06-07-2013 07:55 AM
118 12345
tools
    I got mine today, there is not a big difference between this one and my S3. Except the S3 is on Sprint with crappie service and the S4 is on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-2013 02:03 PM
    And with VZW "IMPORTANT" announcement.... for Latinos, I think I will be taking my business elsewhere.
    God this company has become a running joke....
    General Tso likes this.
    05-22-2013 03:28 PM
    SD cards are slow and unreliable. You have to root to install an app on them. Google wants nothing to do with sd cards...that should tell you something.
    I would hope Verizon comes out with a 32 GB version but they would prefer you use as much data as possible.
    General Tso likes this.
    05-23-2013 08:26 AM
    For those that said the store rep said Verizon will be sellig he 32GB verision they were wrong
    05-23-2013 10:26 AM
    For those that said the store rep said Verizon will be sellig he 32GB verision they were wrong
    And you thought they were right?
    General Tso likes this.
    05-23-2013 10:27 AM
    Nope just clarifing that once again never trust a store rep
    General Tso likes this.
    05-23-2013 10:29 AM
    I just ordered the 16GB S4 for my wife. Really was hoping to see the 32GB available for purchase this morning but no dice. I can't wait any longer... if I do I might get an HTC Thunderbolt thrown at me
    05-23-2013 10:29 AM
    Just called 7 different Verizon stores and they only have the 16GB for sale.
    One Verizon counter monkey said, just add a 16GB SD card and it's the same as a 32GB model.
    S H I T, I'm going to have get me one of those special 16GB SD Cards.
    ibcop, LdotAdot13, bobl2 and 1 others like this.
    05-23-2013 10:36 AM
    Just called 7 different Verizon stores and they only have the 16GB for sale.
    One Verizon counter monkey said, just add a 16GB SD card and it's the same as a 32GB model.
    S H I T, I'm going to have get me one of those special 16GB SD Cards.
    Damn....you said counter monkey.......hahahaha!
    05-23-2013 10:37 AM
    I have the 32GB SG3, and honestly- it does matter. While I still have 10GB free, it also means I have never had to juggle or hassle with apps or anything else.
    05-23-2013 10:43 AM
    I have the 32GB SG3, and honestly- it does matter. While I still have 10GB free, it also means I have never had to juggle or hassle with apps or anything else.
    I feel ya....I have the 32gb S3 as well and don't want to deal with the 9gb (end user) version.
    05-23-2013 10:45 AM
    Damn....you said counter monkey.......hahahaha!
    More then once, I can't believe that they even hire these morons.
    After putting just a few apps on the 16GB S4 there is only about 8.5 GB of space left.
    05-23-2013 10:49 AM
    More then once, I can't believe that they even hire these morons.
    After putting just a few apps on the 16GB S4 there is only about 8.5 GB space left.
    I'm holding steady.....I want the 32gb!
    05-23-2013 10:49 AM
    Just install an sdcard....
    Doesn't help without the ability to move apps to you're sd.

sent from CletuS the almighty S3
    05-23-2013 10:51 AM
    So I just got a call from Verizon Coprorate in response to the email I sent them about all these mixed messages we're hearing about 32gb versions... Bad news. The nice gal on the phone told me that the only way they'll be carrying the 32gb version is if they get slammed with requests for it, and even then it won't be for another month or two at the bare minimum. And it sounded like the "month or two" was if we were all gathered outside Verizon HQ with torches and pitchforks.

I'm chained to Verizon on a family plan, so it looks like I won't be getting my first smartphone after all.
    05-23-2013 01:53 PM
    A demonstration outside VZW could be tough to organize. But if 50 contact corporate that's better than zero. It only takes a few minutes to send the email from the VZW leadership page.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-23-2013 02:03 PM
    So I just got a call from Verizon Coprorate in response to the email I sent them about all these mixed messages we're hearing about 32gb versions... Bad news. The nice gal on the phone told me that the only way they'll be carrying the 32gb version is if they get slammed with requests for it, and even then it won't be for another month or two at the bare minimum. And it sounded like the "month or two" was if we were all gathered outside Verizon HQ with torches and pitchforks.

I'm chained to Verizon on a family plan, so it looks like I won't be getting my first smartphone after all.
    And who was this gal that called you?
    05-23-2013 03:42 PM
    I forget her name, I didn't see any need to remember it at the time.

But by all means, please contact them yourself, the more people that do, the better chances we have of getting the 32gb version.
    05-23-2013 03:47 PM
    A rep told me the stock response for ANY question about the S4 storage, or 32GB models = "We do not have any details on a 32GB model, but you can add up to 64GB more storage with a micro sd card". They are playing a semantics game to mislead customers, but some slip up and specifically mention installing apps to the sd card. That is NOT in their script and they are supposed to as general as possible by following the script. This is essentially a corporate sanctioned lie, since they DO no better, but chose not to stock a 32GB version and mislead customers about the 16GB model.
    05-23-2013 04:03 PM
    I forget her name, I didn't see any need to remember it at the time.

But by all means, please contact them yourself, the more people that do, the better chances we have of getting the 32gb version.
    I'm simply surprised you received a call.
    pwscott likes this.
    05-23-2013 04:11 PM
    I'm simply surprised you received a call.
    I've contacted Verizon Corporate a few times. Lately, I don't answer when they call. They keep calling everyday for two or three days. Then I get a system message (SMS) asking me to call the corporate rep. When I don't answer, I get an email. They are very persistent when you contact corporate with a question or comment.
    05-24-2013 09:55 PM
    I received this email from Verizon today -

To:
    Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
    Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami
    ibcop likes this.
    05-28-2013 11:40 AM

To:

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami
    I sent off a note to her yesterday. Hopefully I will get a similar response and post it here if/when I do.
    05-28-2013 12:03 PM

To:

Mr. XXXXXX

Appreciate your patience

Tami
    That's what the hell I'm talking about!!!
    05-28-2013 12:15 PM
    I picked up the 16G model and just threw the 32G SD card from my old phone into it. All my music videos and such were already there, so I didn't much care about the exact size of the phones storage. I was already depending on the SD card for the majority of my storage, The 16G on the phone is just a bonus for me. When looking at it from the angle of the SD card as my primary, the phones storage isn't as important.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't like the larger internal storage; however, I've had screen and water damage issues with other phones, and it's always nice to just pull out the SD card and move on, never having to worry if the phone will fire up and let me get my data from it.
    05-28-2013 01:10 PM
118 12345