To those who have the S4:

I am considering getting the S4 when I am eligible. I currently have the Stratosphere. It has a Wi Fi problem that I wish to avoid in a future Samsung phone. Basically it scans but does not connect to any number of Wi Fi points available, but instead resumes scanning unless I turn off Wi Fi and turn it back on. Then it will finally connect . Even if I pick one and ask it to connect it will try, then revert back to scanning. This occurs even at home where the router is about 5 feet away. My wife's HTC Windows phone connects automatically, every time, anywhere. If I forget to connect the Stratosphere by cycling the Wi Fi off then back on, I find that I'm adding to my 3g usage since it is using that instead. I have to remember to turn off 3G data as well while I am home overnight. (I have 2 routers of separate brands so I have eliminated the router as the problem, plus it occurs at other locations as well.)

I am hoping that the newer Samsung phones do not have this problem and would appreciate knowing if anyone with an S4 has experienced anything like this...

Thanks,
    Ben
    05-10-2013 04:02 PM
    Sorry to hear about your problems with that phone, but this is NOT that forum.

I'm not a fan of people trying to scare others when there is no foundation. It sounds like your issue was isolate to your device and you should have gotten it replaced.
    Elhefe19d likes this.
    05-10-2013 06:51 PM
    I am certainly not trying to "scare" anyone. The problem I described has been reported by many on various forums. My question was merely to find out whether later model Samsuing phones, especially the S4 (in which forum I believe I am in, and which model I plan to purchase) exhibited similar tendencies.
    Apparently your phone doesn't. Thank you for the answer.

Sorry to hear about your problems with that phone, but this is NOT that forum.

I'm not a fan of people trying to scare others when there is no foundation. It sounds like your issue was isolate to your device and you should have gotten it replaced.
    05-11-2013 11:03 PM
    No problems with my note 2 the range is redic compared to every other phone I've used

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 12:23 AM
    I am certainly not trying to "scare" anyone. The problem I described has been reported by many on various forums. My question was merely to find out whether later model Samsuing phones, especially the S4 (in which forum I believe I am in, and which model I plan to purchase) exhibited similar tendencies.
    Apparently your phone doesn't. Thank you for the answer.
    So you actually had a question in your first post... I guess I missed that. But I'm sure you must have been check and posting this same thing in the all Samsumg device forum since you device... correct??? At least in the S3 forum???
    05-12-2013 09:34 AM
    I see that I did make a typo which I have corrected, however my statement which now reads: "I am hoping that the newer Samsung phones do not have this problem and would appreciate knowing if anyone with an S4 has experienced anything like this..." would be the question, since it solicits information not unlike it would had I placed a question mark at the end.
    As to your other statement, no, here is the only forum in which it was posted, since my first statement: "I am considering getting the S4 when I am eligible." would obviate the need to post it elsewhere.

Since I have received a number of replies sufficient to answer the question, there is now no need to further continue the discussion. Thanks to those who responded; I can now feel secure in the knowledge that the future purchase of an S4 will be worthwhile.

So you actually had a question in your first post... I guess I missed that. But I'm sure you must have been check and posting this same thing in the all Samsumg device forum since you device... correct??? At least in the S3 forum???
    05-12-2013 01:14 PM
    To those who have the S4:

I am considering getting the S4 when I am eligible. I currently have the Stratosphere. It has a Wi Fi problem that I wish to avoid in a future Samsung phone. Basically it scans but does not connect to any number of Wi Fi points available, but instead resumes scanning unless I turn off Wi Fi and turn it back on. Then it will finally connect . Even if I pick one and ask it to connect it will try, then revert back to scanning. This occurs even at home where the router is about 5 feet away. My wife's HTC Windows phone connects automatically, every time, anywhere. If I forget to connect the Stratosphere by cycling the Wi Fi off then back on, I find that I'm adding to my 3g usage since it is using that instead. I have to remember to turn off 3G data as well while I am home overnight. (I have 2 routers of separate brands so I have eliminated the router as the problem, plus it occurs at other locations as well.)

I am hoping that the newer Samsung phones do not have this problem and would appreciate knowing if anyone with an S4 has experienced anything like this...

Thanks,
    Ben
    My S3 connects with my home router automatic and I usually take it off the router and put it back on 4G as I have unlimited data and 4G is faster than the 3Mb home internet service I get from the local phone company through a copper fed remote terminal. 3Mb is as good as our landlines get in this area cause the local phone company won't spend the money to put in the fiber required for faster DSL. Cable service is not available. The S3 will scan and find and notify me when I am in other locations of the wifi available and I just click on the one I want and it will connect or come back and ask for a password if the wifi need one and the next time I get near that wifi it will connect automatic unless I tell it to forget that wifi. If I did not have unlimited it looks like it would work great as designed to save data charges
    05-16-2013 10:40 PM
    http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-acknowl...em-7000015431/

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 03:51 AM