC One is $99.99. No discount on the 32GB S4 only the 16GB is on sale.
    It is tempting but I have to have that superior Verizon coverage. They know a lot of people feel the same way which is why they feel free to screw their customers around. I'm month to month on unlimited too so if I paid full price I can keep unlimited coverage on Verizon which is very tempting.

Also wtf is happening with the Verizon HTC One...I'd like to have an alternative to an S 4.
    06-26-2013 05:27 PM
    How's the S4 active compared to the regular S4? Is there a 32GB active?
    06-26-2013 05:30 PM
    Damn just looking at that Google edition HTC One has me wanting to get off Verizon. I wish they'd take away my unlimited data so I quit suckling that teet like a sucka. There are parties on every corner and we're just watching, like being grounded in our rooms without supper.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    06-26-2013 05:33 PM
    Damn just looking at that Google edition HTC One has me wanting to get off Verizon. I wish they'd take away my unlimited data so I quit suckling that teet like a sucka. There are parties on every corner and we're just watching, like being grounded in our rooms without supper.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    06-26-2013 07:00 PM
350 ... 89101112 ...