Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
On Post 177 of this thread Tami Erwin responded to someone else who emailed her about the 32GB Galaxy S4.

Will Verizon "ever" carry a 32GB S4 model? - Page 18 - xda-developers
Here is a direct link to that post -> xda-developers - View Single Post - Will Verizon "ever" carry a 32GB S4 model?
(Page numbers are unreliable as user preference settings can change the number of posts per page someone sees, thus altering what "page" in a thread a post appears on)

If this email posted on XDA by Eloquence is authentic, that is good news. But I'm still a skeptical.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is something wrong with this email not having a VZW Corporate signature as most all emails have from large companies. It just don't look correct to me.

Not saying it's authentic but it might have been stripped out when they copyed/pasted it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

jameyscott56

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're set on a galaxy series phone and aren't willing to root and install a custom rom that allows you to switch internal external memory, then I'd say that's probably you're best bet. Just realize (if you are on a contract) that in two years the s3 will feel extremely slow, depending on your usage.

sent from GSN2 using Tapatalk 4

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying I should get cozy with the used 32gb S3 I just bought?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

You can't go by these "road maps" as anything set in stone. They change all the time and not always accurate by any means. Plus I've never heard of anyone having a NDA for a "road map".

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My corporate bud would not have lied to me about something this mundane. It was on the list during the last training meeting and now it is not. He thought it would be more likely due to it is releasing, but if end of July, that is a long gap.

At&t folks assert they have exclusivity for at least three months (sales pressure BS perhaps to get people to switch to them?). A few media sites concur exclusivity, but give no time frame and no source.

The two emails do not have the usual corporate signatures and both signed differently. Perhaps sent via phone email, then rather than email on a computer with Exchange or Notes. The syntax is similar in both. Not seeing people gaming this, since too elaborate and both had previous post history. This removes the troll potential IMO.

I think it seems a fair chance one does release, but with the S4 refresh hitting probably in the fall, I might just keep waiting. A much faster chipset, better battery life and runs cooler.... Might be worth the extra three months past July. Added: This assumes a 32 model is released and Verizon offers the refresh.

As far as lack of info from Verizon, IF there really was exclusivity, this would explain Verizon not saying anything, since could sway people to hold off, or move on. Competitors do not like publicizing the others exclusivity of products. Marketing 101 no-no.

Added: The Qualcomm 800 is a significant advance in fabrication compared to the 600. Makes me want it in a tablet as well.

Last edited:

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
You can't go by these "road maps" as anything set in stone. They change all the time and not always accurate by any means. Plus I've never heard of anyone having a NDA for a "road map".
Well, I have. This time, and others, the 2nd slide in the deck has a statement about the information being covered falls under the NDA we have signed (first slide being the Verizon logo). And they couldn't share the deck via webex for our people who were remote.

I've sat through 6+ years worth of these visits/presentations.

Usually the only thing not correct in them is when the launch date got pushed for some reason or another. Its rare that devices being launched in the next 3-4 months are absent from the map, except in the case of iPhones (this includes my meetings with ATT, T-Mobile too).

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I understand Verizon can do whatever it wants. I understand Verizon can change it's mind on what it will and will not carry.

I'm not following why we'd see (now) two emails from Tami Erwin (Tami.Erwin@verizonwireless.com) the second being dated just yesterday saying they will carry the 32GB if they were NOT going to.

If we find out Verizon won't carry after all of this their Leadership is going to look really bad...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I understand Verizon can do whatever it wants. I understand Verizon can change it's mind on what it will and will not carry.

I'm not following why we'd see (now) two emails from Tami Erwin (Tami.Erwin@verizonwireless.com) the second being dated just yesterday saying they will carry the 32GB if they were NOT going to.

If we find out Verizon won't carry after all of this their Leadership is going to look really bad...

But that's just it - nothing to confirm the emails actually came from Tami Erwin. All we have is an email that supposedly (until confirmed by Verizon) says the device will launch. No one else has even heard of this info, let alone report on it. Damn sure won't get my hopes up this time around.

Posted via Android Central App

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
But that's just it - nothing to confirm the emails actually came from Tami Erwin. All we have is an email that supposedly (until confirmed by Verizon) says the device will launch. No one else has even heard of this info, let alone report on it. Damn sure won't get my hopes up this time around.

It is just starting to look more and more S4 32gb is not going to happen but I am not going to at&t just to say I have one and I sure won't lower to the 16gb as that just won't work for me.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
It is just starting to look more and more S4 32gb is not going to happen but I am not going to at&t just to say I have one and I sure won't lower to the 16gb as that just won't work for me.

What is the backup plan? Has anyone here tried emailing sweet Tami?

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the Moto X and hope all our dreams come true?

I'm reading mixed reports about it being awesome or having last year's specs.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Wait for the Moto X and hope all our dreams come true?

I'm reading mixed reports about it being awesome or having last year's specs.
I think the good chance that there are likely going to be more than one moto coming in the fall time frame is getting people confused. i.e. They are mixing specs from multiple phones together.

Then again,if Moto is coming out only with a "last years spec" phone, maybe they are just targeting mid/low tier phone users first, to make some quick sales and gain back market share, then will come out with a "flag ship" or "Halo" device later. Kind of backwards from everyone else, but only time will tell.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I only wish they were coming out with their high end device first. They've got to catch up with the S4 and the/HTC One should be out late summer too.

I'm thinking that unless they've got their "hero" device announced and specs laid out by late summer, I'll be getting an HTC One.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What is the backup plan? Has anyone here tried emailing sweet Tami?

My plan is to have the S3 32gb with CM 10.1 on it and sit and wait until VZW comes out with a phone which has at least 32gb internal if ever or another carrier improves the service in my area and they have the phone I need, I have kinda looked for the MOTO phone but if it is going to be a NEXUS device it won't have an sd for my music and photos I like to carry around.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My S3 32GB is fine. I would like the new display and better camera, but not at the expense of losing 17GB of internal storage. Not a fan of apps 2 sd, since swap cards for media and like having the extra 17GB total for storage. MP3's and PSX roms alone suck space up, not counting MAME, photos and video.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Not gonna lie, if VZW gets that new HTC Butterfly S, I'll gladly make the compromise on storage space.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie, if VZW gets that new HTC Butterfly S, I'll gladly make the compromise on storage space.

That device is for the Taiwanese market and doubt it will make it here.