Preorders could potentially be delayed

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I was speaking with a VZW rep today - asking for more info on S4 preorders, when they would be arriving, etc.

She said that the date is the 30th for preorders, unless they receive a large number of orders. Depending on stock, if there is a huge surge of preorders, your phone delivery could be delayed for an unknown period of time.

She said each store is getting a set amount if S4's to sell. I'm probably gonna just show up to my local store prior to opening on release day, rather than possibly having to wait a week or longer past May 30th for a delivery.

Thoughts?

-mcskipp

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was speaking with a VZW rep today - asking for more info on S4 preorders, when they would be arriving, etc.

She said that the date is the 30th for preorders, unless they receive a large number of orders. Depending on stock, if there is a huge surge of preorders, your phone delivery could be delayed for an unknown period of time.

She said each store is getting a set amount if S4's to sell. I'm probably gonna just show up to my local store prior to opening on release day, rather than possibly having to wait a week or longer past May 30th for a delivery.

Thoughts?

-mcskipp

Take anything a rep says with a grain of salt.....she has no idea how many S4 Verizon has on tap.

I have never pre-ordered a device - I go into the store on release day and bam.....good to go.

dmaynard83

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have preordered 2 phones in the last couple years and Verizon is very good about delivering the item the day of release of the said phone.

When I got each iPhone my phone would come in at noon while tons of people waiting in line.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dvniel

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

-mcskipp

Isn't that the case with all preorders? When they run out of the first batch, the preorders after would of course be delayed.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like pure speculation on the rep's part, i.e. nothing to worry about. Most Verizon reps only know as much as the customer does anyways.

At least I won't be worried until the date on my pre-order status is pushed back from May 30th.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mobile sales rep Jibber Jabber!!!

Most just spread rumors and don't have a clue on what is really going on... they just want to keep the customer happy... that is their job... but most are not really good at their job, which should really be to know what they are talking about.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
One observation: sales reps work on commission. If you preorder, they just lost a sale.

As such, I wouldn't trust anything they said about preorders.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If you Preordered it online and the ship date is the 30th, That is when you are getting it. Verizon doesn't give dates unless they are confident in that date.

Posted via Android Central App

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you Preordered it online and the ship date is the 30th, That is when you are getting it. Verizon doesn't give dates unless they are confident in that date.

Boohoo i was hoping for a few days earlier lol. Oh well C'est la vie

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Boohoo i was hoping for a few days earlier lol. Oh well C'est la vie

This could happen, Verizon is promising on or before the 30th. You would have had to preorder it the day they started it for you to have that chance though.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This could happen, Verizon is promising on or before the 30th. You would have had to preorder it the day they started it for you to have that chance though.

Well you just gave me hope my friend lol. I was sure it would be released the 30th and i would get it by june 1st or 2nd. I did order it on the 25th when they started the pre order :D so hooty hoot :thumbup: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech