Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is making it hard for me to resist. Granted, you can only get the 16gb flavor for half price, but for $200.02 I can get two S4's and two S3's (for the kids) with waived activation and free overnight shipping.

Decisions, decisions. :D

Exactly. And AT&T is timing this 50% off deal for a good reason. Probably their LAST week of exclusivity. They are hoping this price cut will lure in many remaining people from other carriers ... haha before the 32Gb is offered by other carriers. Think about it. Why else would they offer it right now?

I'm waiting .... patience will pay off. I'm not going to be manipulated by AT&T's sales force. I know what I want and I'm going to buy what I want.

"Damn the torpedoes ... full speed ahead!"

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. And AT&T is timing this 50% off deal for a good reason. Probably their LAST week of exclusivity. They are hoping this price cut will lure in many remaining people from other carriers ... haha before the 32Gb is offered by other carriers. Think about it. Why else would they offer it right now?

I'm waiting .... patience will pay off. I'm not going to be manipulated by AT&T's sales force. I know what I want and I'm going to buy what I want.

I need a new phone now, just waiting for Verizon to get the 32GB S4 or the HTC One. This AT&T deal is really tempting. Can get either one there now and the price on the HTC One is $99.99. No discount on the 32GB S4 only the 16GB is on sale.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
when i was shopping for my s4 like a month ago, att was still offering at least $100 for the trade in of an old smart phone. which still brings it down to "50% off". so its not really new

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I think you're absolutely right about this.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
when i was shopping for my s4 like a month ago, att was still offering at least $100 for the trade in of an old smart phone. which still brings it down to "50% off". so its not really new

But if you don't have a trade it's a good deal. Why the heck anyone trade a device somewhat new for a hundred bucks is beyond me.

Posted via Android Central App

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Verizon WILL find a way to **** this up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Truth.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with it. AT&T isn't paying any attention to whether Verizon has a 32 GB version or not.

I need a new phone now, just waiting for Verizon to get the 32GB S4 or the HTC One. This AT&T deal is really tempting. Can get either one there now and the price on the HTC One is $99.99. No discount on the 32GB S4 only the 16GB is on sale.

It is tempting but I have to have that superior Verizon coverage. They know a lot of people feel the same way which is why they feel free to screw their customers around. I'm month to month on unlimited too so if I paid full price I can keep unlimited coverage on Verizon which is very tempting.

Also wtf is happening with the Verizon HTC One...I'd like to have an alternative to an S 4.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Damn just looking at that Google edition HTC One has me wanting to get off Verizon. I wish they'd take away my unlimited data so I quit suckling that teet like a sucka. There are parties on every corner and we're just watching, like being grounded in our rooms without supper.

Sent from my SCH-I535

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn just looking at that Google edition HTC One has me wanting to get off Verizon. I wish they'd take away my unlimited data so I quit suckling that teet like a sucka. There are parties on every corner and we're just watching, like being grounded in our rooms without supper.

Sent from my SCH-I535

:D

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my SCH-I535

Well my plan is to wait for the HTC One release, wait to make sure Verizon didn't have the bootloader super locked, if so then wait for it to be unlocked, and then I'll get an HTC One, as long as it's 32GB.
I could see Verizon only wanting the HTC One on their network if HTC met their demands.
"32GB? That's way too much storage. You do know we rolled out the Verizon cloud storage? And we've also noticed the other carriers' model has an unlockable bootloader. That needs to be fixed. We don't want users to be able to install an AOSP ROM on their phone"

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you looked into the second line loophole? Transfer the upgrade to a different line on your account, get a phone on subsidised pricing, activate it on that line, then transfer the new device to your unlimited line? Keeping the line you did upgrade as a dumb phone line for $9/mo

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked into the second line loophole? Transfer the upgrade to a different line on your account, get a phone on subsidised pricing, activate it on that line, then transfer the new device to your unlimited line? Keeping the line you did upgrade as a dumb phone line for $9/mo

Interesting . . . very interesting . . .

Sent from my SCH-I535

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

But after the fees and such, that $9.99 line is more like $15-17 bucks a month.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Then pay the ETF. A dumb phone line only costs $175 to terminate. So $200 for new phone + $175 ETF = a lot less than paying full price.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Then pay the ETF. A dumb phone line only costs $175 to terminate. So $200 for new phone + $175 ETF = a lot less than paying full price.

But if you're adding this line for a smartphone, the ETF is $350. Granted you can move the new smartphone over to another line and add a dumb phone to the new line, but the ETF remains the same. Ask me how I know - been there, done that and never again.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I sent an email to Ms. Erwin to see if I could get clarification on the 32gb flavor. Hopefully she will respond soon. :)

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
$200 for new subsidised phone + $15*24/mo = still less than full price. For a top of the line device at least.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I sent an email to Ms. Erwin to see if I could get clarification on the 32gb flavor. Hopefully she will respond soon. :)

And I highly doubt the legitimacy of the email blackDucati posted, so I highly doubt Tami is going to email anyone back.