Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still up.
Trying to find a written comparison of the HTC One vs S4, but all I can find are GE comparisons and video reviews. I don't want to watch a video, I want to look at specs!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

May 23, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read the HTC 1 is a better built phone, but when it comes to specs In my opinion the S4 is better. Honestly though I don't think you can go wrong with either phone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Now I have to hope Best Buy carriers it, so I can use the buy back program with them. It worked out great total cost going from the Razr to the S3. Else I will wait until end of year for the S4 with the Snap 800 ;)

techdad2

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm in for the 32 gig, just ordered it and ships on July 3rd. A long wait it has been, thanks to the members who have kept us informed about Verizon finally getting the 32GB S4.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Specs don't tell you a lot about real world use unless they are dramatically different.

I'm still up.
Trying to find a written comparison of the HTC One vs S4, but all I can find are GE comparisons and video reviews. I don't want to watch a video, I want to look at specs!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just to let you know my email to Tami Erwin's office was well worth the time and effort. The corporate rep that called me back I left a message for on Saturday morning. She called me back before 9AM today, modified my account to allow me to order the S4 32GB a few months early, and gave me a better price on the device. Between my wireless and FIOS I am over $400 per month with Verizon - very happy right now. Can't wait until it ships.
Already ordered a couple Spigen cases and a new SD card for it.
Hope eveyone likes their new 32GB S4.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
You going to opt for the 32GB now?
I didn't say that :D

I ended up getting a 16gig VZW S4 for work almost two weeks ago. Based on its reception... I'm likely skipping the S4 for personal use. There are too many places with "bars" but data on the S4 doesn't work. dropped calls, and other reception issues, all in places my Thunderbolt, Bionic, iPhone 5, and Lumia 928 have no issues.

If I see a firmware update which improves reception, I'll revisit, but for now I think my sights are set on the VZW HTC One. (I also like the ONE has the volume rocker on the right side of the phone, which is a better placement for my hand when holding it while on phone calls.)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I ended up getting a 16gig VZW S4 for work almost two weeks ago. Based on its reception... I'm likely skipping the S4 for personal use. There are too many places with "bars" but data on the S4 doesn't work. dropped calls, and other reception issues, all in places my Thunderbolt, Bionic, iPhone 5, and Lumia 928 have no issues.

If I see a firmware update which improves reception, I'll revisit, but for now I think my sights are set on the VZW HTC One. (I also like the ONE has the volume rocker on the right side of the phone, which is a better placement for my hand when holding it while on phone calls.)

I'm gonna be watching for the One as well. I'll probably pick that one up too, but will wait until some reviews come in.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in Pittsburgh yesterday and wandered into the AT&T store with a friend. That did NOT make me feel any better about Verizon's slowness here. I asked if they had the Galaxy S4 in 32GB and the guy said "Of course!" What about the HTC One, do you have that in 64GB? "Yes! and in BLACK."

Dammit....the One in black looks really cool but not sure I can adjust to no 'menu' key.....just made me more frustrated playing with phones I WOULD buy when VZW when my carrier doesn't have any that I can accept. If I didn't have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 4G/LTE tablet that I love, I'd drop Verizon over this non-competitive nonsense.

Did htc ever solve the problem of sporadic response. from capacitive keys?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I tend to read that complaint about sammy again and again then I ask sammy owners and they claim its fine. I wish we had scientific data on this.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What breaks my heart is the full price of phones never goes on sale at vzw. I'd settle for a 16 gb gs4 if I could get a bargain. They wont drop the full price a penny so I might as well pay the extra for 32 gb. I'm also intrigued aby the gs4 active but sounds like thats never gonna happen at vzw.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I tend to read that complaint about sammy again and again then I ask sammy owners and they claim its fine. I wish we had scientific data on this.

considering all the phone's I've had going back to feature phones on my personal lines, and all the phones I've had for work... the only good Samsung I had was the old Samsung SCH-U620 back in 2007. The rest of them have had horrible reception.

As for scientific data, I used to have a walk at work that did a good test of voice calls when walking from my desk to the parking garage. My Moto's didn't drop calls (true for every model I had at that time), my Blackberries (again, same for all the models I had) didn't drop either. Of my LG's, only my chocolate dropped, the enV and Voyager held but went silent for about 20 seconds, my Samsungs ALL Dropped. Too bad I'm not at that customer site now or I'd try the same walk. But I did post RSSP values of my Bionic compared to S4 sitting next to each other when at home. Since my S3 is T-Mobile, I can't compare its radio to the S4, and my Bionic is my newest personal Android phone. Of my work phones from Verizon, only my S4 is Android, so I can't get the signal values as easily or via the same app to make sure it is being reported consistently.

If all I didn't have all these phones, from different makers, and all I had was Samsung, I probably wouldn't notice any difference and think the Sammy's were fine. My father in-law just switched from a Razr Maxx to a Note 2, and he noticed a difference in reception.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What breaks my heart is the full price of phones never goes on sale at vzw. I'd settle for a 16 gb gs4 if I could get a bargain. They wont drop the full price a penny so I might as well pay the extra for 32 gb. I'm also intrigued aby the gs4 active but sounds like thats never gonna happen at vzw.

There is only a fifty buck difference in full prices between the 16gb and the 32gb. A no brainer to me. :D

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been browsing the galaxy s4 threads for awhile and this is my first post, as you can see.

So I've been all set to get the 16gb s4 but then the 32gb came out and I've been debating on getting it instead. I have the thunderbolt right now and and I haven't exceeded the internal storage limit with the apps I have, mostly social media things. I don't really play games. I also haven't put any apps on my micro sd card, just pictures and some ringtones. I still have 1.8 GB internal free.

I've just been reading posts about how the 16gb doesn't have enough storage because when you get it you have around 9gb after all the bloatware. I also planned on using the nova launcher when I get the phone but I don't think that will use a lot of storage.

My gut says the 16gig, even after all the bloatware, will still be enough for me. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance of do I really need 32gb. Haha.

Thanks in advance. :)