07-08-2013 09:21 PM
350 1234 ...
tools
    Verizon staff seem to be all on the same page of misinformation. Collective ignorance, or an agenda.......?

Seems a defensive tactic to me, based on the apparent uniform level of ignorance.
    04-30-2013 04:22 PM
    You should have her show you how those apps are moved back and forth to and from the micoSD card. There is no option to do it and she is clueless.
    pwscott likes this.
    04-30-2013 04:38 PM
    I'm in the same situation. I'm currently with Verizon using a 32gb Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I use my phone equally for work & play, so I've got a great deal of applications, as well as photos, music etc.

In checking out the S4 at my local Corporate Verizon store, I asked about getting the 64gb version, and when it was available. The woman said that I don't need anything more than 16gb, and that I could expand upon that by adding an SD card and offload applications to it. I kindly explained to her that this can no longer be done, and she argued that it could. I asked her to show me, and she said that she had no SD card with which to demo (facepalm), then stuck to her story.

I refuse to believe that Verizon's CSR staff can be purposefully/willfully miss-leading, and that they must be parroting the information that they have been told to feed their customers.

Later in the day I visited my local Best Buy, and was informed that they have no information as to when, but both the 32 and 64gb S4s are coming.

I've got time, so I'll wait until I receive confirmation one way or the other, or find the next "superphone".
    05-01-2013 10:50 AM
    There is only 9gb free out of box with the S4. Just six of my Gameloft games will fill that up, so I will wait for a Verizon 32gb or stay with my S3 32gb. I tested the S4 out today and it is very nice, so hoping corporate people come to their senses. The stock answer from both At&t and Verizon sales people is "you can install apps to the sd card or cloud". I am unfortunately being serious.
    I have the Samsung Note 2 by Verizon. I had to delete a couple large hi-def games (eg: Asphalt 6 and 7), which took up over 1 to 2 GB each. Even after deleting these large games, I'm still down to 2 GB left of internal storage. I have many apps installed in my internal memory. Worse, every time all these many apps do updates through Google Play store, those updates also chew up what little internal storage is left. I'm at a point where I don't feel like doing anymore app updates! I too am wary of buying anymore phones with only 16GB of internal storage, which really means only 12GB (or less) is usable. Even my Sandisk Ultra 64GB micro-SD card is already half filled up with videos, pics, songs, docs. I'd happily pay an extra $100 for a 64GB internal storage phone. If I were you, I'd wait to see if a larger internal storage model comes out.
    05-01-2013 11:47 AM
    In my local Carphonewarehouse store , the demo Samsung S4 had 7.8gb free. Of which it showed 4.3gb had been used up by a few apps and games. I mean the phone was empty of extra apps. This phone is severely crippled by Samsung at 16gb. It should have never been sold with this tiny size memory.
    05-01-2013 02:57 PM
    9. whatever usable storage is idiotic and a slap in the face to Samsung customers. Slow and unreliable SD cards that you have to root to use properly are additional cost and are not a solution. Really pathetic Samsung.
    05-01-2013 03:20 PM
    9. whatever usable storage is idiotic and a slap in the face to Samsung customers. Slow and unreliable SD cards that you have to root to use properly are additional cost and are not a solution. Really pathetic Samsung.
    Again, apps2sd does not work with this OS. The only solution is more internal storage.
    05-01-2013 03:50 PM
    In my local Carphonewarehouse store , the demo Samsung S4 had 7.8gb free. Of which it showed 4.3gb had been used up by a few apps and games. I mean the phone was empty of extra apps. This phone is severely crippled by Samsung at 16gb. It should have never been sold with this tiny size memory.
    Only 7.8GB of free internal store?!? Geez, I think I'd run out of memory.........like yesterday!
    05-01-2013 04:59 PM
    You will and there in lies the rub. You have to manage your apps, d/l new ones, delete old ones and d/l new ones again, all the while chewing through your data plan unless you are on a WiFi connection. It sucks and its poor planning. Samsung should have told the US Carriers they are only offering a 32GB version, in fact they shouldn't even be making a 16GB version this would greatly reduce the problem.
    05-01-2013 05:02 PM
    The only reason these companies are putting such a low limit on data is that they want you to go over. I'd be willing to bet that not many carriers will get the 64gb version.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-04-2013 01:56 PM
    Where is my new 64GB Verizon S4? I'm sick of waiting for nothing.
    05-05-2013 10:58 PM
    I remember my OG droid and I think it had 256mb. That was annoying when I kept bumping up against the install limits :/
    05-06-2013 10:26 AM
    I noticed that on VZWs website they are now pre-selling the S4 with "16GB" in the headline name of the phone. That clear distinction, which no other phone seems to have, clearly suggests they are going to be selling a 32GB model.
    I will be cancelling my preorder and continuing to suffer with my Galaxy Nexus until the 32GB is available.
    Wilbur likes this.
    05-07-2013 07:51 PM
    Well at least the 32GB version appears to be coming to Verizon "soon".

