IF Verizon has no 32gb S4, what will you do?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the 32GB SG3, and honestly- it does matter. While I still have 10GB free, it also means I have never had to juggle or hassle with apps or anything else.

I feel ya....I have the 32gb S3 as well and don't want to deal with the 9gb (end user) version.

Raiden333

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So I just got a call from Verizon Coprorate in response to the email I sent them about all these mixed messages we're hearing about 32gb versions... Bad news. The nice gal on the phone told me that the only way they'll be carrying the 32gb version is if they get slammed with requests for it, and even then it won't be for another month or two at the bare minimum. And it sounded like the "month or two" was if we were all gathered outside Verizon HQ with torches and pitchforks.

I'm chained to Verizon on a family plan, so it looks like I won't be getting my first smartphone after all.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
A demonstration outside VZW could be tough to organize. But if 50 contact corporate that's better than zero. It only takes a few minutes to send the email from the VZW leadership page.

Posted via Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just got a call from Verizon Coprorate in response to the email I sent them about all these mixed messages we're hearing about 32gb versions... Bad news. The nice gal on the phone told me that the only way they'll be carrying the 32gb version is if they get slammed with requests for it, and even then it won't be for another month or two at the bare minimum. And it sounded like the "month or two" was if we were all gathered outside Verizon HQ with torches and pitchforks.

I'm chained to Verizon on a family plan, so it looks like I won't be getting my first smartphone after all.

And who was this gal that called you?

Raiden333

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I forget her name, I didn't see any need to remember it at the time.

But by all means, please contact them yourself, the more people that do, the better chances we have of getting the 32gb version.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
A rep told me the stock response for ANY question about the S4 storage, or 32GB models = "We do not have any details on a 32GB model, but you can add up to 64GB more storage with a micro sd card". They are playing a semantics game to mislead customers, but some slip up and specifically mention installing apps to the sd card. That is NOT in their script and they are supposed to as general as possible by following the script. This is essentially a corporate sanctioned lie, since they DO no better, but chose not to stock a 32GB version and mislead customers about the 16GB model.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I forget her name, I didn't see any need to remember it at the time.

But by all means, please contact them yourself, the more people that do, the better chances we have of getting the 32gb version.

I'm simply surprised you received a call.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm simply surprised you received a call.

I've contacted Verizon Corporate a few times. Lately, I don't answer when they call. They keep calling everyday for two or three days. Then I get a system message (SMS) asking me to call the corporate rep. When I don't answer, I get an email. They are very persistent when you contact corporate with a question or comment.

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I received this email from Verizon today -

To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

To:

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami
I sent off a note to her yesterday. Hopefully I will get a similar response and post it here if/when I do.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

To:

Mr. XXXXXX

Appreciate your patience

Tami

That's what the hell I'm talking about!!!

Valkem

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the 16G model and just threw the 32G SD card from my old phone into it. All my music videos and such were already there, so I didn't much care about the exact size of the phones storage. I was already depending on the SD card for the majority of my storage, The 16G on the phone is just a bonus for me. When looking at it from the angle of the SD card as my primary, the phones storage isn't as important.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like the larger internal storage; however, I've had screen and water damage issues with other phones, and it's always nice to just pull out the SD card and move on, never having to worry if the phone will fire up and let me get my data from it.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have my issues with the S 4 but I have decided to replace my Note 2 on Verizon with it if and when they get the 32 GB version. I can't get past having only 9 GB for apps and don't consider sd cards to be a solution for multiple reasons. Not thrilled with Verizon these days on the phone front with no HTC One, no latest Nexus, and only the 16 GB S 4, but everyone else's coverage is vastly inferior especially if you travel a lot. I'll pay full price so I can keep unlimited. My iPhone 5 and Note 2 both have unlimited so only my LTE iPad 4 has a data limitation.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
but everyone else's coverage is vastly inferior especially if you travel a lot.

This is precisely why there is not a One (yet), LG 5.5 pro, 32GB S4, etc. They are milking their user install base and still growing and keeping users because of the same reason you point out. Until Verizon starts to flatten out, expect a middle of the road approach for devices, from here on out.

Unless S4 sales do not meet targets, I would not expect to see a 32GB S4. The good news (maybe) is that Samsung FLOODED channels with ten million 16GB S4's and there are no sell-outs at the big carriers and retailers. Either a lot of people are holding out for the 32GB (nice to think, but not likely), or there is a lot of inventory in channels... Kind of expected with ten million sold into them. The ten million is NOT sold devices to consumers, but are SHIPPED devices to their retail and carrier CHANNELS.

Update: Perhaps hope?:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660

Tami would be the person that would know. Assuming this is legit (no offense to the OP).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781