Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you're a power user, like me, and you keep more stuff on internal memory, like nandroid backups, ROMs to flash, Google play movies, and all that jazz, I'd say 32GB.
If you're just going to run stock, download a few widgets, run one or two games, don't use Google play music or video, and are just an average smartphone user, 16GB will do you fine.

I just don't like SD cards. I've had pictures disappear, videos unable to play. This was a couple years ago, on a Casio Commando which was already outdated by the time it came out, so I'm sure the technology is better now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
16gb may be enough for you, but remember that unlike your thunderbolt, you can not presently move apps to SD card on these phones. For me, I don't want to worry about capacity for any app I want to have on my device.
There are other things that can use internal storage like large games and apps that default to writing their data to the sdcard versus the extsdcard. For me a $50 downed seems like an easy choice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm not a power user. I just plan on doing some customization with a launcher and pretty much using the same apps I have now. No movies or music.
I don't have any apps on my sd card currently so that's not a problem.
But yeah, like you said it's only a $50 difference which I guess isn't a lot but I'm splitting the cost with my parents so I'll think about it.
Thank you both for your input. :)

MOliva

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Website now saying the 32GB will ship on 7/5 and the price is $249

Down $50 from what it was yesterday and and shipping 2 days later

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
....So I've been all set to get the 16gb s4 but then the 32gb came out and I've been debating on getting it instead. I have the thunderbolt right now and and I haven't exceeded the internal storage limit with the apps I have, mostly social media things. I don't really play games. I also haven't put any apps on my micro sd card, just pictures and some ringtones. I still have 1.8 GB internal free.
Use a file manager, or connect your Thunderbolt to your PC in USB Mass Storage mode, and look at your MicroSD.

The following folders were put on my Thunderbolt's MicroSD by the OS and apps... .android_secure, .bookmark_thumb1, .dataviz, .footprints, .giq, android, and MORE... including data for some other apps like Rhapsody, my Gameloft games, Slacker. All of that will end up in the S4's memory.

So if you're sure that what you have on there wont max out the S4's memory, you are sure you'll never need the built in memory down the road (at some point in your next two years locked into the phone), and you want to save a few $$, then go with the 16 gig. Otherwise, getting the 32gig now could be the better choice. (for me, the 32gig is needed)

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone that has ordered received a confirmation email yet? I ordered first thing Monday morning (before 9AM eastern) and have not gotten one yet. I have called customer service and they given me the order number and confirmation number, but it does not show anything when I do order status at Verizonwireless.com. Just want to make sure I am fully processed and the order is ready to ship. My Spigen cases and SD card from Amazon will be here tomorrow.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
No confirmation here either and I ordered Sunday afternoon eastern time. Please Verizon, don't screw this up after you made us wait for it.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I checked in the "Documents and Receipts" section in My Verizon Online. The receipt for the screen protectors and case I bought in the store Sunday 6/30 is there, but there is no receipt or purchase record for me placing my order online for the SGS4 32 GB on Sunday 6/30. So I called to check and the CSR went on hold for a while and came back and told me my order is processing still and once it ships I will get a notice and tracking number. I asked if the order has billed to my credit card and she said all the terms and conditions were accepted and that my purchase is complete.
I pressed the point and asked "You know...when I ordered online the webpage said 'SHIP *BY* JULY 3rd, are we still OK on that because to me that would mean it ships TODAY so that it ships *BY* July 3rd right??"
She said, "Oh no. If it's 'ship BY July 3rd' then it will probably ship ON July 3rd so that it ships '*BY* July 3rd'. :confused: Oh...and sir...if there's a delay because of the holiday or because of any backorder [yikes] on the phones, we'll be sure and let you know that."

