perhaps good news for vzw gs4 preorders?

sox08

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
mine changed as well also the pre order page has been changed to reflect the 5/23 date and not 5/30. how many others will do what im prepared to do? if my phone doesn't ship by 5/21 that nite for the 2day shipping {cause theres no overnite on a preorder} I will mostly definitely cancel the preorder and buy in store that Thursday. considering im paying full retail anyway if I buy in store I can least pay half now and break up the rest with their new full retail payment plan. im on an individual nationwide 450 with unlimited would it be cheaper to add the ghost line and buy the phone? if the phone has a 350 etf fee and it costs 199 to buy why are full retail peeps still paying 100 more??

infamous38

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I talked to Verizon and they told me that etf cancels your whole account, so you lose everything. including your phone number, they also told me i wouldn't be able to get back my number unless i switched to a different carrier. Their words not mine.

sox08

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
wow really? so theres no way to get promo price when on an individual line? they have really closed everything haha

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I talked to Verizon and they told me that etf cancels your whole account, so you lose everything. including your phone number, they also told me i wouldn't be able to get back my number unless i switched to a different carrier. Their words not mine.

That is correct. When you do the ETF, your account is closed and the number is held in abeyance for 59 days. If you port to another carrier, you can keep the number. Once you terminate, you loose whatever grandfathered plan (if you have one) you were using. After the 59 days, the number is available for re-use.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon reps don't know much. I chatted with a rep and he said that preorders will be delivered after the 23rd which i suspected but he said that the S4 will be available in stores on the 30th. I guess he didn't read the tweet from Verizon lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

XavierMatt

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. When you do the ETF, your account is closed and the number is held in abeyance for 59 days. If you port to another carrier, you can keep the number. Once you terminate, you loose whatever grandfathered plan (if you have one) you were using. After the 59 days, the number is available for re-use.

VZW is the worse of all the carriers with their ETF.

HTC ONE ~ Android Central App

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Target and it says they will begin shipping orders on the Verizon Wireless official launch date.

Oh yea, now that I look at Newegg it says the same thing (it's Simplexity too). I'm glad it's next business day shipping by FedEx, as I leave out of town on the 25th and was worried I'd miss the FedEx guy.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
mine changed as well also the pre order page has been changed to reflect the 5/23 date and not 5/30. how many others will do what im prepared to do? if my phone doesn't ship by 5/21 that nite for the 2day shipping {cause theres no overnite on a preorder} I will mostly definitely cancel the preorder and buy in store that Thursday. considering im paying full retail anyway if I buy in store I can least pay half now and break up the rest with their new full retail payment plan. im on an individual nationwide 450 with unlimited would it be cheaper to add the ghost line and buy the phone? if the phone has a 350 etf fee and it costs 199 to buy why are full retail peeps still paying 100 more??

I'll do the same. I didn't preorder to have to wait, plus if it's two day shipping, I probably wouldn't get it until Monday. They got until the 21st to ship mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If I could get the discount at AT&T that my employer has with Verizon, I'd be gone - IF Verizon forgoes the 32gb.
I literally switched to Verizon a few days ago for this very reason. my company uses Verizon, so I get a reasonable discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy