Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Ok, here is my update. I just called Verizon Customer Service to ask how to switch my number to ATT and the gentleman told me how and the time it took and proceeded to ask me why. I explained that I was not happy about the S4 32GB not being available and that you are not going to carry it and he tells me quote" let me check on that for you, one moment." He then comes back and says" I can tell you that we are going to be carrying the S4 32GB in both black and white and it is on our release schedule for next month." I asked for a exact date and he said there was only mention of July release.
Try calling for yourselves, but I am still hoping with what I was told today.
I wonder how much of that was a rep telling you what he thought you wanted to hear, and how much was actually true?

I mean it doesn't fit the typical Verizon pattern... where Reps pretty much don't know anything until Verizon makes an official press announcement with a date.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how much of that was a rep telling you what he thought you wanted to hear, and how much was actually true?

I mean it doesn't fit the typical Verizon pattern... where Reps pretty much don't know anything until Verizon makes an official press announcement with a date.

I'm kinda on the fence as I have had telephone CSR's tell me about an upcoming phone. While a date wasn't provided, she was correct. I think if we are going to hear something, it'll be the latter part of this month if there is going to be a July release.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda on the fence as I have had telephone CSR's tell me about an upcoming phone. While a date wasn't provided, she was correct. I think if we are going to hear something, it'll be the latter part of this month if there is going to be a July release.

And that date could fluctuate. Remember the initial Verizon S4 selling date was May 30, then they advanced it to May 23.

Another "incentive' for an upcoming 32Gb model is news indicating 3rd quarter sales of the S4 may not be as strong as investors expected:

[From MarketWatch June 7, 2013] Samsung Electronics Co. shares fell sharply Friday, notching their biggest single-day percentage drop in more than nine months on concerns the company?s new flagship phone may not be selling as strongly as expected.

Samsung ended down 6.2% at 1,427,000 won ($1,275), against a 1.8% drop in the local benchmark stock index. The fall slashed Samsung?s market capitalization by $12.4 billion to $187.8 billion.

Traders said the decline was triggered by a research note from J.P. Morgan JPM analyst J.J. Park, who wrote that shipments of the Galaxy S4 for the third quarter would likely ?disappoint? investors, resulting in lower-than-expected margins for Samsung.

?Our supply chain checks show monthly orders have been cut 20%-30% to 7 to 8 million units (from 10 million) starting July,? wrote Park. He downgraded Samsung?s share price target to KRW1,900,000 from KRW2,100,000 previously.​

Added pressure will be on Samsung and the carriers to include more model offerings to stimulate sales. I see that as offering the 32Gb and [faint] the 64Gb models. The tech news sources finally, in recent weeks, issued stories about the "little" 16Gb of internal memory and how much is actually available to the user.

On a side note I see AndroidCentral has decided to deactivate the Italic and Bold features. At least they don't show up in the Preview Post mode.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
And that date could fluctuate. Remember the initial Verizon S4 selling date was May 30, then they advanced it to May 23.

Another "incentive' for an upcoming 32Gb model is news indicating 3rd quarter sales of the S4 may not be as strong as investors expected:

[From MarketWatch June 7, 2013] Samsung Electronics Co. shares fell sharply Friday, notching their biggest single-day percentage drop in more than nine months on concerns the company?s new flagship phone may not be selling as strongly as expected.

Samsung ended down 6.2% at 1,427,000 won ($1,275), against a 1.8% drop in the local benchmark stock index. The fall slashed Samsung?s market capitalization by $12.4 billion to $187.8 billion.

Traders said the decline was triggered by a research note from J.P. Morgan JPM analyst J.J. Park, who wrote that shipments of the Galaxy S4 for the third quarter would likely ?disappoint? investors, resulting in lower-than-expected margins for Samsung.