I did get a reference number from her even if no receipt can be had yet.....we shall see. My screen protectors and shell/holster combo case with kickstand will probably be joined by my external battery charger and spare battery from the Android Central Store before I get the phone. Oh well...at least I didn't fall for buying the 16GB version and I guess I'll have a fully charged spare battery to slap in when I get my phone.
Let's see...if it ships 2 DAY on 7/3, Friday 7/5 will be the first day it travels and then 7/6 will be a Saturday so I guess I am looking at Monday 7/8, a full (8) days after ordering it partly due to the 4th.
Keep us posted and let us all know what you find out about your own orders...Oh by the way, the SMS texted me my Confirmation Number when I was on the phone with her.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Called again tonight and CSR said your order isn't 'processing' any more so it may have shipped and be en route to you. She then asked me to hold and went to check. She came back and said, "Your phone has shipped, but I can't see any tracking number." She went on to say that she expects me to receive it tomorrow (kind of doubtful since I understood they do two day shipping but we'll see.)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Called again tonight and CSR said your order isn't 'processing' any more so it may have shipped and be en route to you. She then asked me to hold and went to check. She came back and said, "Your phone has shipped, but I can't see any tracking number." She went on to say that she expects me to receive it tomorrow (kind of doubtful since I understood they do two day shipping but we'll see.)

Weird you didn't get a tracking number but stranger things have happened. Maybe you'll get an email soon.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the build of the One, but the fixed battery, no sd slot and fixed navigation bar kill it for me. Especially the fixed navigation bar. It functionally makes the device have literally a 4.3" display for apps. Big difference from the 5" S4 at same footprint.

I do not root anymore, since can not be bothered with all the tinkering anymore. I just want the device I'm paying over $700 to just freakin' work well, with no tinkering needed.

That said, if the One has a micro slot and no fixed nav bar, I would buy a 32 or 64 model. Prefer the 64, but seems doubtful Verizon would offer that.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have my complaints about the S 4 for sure but fitting a 5 inch screen into that size phone isn't one of them. In fact its a major factor. That navigation bar is a pain on the HTC One.

I like the build of the One, but the fixed battery, no sd slot and fixed navigation bar kill it for me. Especially the fixed navigation bar. It functionally makes the device have literally a 4.3" display for apps. Big difference from the 5" S4 at same footprint.

I do not root anymore, since can not be bothered with all the tinkering anymore. I just want the device I'm paying over $700 to just freakin' work well, with no tinkering needed.

That said, if the One has a micro slot and no fixed nav bar, I would buy a 32 or 64 model. Prefer the 64, but seems doubtful Verizon would offer that.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that has ordered received a confirmation email yet? I ordered first thing Monday morning (before 9AM eastern) and have not gotten one yet. I have called customer service and they given me the order number and confirmation number, but it does not show anything when I do order status at Verizonwireless.com. Just want to make sure I am fully processed and the order is ready to ship. My Spigen cases and SD card from Amazon will be here tomorrow.

This morning I upgraded our two Droid Charge phones to two black S4 32Gb and received confirmation emails. (System wouldn't upgrade both shared phones together so I upgraded separately) Expected shipping date is July 8th. Will have the mail-in rebate offers of $50 for each phone. No biggie; I'm an old hand with rebate offers. Expected delivery is the 10th via FedEx. Its going to be a L-O-N-G week wait ... haha.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There is only a fifty buck difference in full prices between the 16gb and the 32gb. A no brainer to me. :D

If I were positive I was never going to root I would go for the 16 but I find I use up a lot more rom when I root. Of course I will back up everything on sd card anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

windycityrider

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order yesterday (3:30pm) in the afternoon. Person on the phone said it would ship Fed-Ex (free of charge) and be here at my home by 7pm on Friday evening, signature required.
I was rather surprised, and confused, being that I saw the ship by July 8th date on their website. I don't expect it by Friday but I'll definitely be happy if it does show up by then.
I just received an email from Verizon saying that my order has finished processing and that I would receive a email once unit has shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Either way, I am just happy to be FINALLY upgrading from my original Droid X of 2+ years. I'm also happy to be getting the 32gb version and the $50 rebate offer. I also managed to get the $30 upgrade fee "waived" to a certain degree, so I'm about as happy as I can be. Happy 4th of July to you all.

pbowen0325

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my 32gb s4 on Saturday June 30th. Ive called, chatted, emailed and to no avail have no information other than my preorder confirmation number that still says expected ship date 7/3. The problem is that it didnt ship today, nor does my bank have anything from Verizon but a 0 dollar pending charge. I really wish I knew someone to call who could give more information. If any of you have actually seen your phone get sent out let me know. Whats really aggravating is one rep said, it shipped and was delivered, I said no thats the accessories, then goes away and comes back and said that it would be here on the 5th, AND SHIP THE 5th. Seriously doubt that it will leave and arrive same day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance