Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My concern though is why just this email? Still no verification and this is a day old. Gottamobile is parroting the same email and seems to be using their same dubious "source" to verify it is correct- The same that said Verizon would not offer one. On top of that, a few other sites are parroting Gottamobile.

Though apparent good news, the lack of news expansion through other media outlets since yesterday has increased my doubt of validity. Seems we need more verification beyond parroting the same email. My corporate rep has zero information and the 32gb still does not exist in their system.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My concern though is why just this email? Still no verification and this is a day old. Gottamobile is parroting the same email and seems to be using their same dubious "source" to verify it is correct- The same that said Verizon would not offer one. On top of that, a few other sites are parroting Gottamobile.

Though apparent good news, the lack of news expansion through other media outlets since yesterday has increased my doubt of validity. Seems we need more verification beyond parroting the same email. My corporate rep has zero information and the 32gb still does not exist in their system.

Verizon Wireless customers will see a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 ? Technology Bloom News

Well no.....it doesn't exist in the system because it's not ready. Rep's have no clue......just like how some said Verizon would NEVER release a 32gb version.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Well at least the 32GB version appears to be coming to Verizon "soon".

It's a start, but I'd much rather have the 64GB S4 given the fact that I am destined to have it for two years or so.

Verizon Wireless customers will see a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 ? Technology Bloom News
Can I be a pessimist here? the article seems to only cite "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizon?s Chief Marketing Officer replied.." but fails to say WHO sent the email, when, or the name of the VZW CMO.

And continues "... ?What Mr. Won Kim said is that we are not currently working on a Nexus 5, which is true. But that doesn?t mean we would turn down the opportunity.? Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price. " which doesn't specifically mention the 32 gig S4 at all.

So is this really confirmed?

Are they possibly citing the email in this forum post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can I be a pessimist here? the article seems to only cite "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizon?s Chief Marketing Officer replied.." but fails to say WHO sent the email, when, or the name of the VZW CMO.

And continues "... ?What Mr. Won Kim said is that we are not currently working on a Nexus 5, which is true. But that doesn?t mean we would turn down the opportunity.? Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price. " which doesn't specifically mention the 32 gig S4 at all.

So is this really confirmed?

Are they possibly citing the email in this forum post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660
Are you saying you think/know that the Vice President and Chief Marketing Office of Verizon Wireless BS's customers in emails? I would imagine she got many emails about this issue. I for one will trust what she says in here email. I expect to see the S4 32gb with in a couple of months or as soon as they can get details worked out with Samsung. I don't think they planed on selling it though or the details would have been worked out

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Are you saying you think/know that the Vice President and Chief Marketing Office of Verizon Wireless BS's customers in emails? I would imagine she got many emails about this issue. I for one will trust what she says in here email. I expect to see the S4 32gb with in a couple of months or as soon as they can get details worked out with Samsung. I don't think they planed on selling it though or the details would have been worked out

I think the point was that:

1. what evidence of this email do we really have? It doesn't actually state names or really provide much content.

2. the content that is quoted has nothing to do with the GS4 or a 32GB version

3. earlier in the article is simply refers to "an online source", as opposed to an actual VZW executive

I don't think Mark_Venture is saying that Verizon's CMO puts out bogus emails, just that this article doesn't really provide enough evidence to support that Verizon's CMO actually ever said anything regarding the 32GB GS4.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I'm saying that it appears the technobloom article may just be parroting the email in this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660 rather than having some other sources who also confirm. And to this point, has any one else posted a reply from VZW's CMO?

See also -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...o-32gb-s4-what-will-you-do-4.html#post2822781

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm saying that it appears the technobloom article may just be parroting the email in this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660 rather than having some other sources who also confirm. And to this point, has any one else posted a reply from VZW's CMO?

See also -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...o-32gb-s4-what-will-you-do-4.html#post2822781

No, I think out of the thousands of emails she received reguarding the 32GB S4, she only replied to one person. Strange :D

WickedRabbit

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Just my $0.02, but I wouldn't count on a 32GB or 64GB version of the GS4. Reason: The Note 2 only came with 16GB option and they even discontinued the 32GB model GS3's. The 16GB models of EVERYTHING are always the best selling (just go ask how many 32GB or 64GB iPhone's they sell and you will see it's no different) because to the average person it's just cheaper. The only reason they even carry the larger iPhone's is because Apple makes them (something Samsung needs to start doing). Otherwise, if it were up to Verizon they wouldn't.

