IF Verizon has no 32gb S4, what will you do?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Where and When??? I've never heard this one before... where and when was this statement??? Certainly you would not have heard this from a sales rep... they are liars.

Adam Mills at Gotta Be Mobile posted a story on April 26th where he guy claims he received first hand knowledge of Verizon passing on the 32/64gb models. He claims he has a source tell him this but after repeated requests, he will not elaborate on his "source" of how he was the only one to report this. I threw the bull s h i t flag.

Confirmed: Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB Isn't Coming

Pure rumor until I see if directly from Verizon.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Adam Mills at Gotta Be Mobile posted a story on April 26th where he guy claims he received first hand knowledge of Verizon passing on the 32/64gb models. He claims he has a source tell him this but after repeated requests, he will not elaborate on his "source" of how he was the only one to report this. I threw the bull s h i t flag.

Confirmed: Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB Isn't Coming

Pure rumor until I see if directly from Verizon.

I think they are trying to sell as MANY 16gb versions as they can before the release the 32gb..ATT already has the 32gb version..

Last edited:

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not only, as others point out, can one NOT install Apps on the Micro SD Card, but as further operating system updates come out of Google and through Verizon, who knows how big they will be....1GB bigger...2GB bigger...less and less app storage that way. I am thinking 32GB model or wait for other technology or jump carriers.

I have a 64GB card, it's not necessary for 32gb version.

Posted via Android Central App

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There are apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card. I have it installed on my S3

Could you sight your source on this @KSevek...as far as I know, on can NOT move Apps to the Micro SD card in an UNrooted SGS3....for example you can;t use APP2SD which I used on my Bionic.

So what "....apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card...." are you talking about and could y ou provide links to the Play store??

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'll be ok with a 16 gb and a 64gb sd card. 9 gb of available storage is plenty for all my apps. I don't need 15 large games on my phone I can only play 1 at a time anyway. If I want more I can always delete games and such. I don't need to store everything like a squirrel. I can understand why some need a larger storage device. Everyone is different. If it was available I would buy the 32 gb as well just because. But it's not... Atleast yet so I will just get the 16 gb and I should be fine.

I have a 32 gb iPhone 5 with every app I need along with photos videos and music and I still have 18 gb left. I will be able to store music photos and videos on the sd card so the 9 or so gb available will do me well.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm caving in and going to order the 16GB tomorrow. If the 32GB rears it's ugly head, I'll either return or sell the 16GB and purchase the 32GB.

SleepNSnooze

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, what will I do if Verizon does not offer a 32GB version? Find a new carrier. My early upgrade has passed already and I did not use it because I was waiting on the HTC One. Then I find out upon announcement that it won't be released on Verizon, yes I have heard the rumors too but I won't believe those until there is an official announcement. Then Samsung hype starts with there new S4 and I decided to wait for there releases. Several weeks later I am still waiting for Verizon to get there proverbial heads out of their ... and just release the phone, now there is no word on a 32GB or 64GB version for Verizon.

And before someone says, just get the 16 GB version...... I..... DO.... NOT... WANT.... THE.... 16GB.... VERSION!!!!

So that being said, when my contract with Verizon is up and if 32GB or 64GB is still not out for them. I will take my money elsewhere, more than likely ATT.

Whiney Rant Session Over..... :)

Anyways, I think they will someday. Economically speaking it is just dumb not too.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, what will I do if Verizon does not offer a 32GB version? Find a new carrier. My early upgrade has passed already and I did not use it because I was waiting on the HTC One. Then I find out upon announcement that it won't be released on Verizon, yes I have heard the rumors too but I won't believe those until there is an official announcement. Then Samsung hype starts with there new S4 and I decided to wait for there releases. Several weeks later I am still waiting for Verizon to get there proverbial heads out of their ... and just release the phone, now there is no word on a 32GB or 64GB version for Verizon.

And before someone says, just get the 16 GB version...... I..... DO.... NOT... WANT.... THE.... 16GB.... VERSION!!!!

So that being said, when my contract with Verizon is up and if 32GB or 64GB is still not out for them. I will take my money elsewhere, more than likely ATT.

Whiney Rant Session Over..... :)

Anyways, I think they will someday. Economically speaking it is just dumb not too.

I am with you on this one. Yesterday I was hoping for a Verizon Nexus 4 announcement - nothing - and GSM gets the Galaxy S4 Google edition (not that I would pay that amount for it and it is only 16GB).

Now next Wednesday is the Verizon announcement at CTIA - lots of stuff pointing towards it being the HTC One, DNA Plus, DNA2, or maybe they will call it the HTC Droid One on Verizon and give it the black/red look of the DNA. I would be okay with that. If that does not happen I will wait until I have an upgrade the next week and if the 32GB Galaxy S4 is not out I am bringing my lines over to AT&T probably for the HTC One.

KSevek

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Could you sight your source on this @KSevek...as far as I know, on can NOT move Apps to the Micro SD card in an UNrooted SGS3....for example you can;t use APP2SD which I used on my Bionic.

So what "....apps that "help" you move other apps to your sd card...." are you talking about and could y ou provide links to the Play store??

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.
I had to look at my S3 to see what it was.
It's called AppMgrIII, and not every app can be moved, but some can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't see this until now.
I had to look at my S3 to see what it was.
It's called AppMgrIII, and not every app can be moved, but some can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NOPE!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...a0soft.gphone.app2sd.pro&hl=en&token=rJfoSqN8

Note:
* Move apps function may not work on your device as manufacture removes the function of moving apps to SD from Android system (not support: S3-S4, S DUOS, Note2, Tab 2, L5-L9, OneX, 7-10" tablet)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would get the 16gb model. For what I do I won't come close to using all the space and have the SD card for pictures and that. Not to mention not really a fan of HTC devices( have had too many bad experiences with them) Plus I am hoping samsung lightens up TW like they said they are looking into so that it will free up more space.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This is just an observation. I was on the Verizon site looking at their current smartphone offerings and noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the only phone where they listed how much storage (16GB) it came with. It may mean nothing or it could imply they plan to add another offering with greater than 16GB storage.