07-08-2013 09:21 PM
350 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Damn just looking at that Google edition HTC One has me wanting to get off Verizon. I wish they'd take away my unlimited data so I quit suckling that teet like a sucka. There are parties on every corner and we're just watching, like being grounded in our rooms without supper.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Well my plan is to wait for the HTC One release, wait to make sure Verizon didn't have the bootloader super locked, if so then wait for it to be unlocked, and then I'll get an HTC One, as long as it's 32GB.
    I could see Verizon only wanting the HTC One on their network if HTC met their demands.
    "32GB? That's way too much storage. You do know we rolled out the Verizon cloud storage? And we've also noticed the other carriers' model has an unlockable bootloader. That needs to be fixed. We don't want users to be able to install an AOSP ROM on their phone"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    phathands likes this.
    06-26-2013 08:26 PM
    I need a new phone now, just waiting for Verizon to get the 32GB S4 or the HTC One. This AT&T deal is really tempting. Can get either one there now and the price on the HTC One is $99.99. No discount on the 32GB S4 only the 16GB is on sale.
    Have you looked into the second line loophole? Transfer the upgrade to a different line on your account, get a phone on subsidised pricing, activate it on that line, then transfer the new device to your unlimited line? Keeping the line you did upgrade as a dumb phone line for $9/mo

06-26-2013 08:29 PM
    Have you looked into the second line loophole? Transfer the upgrade to a different line on your account, get a phone on subsidised pricing, activate it on that line, then transfer the new device to your unlimited line? Keeping the line you did upgrade as a dumb phone line for $9/mo

Interesting . . . very interesting . . .

Sent from my SCH-I535
    06-26-2013 08:42 PM
    this "new" offer still needs a trade in of a smart phone
    06-26-2013 09:03 PM
    this "new" offer still needs a trade in of a smart phone
    No it doesn't.

AT&T Smartphones like iPhone, Samsung, HTC & Motorola from AT&T

Select your phone, add it (high price of $199) and it will be 50% off in your cart.
    06-26-2013 09:53 PM

But after the fees and such, that $9.99 line is more like $15-17 bucks a month.
    Wilbur likes this.
    06-26-2013 09:58 PM
    Then pay the ETF. A dumb phone line only costs $175 to terminate. So $200 for new phone + $175 ETF = a lot less than paying full price.

06-27-2013 01:53 AM
    Then pay the ETF. A dumb phone line only costs $175 to terminate. So $200 for new phone + $175 ETF = a lot less than paying full price.

But if you're adding this line for a smartphone, the ETF is $350. Granted you can move the new smartphone over to another line and add a dumb phone to the new line, but the ETF remains the same. Ask me how I know - been there, done that and never again.
    06-27-2013 08:28 AM
    Okay, I sent an email to Ms. Erwin to see if I could get clarification on the 32gb flavor. Hopefully she will respond soon.
    phathands likes this.
    06-27-2013 08:59 AM
    $200 for new subsidised phone + $15*24/mo = still less than full price. For a top of the line device at least.

06-27-2013 10:51 AM
    Okay, I sent an email to Ms. Erwin to see if I could get clarification on the 32gb flavor. Hopefully she will respond soon.
    And I highly doubt the legitimacy of the email blackDucati posted, so I highly doubt Tami is going to email anyone back.

06-27-2013 10:53 AM
    And I highly doubt the legitimacy of the email blackDucati posted, so I highly doubt Tami is going to email anyone back.

And then I'll know for sure.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-27-2013 11:45 AM
    $200 for new subsidised phone + $15*24/mo = still less than full price. For a top of the line device at least.

Your at $560 with the figures above. Add tax (some states collect the tax on the full retail price so it will vary) and the activation fee. To save a few bucks (under $30 if I were to do it) damn sure isn't worth it to me.

06-27-2013 11:49 AM
    And then I'll know for sure.