If a larger capacity GS4 ever came, it'd be late this year, long enough to where early adopters cannot return/exchange their 16GB models. Verizon is a very 'corporate' company and they will not do anything that hurts their own sales or results in high returns/exchanges. So, for those waiting you're really playing a dangerous game because likely it'll never come and IF it does, it'll be fall in the fall at earliest. Even the Developer Edition is only 16GB.

I agree that coming from a 32GB S3 to now a 16GB S4 is a bit of a slap in the face, but for now I manage mainly because I don't game too much on my phone so I can for the most part deal. Still, if I had the choice I'd get 32gb or 64gb just for the sake of longevity. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see a fall release of a 'limited edition color' GS4 with 32GB or 64GB of storage. I could possibly see Big Red do that, but even then that's depending on how their line up for the fall is.

Verizon is also staying away / being excluded from the Google Edition of devices, probably because they were kicked out of the Nexus program for not allowing Google updates. No OEM probably trusts them with a 'nexus-like' device because Verizon will still want to control updates. It sometimes sucks to be on Verizon, especially when it comes to devices, as they are now officially dead last when it comes to options.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm grandfathered in to an unlimited everything plan and the recently announced AWS support for the GS4 I'd likely leave altogether. Verizon, hear me now: if you ever force me to get rid of my unlimited, I don't really have much of a reason to stay and will just go to AT&T for better phone choices.

RLangerman

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I wrote the CMO as well saying I would move off of AT&T if Verizon had the 32gb S4. I got an email and a call from a person in "Verizon Wireless Executive Relations". The guy told me that they were getting a fair number of requests for the larger memory, but that they don't have it today and his team doesn't know about new products until a day or two before they are available. He tried to explain to me the value of adding an SD card or cloud storage (and other marketing blah blah blah), but he really didn't say anything. I asked him specifically about rumors on the internet that Verizon's CMO had confirmed that Verizon would have the product and he said he knew nothing about that. He closed by asking me whether I was satisfied by his response. Of course, i said "no". I told him that the only satisfaction would be if he would confirm that Verizon would have the 32gb and give me a date. He said he couldn't confirm anything except what was on Verizon's web site...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I wrote the CMO as well saying I would move off of AT&T if Verizon had the 32gb S4. I got an email and a call from a person in "Verizon Wireless Executive Relations". The guy told me that they were getting a fair number of requests for the larger memory, but that they don't have it today and his team doesn't know about new products until a day or two before they are available. He tried to explain to me the value of adding an SD card or cloud storage (and other marketing blah blah blah), but he really didn't say anything. I asked him specifically about rumors on the internet that Verizon's CMO had confirmed that Verizon would have the product and he said he knew nothing about that. He closed by asking me whether I was satisfied by his response. Of course, i said "no". I told him that the only satisfaction would be if he would confirm that Verizon would have the 32gb and give me a date. He said he couldn't confirm anything except what was on Verizon's web site...

Thanks for sharing but that's how Verizon is - the same 'ol dog and pony tap dance.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing but that's how Verizon is - the same 'ol dog and pony tap dance.

The thing with corporate executives is the bottom line to the shareholders (Verizon/Vodaphone) they could care less about a few unhappy people who may or may not go to another company for service because of a certain phone/phones. You lose some customers for one reason or another and you gain some new customers from other companies for one reason or another. You don't clog up your selves with a product that only sells to a very few (only the 16gb note 2 and discontinuance of the S3 16gb) I do see the MOTO for POWER USERS still listed as 32 gb but not a 16. They also offer the IPHONE 5 in up to 64gb for power user who want their service on VZW. Those of us who want Samsung S4 32 or 64 gb are just going to buy the 16gb or just buy a MOTO or IPHONE or just be SOL. So VZW does offer a phone with a larger internal memory if its customers want that. VZW must not consider the Samsung S4 or S3 or N2 as a top line phone regardless of what others think of Samsung products. Everyone As far as those 2 posted articles they are just wrong or just plain lying and the email is just FOS he does not have anything better to do. They do have us all discussing it though.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The thing with corporate executives is the bottom line to the shareholders (Verizon/Vodaphone) they could care less about a few unhappy people who may or may not go to another company for service because of a certain phone/phones. You lose some customers for one reason or another and you gain some new customers from other companies for one reason or another. You don't clog up your selves with a product that only sells to a very few (only the 16gb note 2 and discontinuance of the S3 16gb) I do see the MOTO for POWER USERS still listed as 32 gb but not a 16. They also offer the IPHONE 5 in up to 64gb for power user who want their service on VZW. Those of us who want Samsung S4 32 or 64 gb are just going to buy the 16gb or just buy a MOTO or IPHONE or just be SOL. So VZW does offer a phone with a larger internal memory if its customers want that. VZW must not consider the Samsung S4 or S3 or N2 as a top line phone regardless of what others think of Samsung products. Everyone As far as those 2 posted articles they are just wrong or just plain lying and the email is just FOS he does not have anything better to do. They do have us all discussing it though.

