06-07-2013 08:55 AM
118 1234 ...
tools
    I have a 64GB card, it's not necessary for 32gb version.

Posted via Android Central App
    But, you can't put apps on the card. Okay for some users, but a lot of peeps who are gamers want more internal memory for apps.
    05-13-2013 11:21 AM
    Not only, as others point out, can one NOT install Apps on the Micro SD Card, but as further operating system updates come out of Google and through Verizon, who knows how big they will be....1GB bigger...2GB bigger...less and less app storage that way. I am thinking 32GB model or wait for other technology or jump carriers.

I have a 64GB card, it's not necessary for 32gb version.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-15-2013 07:26 AM
    There are apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card. I have it installed on my S3
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-15-2013 07:11 PM
    There are apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card. I have it installed on my S3
    Could you sight your source on this @KSevek...as far as I know, on can NOT move Apps to the Micro SD card in an UNrooted SGS3....for example you can;t use APP2SD which I used on my Bionic.

So what "....apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card...." are you talking about and could y ou provide links to the Play store??
    05-15-2013 09:13 PM
    I'll be ok with a 16 gb and a 64gb sd card. 9 gb of available storage is plenty for all my apps. I don't need 15 large games on my phone I can only play 1 at a time anyway. If I want more I can always delete games and such. I don't need to store everything like a squirrel. I can understand why some need a larger storage device. Everyone is different. If it was available I would buy the 32 gb as well just because. But it's not... Atleast yet so I will just get the 16 gb and I should be fine.

I have a 32 gb iPhone 5 with every app I need along with photos videos and music and I still have 18 gb left. I will be able to store music photos and videos on the sd card so the 9 or so gb available will do me well.
    KSevek likes this.
    05-15-2013 10:16 PM
    I'm caving in and going to order the 16GB tomorrow. If the 32GB rears it's ugly head, I'll either return or sell the 16GB and purchase the 32GB.
    05-15-2013 11:30 PM
    05-16-2013 09:55 AM
    Honestly, what will I do if Verizon does not offer a 32GB version? Find a new carrier. My early upgrade has passed already and I did not use it because I was waiting on the HTC One. Then I find out upon announcement that it won't be released on Verizon, yes I have heard the rumors too but I won't believe those until there is an official announcement. Then Samsung hype starts with there new S4 and I decided to wait for there releases. Several weeks later I am still waiting for Verizon to get there proverbial heads out of their ... and just release the phone, now there is no word on a 32GB or 64GB version for Verizon.

And before someone says, just get the 16 GB version...... I..... DO.... NOT... WANT.... THE.... 16GB.... VERSION!!!!

So that being said, when my contract with Verizon is up and if 32GB or 64GB is still not out for them. I will take my money elsewhere, more than likely ATT.

Whiney Rant Session Over..... :-)

Anyways, I think they will someday. Economically speaking it is just dumb not too.
    General Tso likes this.
    05-16-2013 10:47 AM
    Honestly, what will I do if Verizon does not offer a 32GB version? Find a new carrier. My early upgrade has passed already and I did not use it because I was waiting on the HTC One. Then I find out upon announcement that it won't be released on Verizon, yes I have heard the rumors too but I won't believe those until there is an official announcement. Then Samsung hype starts with there new S4 and I decided to wait for there releases. Several weeks later I am still waiting for Verizon to get there proverbial heads out of their ... and just release the phone, now there is no word on a 32GB or 64GB version for Verizon.

And before someone says, just get the 16 GB version...... I..... DO.... NOT... WANT.... THE.... 16GB.... VERSION!!!!

So that being said, when my contract with Verizon is up and if 32GB or 64GB is still not out for them. I will take my money elsewhere, more than likely ATT.

Whiney Rant Session Over..... :-)

Anyways, I think they will someday. Economically speaking it is just dumb not too.
    I am with you on this one. Yesterday I was hoping for a Verizon Nexus 4 announcement - nothing - and GSM gets the Galaxy S4 Google edition (not that I would pay that amount for it and it is only 16GB).

Now next Wednesday is the Verizon announcement at CTIA - lots of stuff pointing towards it being the HTC One, DNA Plus, DNA2, or maybe they will call it the HTC Droid One on Verizon and give it the black/red look of the DNA. I would be okay with that. If that does not happen I will wait until I have an upgrade the next week and if the 32GB Galaxy S4 is not out I am bringing my lines over to AT&T probably for the HTC One.
    05-16-2013 11:31 AM
    Could you sight your source on this @KSevek...as far as I know, on can NOT move Apps to the Micro SD card in an UNrooted SGS3....for example you can;t use APP2SD which I used on my Bionic.