It's a start, but I'd much rather have the 64GB S4 given the fact that I am destined to have it for two years or so.

Verizon Wireless customers will see a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Technology Bloom News
    05-29-2013 11:30 AM

It's a start, but I'd much rather have the 64GB S4 given the fact that I am destined to have it for two years or so.

Verizon Wireless customers will see a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Technology Bloom News
    Oh yeah.....holding out pays off!!
    05-29-2013 11:35 AM
    My concern though is why just this email? Still no verification and this is a day old. Gottamobile is parroting the same email and seems to be using their same dubious "source" to verify it is correct- The same that said Verizon would not offer one. On top of that, a few other sites are parroting Gottamobile.

Though apparent good news, the lack of news expansion through other media outlets since yesterday has increased my doubt of validity. Seems we need more verification beyond parroting the same email. My corporate rep has zero information and the 32gb still does not exist in their system.
    05-29-2013 11:42 AM
    My concern though is why just this email? Still no verification and this is a day old. Gottamobile is parroting the same email and seems to be using their same dubious "source" to verify it is correct- The same that said Verizon would not offer one. On top of that, a few other sites are parroting Gottamobile.

Though apparent good news, the lack of news expansion through other media outlets since yesterday has increased my doubt of validity. Seems we need more verification beyond parroting the same email. My corporate rep has zero information and the 32gb still does not exist in their system.

Well no.....it doesn't exist in the system because it's not ready. Rep's have no clue......just like how some said Verizon would NEVER release a 32gb version.
    05-29-2013 11:45 AM

Can I be a pessimist here? the article seems to only cite "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizons Chief Marketing Officer replied.." but fails to say WHO sent the email, when, or the name of the VZW CMO.

And continues "... What Mr. Won Kim said is that we are not currently working on a Nexus 5, which is true. But that doesnt mean we would turn down the opportunity. Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price. " which doesn't specifically mention the 32 gig S4 at all.

So is this really confirmed?

Are they possibly citing the email in this forum post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2818660
    05-29-2013 11:50 AM
    Can I be a pessimist here? the article seems to only cite "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizons Chief Marketing Officer replied.." but fails to say WHO sent the email, when, or the name of the VZW CMO.

And continues "... What Mr. Won Kim said is that we are not currently working on a Nexus 5, which is true. But that doesnt mean we would turn down the opportunity. Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price. " which doesn't specifically mention the 32 gig S4 at all.

So is this really confirmed?

Are they possibly citing the email in this forum post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2818660
    Are you saying you think/know that the Vice President and Chief Marketing Office of Verizon Wireless BS's customers in emails? I would imagine she got many emails about this issue. I for one will trust what she says in here email. I expect to see the S4 32gb with in a couple of months or as soon as they can get details worked out with Samsung. I don't think they planed on selling it though or the details would have been worked out
    05-29-2013 07:26 PM
    I'm wondering how only one person in the world received a response back? I emailed also and never heard anything.
    05-29-2013 07:40 PM
    Obviously fake and Black Ducati is trolling

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
    05-30-2013 10:40 AM
    Are you saying you think/know that the Vice President and Chief Marketing Office of Verizon Wireless BS's customers in emails? I would imagine she got many emails about this issue. I for one will trust what she says in here email. I expect to see the S4 32gb with in a couple of months or as soon as they can get details worked out with Samsung. I don't think they planed on selling it though or the details would have been worked out
    I think the point was that:

1. what evidence of this email do we really have? It doesn't actually state names or really provide much content.

2. the content that is quoted has nothing to do with the GS4 or a 32GB version

3. earlier in the article is simply refers to "an online source", as opposed to an actual VZW executive

I don't think Mark_Venture is saying that Verizon's CMO puts out bogus emails, just that this article doesn't really provide enough evidence to support that Verizon's CMO actually ever said anything regarding the 32GB GS4.
    05-30-2013 10:51 AM
    I'm saying that it appears the technobloom article may just be parroting the email in this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2818660 rather than having some other sources who also confirm. And to this point, has any one else posted a reply from VZW's CMO?

See also -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2822781
    05-30-2013 11:22 AM
    I'm saying that it appears the technobloom article may just be parroting the email in this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2818660 rather than having some other sources who also confirm. And to this point, has any one else posted a reply from VZW's CMO?

See also -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2822781
    No, I think out of the thousands of emails she received reguarding the 32GB S4, she only replied to one person. Strange
    05-30-2013 12:19 PM
    No, I think out of the thousands of emails she received reguarding the 32GB S4, she only replied to one person. Strange
    well, that too
    05-30-2013 01:04 PM
350 1234 ...