?Our supply chain checks show monthly orders have been cut 20%-30% to 7 to 8 million units (from 10 million) starting July,? wrote Park. He downgraded Samsung?s share price target to KRW1,900,000 from KRW2,100,000 previously.​

Added pressure will be on Samsung and the carriers to include more model offerings to stimulate sales. I see that as offering the 32Gb and [faint] the 64Gb models. The tech news sources finally, in recent weeks, issued stories about the "little" 16Gb of internal memory and how much is actually available to the user.

On a side note I see AndroidCentral has decided to deactivate the Italic and Bold features. At least they don't show up in the Preview Post mode.

But I wonder if the slow sales will make the carries be overly cautious on releasing a new version.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
No, just the 32gb S4.....:D
Yeah, but if the 16 gig S4 isn't selling at its price point, would that make the carriers (Verizon) be a little more cautious on releasing a 32gig S4 which will more than likely have a higher price point? Especially given the sales data they have on the 32gig S3.

Its going to be interesting over the next few months :cool:

If the HTC One truly comes to Verizon, has 32gig and gets here before a 32 Gig S4, then I'll probably go with it, even if it doesn't have a micro SD slot.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
But I wonder if the slow sales will make the carries be overly cautious on releasing a new version.

The sales info they're getting now IS from the 16Gb model. Adding the 32Gb and 64Gb would be the natural variation for additional sales. In addition to the Active and Zoom models. But who knows how many people are still on the sidelines waiting for their 2 year contracts to expire before buying a new phone? My 2 year contract just recently expired.

NOW is the time for Verizon to increase their S4 offering. Plus, if you check out Verizon Wireless' website and shop for Samsung smartphones the S4 is the ONLY model (of six) that lists 16Gb in the name title. Why? It suggests to me that eventually a 32Gb option will be seen or even a pull down menu listing both (or all three?) configurations (16Gb, 32Gb & 64Gb). Or what is preventing them from making it a Special Order item? I don't like this ONE SIZE fits all mentality the carriers are shoving down our throats.

I'm only small potatoes but I will be purchasing TWO S4 32Gb whenever Verizon decides to get off their high horse and offers what a current customer wants to buy. So the wait is on. tick, tick, tick...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but if the 16 gig S4 isn't selling at its price point, would that make the carriers (Verizon) be a little more cautious on releasing a 32gig S4 which will more than likely have a higher price point? Especially given the sales data they have on the 32gig S3.

Its going to be interesting over the next few months :cool:

If the HTC One truly comes to Verizon, has 32gig and gets here before a 32 Gig S4, then I'll probably go with it, even if it doesn't have a micro SD slot.

There is a fifty buck difference between the 16gb and 32gb versions. And it was this way with the S3.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The sales info they're getting now IS from the 16Gb model. Adding the 32Gb and 64Gb would be the natural variation for additional sales. In addition to the Active and Zoom models. But who knows how many people are still on the sidelines waiting for their 2 year contracts to expire before buying a new phone? My 2 year contract just recently expired.

NOW is the time for Verizon to increase their S4 offering. Plus, if you check out Verizon Wireless' website and shop for Samsung smartphones the S4 is the ONLY model (of six) that lists 16Gb in the name title. Why? It suggests to me that eventually a 32Gb option will be seen or even a pull down menu listing both (or all three?) configurations (16Gb, 32Gb & 64Gb). Or what is preventing them from making it a Special Order item? I don't like this ONE SIZE fits all mentality the carriers are shoving down our throats.

I'm only small potatoes but I will be purchasing TWO S4 32Gb whenever Verizon decides to get off their high horse and offers what a current customer wants to buy. So the wait is on. tick, tick, tick...

I'm waiting right along with you. I am also going to get two 32gb's if and when they come. And I'll be damned if I sign a new contract - I'm paying full donkey for them so I should be able to get the flavor I want. I guess time will tell.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting right along with you. I am also going to get two 32gb's if and when they come. And I'll be damned if I sign a new contract - I'm paying full donkey for them so I should be able to get the flavor I want. I guess time will tell.

Get a ghost line. It's cheaper to get one on a new contract, then pay the ETF, than paying full price

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.