I sent an email over Memorial Day weekend to Tami. I did not get an email response, but did get a phone call back from their executive offices. No discussion on what devices were coming when, but more of a discussion of why I was disappointed with the changes in upgrade policy and how it affected my account. The woman who called me was very professional and let me know I could call back an any time and she would do what she could to help me. I had told her there was nothing on the Verizon lineup of devices that I was willing to spend money on. I will be calling back once the HTC One or the 32GB Samsung is released.
    06-27-2013 11:54 AM
    Same here. Received a phone call wondering why I did not want the 16gb S4.
    06-27-2013 12:10 PM
    Same here. Received a phone call wondering why I did not want the 16gb S4.
    Same here. Which is weird. WHY not just offer the 32Gb for SALE to their paying customers?

Its like Chevy offering the Corvette and listing all the available engine options. But when you get ready to buy the dealer ONLY offers a weak underpowered 6 cylinder.

"But I wander the big V8 will all the power!"

"Sorry Pilgrim ... *we* think the little 6 will be just fine for you. And why are you even questioning our thinking?"
    06-27-2013 12:31 PM
    and maybe you will hit the lottery twice in one week.........
    06-27-2013 01:10 PM
    and maybe you will hit the lottery twice in one week.........
    Haha. I'm definitely not holding my breath.

06-27-2013 01:35 PM
    Your at $560 with the figures above. Add tax (some states collect the tax on the full retail price so it will vary) and the activation fee. To save a few bucks (under $30 if I were to do it) damn sure isn't worth it to me.
    My wife bought the iPhone 4s at full retail. It was over $700.
    So 200 + ETF or 200 + $15/mo < paying full retail.

And I just called *611 to ask about the HTC One. The only info he had was "it says HTC One to be released later in the summer. More info to be released in the coming weeks. And that was two weeks ago."
    They're slow at giving info to their employees too.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
    06-27-2013 02:34 PM
    My wife bought the iPhone 4s at full retail. It was over $700.
    So 200 + ETF or 200 + $15/mo < paying full retail.

And I just called *611 to ask about the HTC One. The only info he had was "it says HTC One to be released later in the summer. More info to be released in the coming weeks. And that was two weeks ago."
    They're slow at giving info to their employees too.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
    You paid too much for that Iturd.
    06-27-2013 04:53 PM
    This was release day. Yeah.... she likes iPhones lol

06-27-2013 07:59 PM
    I was in Pittsburgh yesterday and wandered into the AT&T store with a friend. That did NOT make me feel any better about Verizon's slowness here. I asked if they had the Galaxy S4 in 32GB and the guy said "Of course!" What about the HTC One, do you have that in 64GB? "Yes! and in BLACK."

Dammit....the One in black looks really cool but not sure I can adjust to no 'menu' key.....just made me more frustrated playing with phones I WOULD buy when VZW when my carrier doesn't have any that I can accept. If I didn't have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 4G/LTE tablet that I love, I'd drop Verizon over this non-competitive nonsense.
    06-27-2013 08:48 PM
    I just finished talking to an Verizon rep @ the 800-922-0204 number who checked and said that his system showed "Coming Soon" for the 32GB S4. He did not have a sku but read what his notes said (so he said) to me. Take if for whatever it is. I just thought that I would share what was told to me. I'm still holding out for something more concrete though.
    Wilbur and WillRunForBeer like this.
    06-27-2013 08:53 PM
    I was in Pittsburgh yesterday and wandered into the AT&T store with a friend. That did NOT make me feel any better about Verizon's slowness here. I asked if they had the Galaxy S4 in 32GB and the guy said "Of course!" What about the HTC One, do you have that in 64GB? "Yes! and in BLACK."

Dammit....the One in black looks really cool but not sure I can adjust to no 'menu' key.....just made me more frustrated playing with phones I WOULD buy when VZW when my carrier doesn't have any that I can accept. If I didn't have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 4G/LTE tablet that I love, I'd drop Verizon over this non-competitive nonsense.
    When I was at AT&T, the rep there said to go with the silver HTC One as the black version would show scratches like no tomorrow.

Take it for what it's worth.
    06-27-2013 09:18 PM
    Take a look at this post on the VZW board. This one guy says he was told by people at the store where he went to purchase an S4 that the wait for the 32gb S4 was getting down to the wire so to speak but he did not say if it was a corporate tore or what. Not saying it means anything just something I ran by.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/800635
    06-28-2013 03:59 PM
350 ... 910111213 ...