So what "....apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card...." are you talking about and could y ou provide links to the Play store??
    Sorry, I didn't see this until now.
    I had to look at my S3 to see what it was.
    It's called AppMgrIII, and not every app can be moved, but some can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 06:43 PM
    Sorry, I didn't see this until now.
    I had to look at my S3 to see what it was.
    It's called AppMgrIII, and not every app can be moved, but some can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    NOPE!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p2sd.pro&hl=en

Note:
    * Move apps function may not work on your device as manufacture removes the function of moving apps to SD from Android system (not support: S3-S4, S DUOS, Note2, Tab 2, L5-L9, OneX, 7-10" tablet)
    05-17-2013 08:33 PM
    Exactly.....does not support Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4.....
    05-17-2013 11:14 PM
    Actually it's only 2gb of memory, but 16 if storage with around 9 left.

I'd edit that before sending

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    He meant how much ROM it takes up not the ram.
    05-18-2013 12:14 AM
    I would get the 16gb model. For what I do I won't come close to using all the space and have the SD card for pictures and that. Not to mention not really a fan of HTC devices( have had too many bad experiences with them) Plus I am hoping samsung lightens up TW like they said they are looking into so that it will free up more space.
    05-18-2013 12:17 AM
    This is just an observation. I was on the Verizon site looking at their current smartphone offerings and noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the only phone where they listed how much storage (16GB) it came with. It may mean nothing or it could imply they plan to add another offering with greater than 16GB storage.
    05-18-2013 02:10 PM
    There have been reports of no 32gb GS4 from Verizon....google to find them.

Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Goes on Sale at AT&T
    "Other carriers are not yet offering the Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB model. Verizon stated that it will not carry the 32GB Galaxy S4 model. T-Mobile and Sprint are silent on the matter, which leaves some hope. U.S. Cellular isnt ruling it out, but has yet to confirm that it will offer a 32GB Galaxy S4."

So, IF on May 30th there is no 32gb GS4......
    What will you do?

I understand many are "waiting" "hoping" for a 32gb version, since they believe it will be more "useful" in the long run.
    I myself can and will be fine with the 16gb model as I won't have any large games, apps, etc. Music, photos on my 64gb micro SD card is fine.

What about YOU?

Well after much thought, I decided to go with the ATT 32gb model. Added the Samsung Tablet 2 - 10.1 and along with the S4, I am done!
    Good luck with Verizon folks.
    05-18-2013 02:37 PM
    Well after much thought, I decided to go with the ATT 32gb model. Added the Samsung Tablet 10 and along with the S4, I am done!
    Good luck with Verizon folks.
    May 29 is my VZW upgrade eligibility date. If Verizon does not have a 32GB Galaxy S4 or the HTC One I am jumping ship back to AT&T to get the HTC One. I already have a bunch of lines on AT&T and my overall bill would go down. Makes even more sense if AT&T still has the $100 off with trade in. Could do my old Droid X and then sell my iPhone 4S on Gazelle for $150+.
    05-18-2013 02:45 PM
    I'm sure the 32gb s3 didn't sell well because they didn't promote it.

I have never sold a single one.

I never saw it in Walmart

Never saw it on display

They set it up to fail

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Not really, they always put the lowest storage model on display because for display you don't need all the extra storage. Unless the phone only has one storage option go look it will always be the smallest version. They don't put 32/64gb iphones as display models.
    05-18-2013 10:21 PM
    Order the16GB is what I did. If the 32GB ever comes out, I'll have to purchase one of them also.
    05-18-2013 11:10 PM
    This is just an observation. I was on the Verizon site looking at their current smartphone offerings and noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the only phone where they listed how much storage (16GB) it came with. It may mean nothing or it could imply they plan to add another offering with greater than 16GB storage.
    I had the same thought. I think they will come out with the 32GB version but it won't happen anytime soon. AT&T didn't release the 32GB until three weeks after the 16GB came out. I figure Verizon would wait AT LEAST that long too, probably longer. My guess is the 32GB on VZ won't be announced/released until at least June 20!
    05-20-2013 11:50 AM
    Just install an sdcard....
    KSevek likes this.
    05-20-2013 11:52 AM
    I will wait for it too....it's kind of a relief to sit out until we know more actually.
    05-20-2013 01:25 PM
    I had the same thought. I think they will come out with the 32GB version but it won't happen anytime soon. AT&T didn't release the 32GB until three weeks after the 16GB came out. I figure Verizon would wait AT LEAST that long too, probably longer. My guess is the 32GB on VZ won't be announced/released until at least June 20!
    As long as they get it - I will wait.
    bfaillini likes this.
    05-20-2013 01:40 PM
    As much as I want this phone, I will only purchase it if they come out with a 32GB version, if not, I may pass. If they do even offer it, we won't hear anything until after the return period of the 16GB has passed for all those who chose to purchase the 16GB within the first few days of release so they can't be returned. This could also be the reason for the rebate. Do not cut the UPC code for the rebate until after the window of opportunity for returns has passed.
    05-20-2013 08:53 PM
    Verizon is not getting the HTC One.
    You know this how...
    05-22-2013 12:19 AM
118 1234 ...