It's actually probably the opposite...they probably know they'll sell a bazillion units in the 16GB variety, so why worry about providing additional options?

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. I'm currently with Verizon using a 32gb Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I use my phone equally for work & play, so I've got a great deal of applications, as well as photos, music etc.

In checking out the S4 at my local Corporate Verizon store, I asked about getting the 64gb version, and when it was available. The woman said that I don't need anything more than 16gb, and that I could expand upon that by adding an SD card and offload applications to it. I kindly explained to her that this can no longer be done, and she argued that it could. I asked her to show me, and she said that she had no SD card with which to demo (facepalm), then stuck to her story.

I refuse to believe that Verizon's CSR staff can be purposefully/willfully miss-leading, and that they must be parroting the information that they have been told to feed their customers.

Later in the day I visited my local Best Buy, and was informed that they have no information as to when, but both the 32 and 64gb S4s are coming.

I've got time, so I'll wait until I receive confirmation one way or the other, or find the next "superphone".

Don't you hate it when sales people tell YOU, the consumer, what you need?? I throw it right back in their face. "Its MY money and *I* will determine what I need and WANT."

I can just imagine the sale woman's manager prepping her for the sale pitch: "Okay Heidi, just tell the customers that 16Gb is plenty and all they need ... since these are the only models we ordered."

I prefer to spend my money on MORE internal memory. It writes THREE times faster and READS six times faster than the fastest SD external memory. And its much more reliable.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am more concerned about a mystery email to a customer that appears to be for all intent and purpose, false. With the HTC One now coming and then the iPhone 5s shortly after that, I think we have little chance of seeing the 32GB model. Either that or a key VP at Verizon is clueless with either communication or their products.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am more concerned about a mystery email to a customer that appears to be for all intent and purpose, false. With the HTC One now coming and then the iPhone 5s shortly after that, I think we have little chance of seeing the 32GB model. Either that or a key VP at Verizon is clueless with either communication or their products.

As much as I hate to say it....I have to call shenanigans or throw the bs flag on the email in regards to the 32gb S4 coming. I guess I got my hopes up too quickly. But maybe - just maybe there is still a glimmer of hope.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
As much as I hate to say it....I have to call shenanigans or throw the bs flag on the email in regards to the 32gb S4 coming. I guess I got my hopes up too quickly. But maybe - just maybe there is still a glimmer of hope.

What you talkiin bout Willis? I was ready to order another $35. screen protector for my new 32GB S4.
You know that email was 100% fake, thousands of emails to Verizon and this is the only guy in the world that got a response. :(

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just did not expect somebody to make such an effort to post a fake email (if the case here). That said, the OP has made no other posts about it and the wording does not add up unless the VP let an intern or the janitor respond (no offense to interns or janitors).

The VP would not have elaborated on Samsung and any supply issue and would not have signed, "Tami"- All VZW staff with email have signatures of full name and title. The email comes across as a fake, whatever the reason may be. Everything from one person getting a response, the wording of the email and the lack of any SKU or word to their supply chain makes no sense. A VP of Verizon would NOT tell a customer unless sales & operations staff were also aware. Not adding up- anyway sliced. Still, I can not see the OP faking this. No motive and previous posts do not come across as a practical joker.

Added: This also would confirm that Gottamobile are nothing put parrots that add conjecture with "sources" to validate what they parrot.

Last edited: