IF Verizon has no 32gb S4, what will you do?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I sent in an email on Sunday stating my displeasure that Verizon was late to the game with new phones (HTC One not available, late on Samsung Galaxy S4) and looking for the 32GB Galaxy S4.

I got a phone call on my line yesterday from the Verizon executive offices, but since the number was not one I knew I let it go to voicemail. Never was able to touch base, but will let you know if I hear anything else when I talk with them live.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems we would have heard more beyond this one email that is the root of all news on the subject so far. Not adding up, as time goes by with no other validation.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Seems we would have heard more beyond this one email that is the root of all news on the subject so far. Not adding up, as time goes by with no other validation.

Okay, Negative Nancy. It's gonna be released whether you believe it or not. A web site is reporting it now. We have an email from Verizon. Just be patient.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Let me be a negative nancy :D that technobloom.com article just says "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizon?s Chief Marketing Officer replied.. " with no mention of who sent the email, when it was sent, or the name of the CMO who replied. Then the quote of the reply doesn't mention the S4, and only talks about Nexus 5.

Further it says " Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price." are they just using this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660 as their "source"?? Or do have a second and independent source that confirmed?

I really HOPE that a 32 gig S4 is coming, but I'm concerned about the accuracy of this site's reporting, and skeptical that Verizon would confirm it without issuing a press release or other official statement.

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Let me be a negative nancy :D that technobloom.com article just says "An email was sent to Verizon Wireless regarding the 32GB model and Verizon?s Chief Marketing Officer replied.. " with no mention of who sent the email, when it was sent, or the name of the CMO who replied. Then the quote of the reply doesn't mention the S4, and only talks about Nexus 5.

Further it says " Since the reply was sent and then offered by the person that asked the question, it has been confirmed by Verizon, so the next step is a release date and price." are they just using this post -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...72-regarding-32gb-64gb-model.html#post2818660 as their "source"?? Or do have a second and independent source that confirmed?

I really HOPE that a 32 gig S4 is coming, but I'm concerned about the accuracy of this site's reporting, and skeptical that Verizon would confirm it without issuing a press release or other official statement.

Mark,

Last Friday I emailed:

Dan Mead - CEO - dan.mead@verizonwireless.com

Marni Walden - COO - marni.walden@verizonwireless.com

Tami Erwin - tami.erwin@verizonwireless.com

Yesterday I got this reply from Tami Erwin -

To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 10:26 AM
To: Mead, Daniel S; Walden, Marni; Erwin, Tami A
Subject: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

05/24/2013

Dan S. Mead
Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Dear Mr. Mead et all,

My family has been Verizon customers since 2006. We are writing you concerning Verizon Wireless?s decision to not carry the 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4. With our individual use cases using a 16GB model with a Micro SD is not feasible. Google does not allow apps and games to be saved to a Micro SD card.

There are many other Verizon customers in the same position we want the 32GB S4 and to also stay with Verizon. AT&T offers the 32GB S$ to it?s customers we?re asking to have the same choice.

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

XXXXX XXXXX
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand others skepticism and encourage others to email Verizon also and tell them you want the 32GB model.

Thanks

BD

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I received this email from Verizon today -

To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Executive request - 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4

Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your e-mail and the question regarding the S4 w/32GB of built in storage. Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.

Appreciate your patience

Tami

Still respectfully seems strange there has been zero information beyond your email post and no further information from anybody else that emailed Tami E. 100% of the current info about this on the web is rooted to your email copy. Even the Verizon official forum is linked to this, via a few sites like Gottamobile that appear to be parrots of the email. Not asserting a fabrication, though it would seem the floodgates would open up and have not. If VZW wanted to keep it quiet to avoid hurting 16GB sales, seems she would not have bothered replying, or had an office assistant reply with a canned response.

Per Best Buy and VZW friends the S4 is apparently not selling out and there is plenty of inventory.

Your email copy is appreciated, none the less. Verizon are an odd bunch.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Negative Nancy. It's gonna be released whether you believe it or not. A web site is reporting it now. We have an email from Verizon. Just be patient.

That is the same site that said per their VZW "source" there would not be one ;) Gottamobile is reporting the email and a few others parroting so far and that is it. Seems conjecture from one email, rather than additional source of validation. The silence just seems too odd.

Is Tami E messing with people, or did she not set a password and the night cleaner had a sick sense of humor? ;) :)

Added:

For perspective: The VP of Verizon sales tells a customer via email, but keeps her thousands of staff in the dark? Is Verizon THAT poor with communication to their store operations teams and corporate reps? Either case would be sad, may it be a savvy night cleaner with a sick sense of humor, or a large communications based organization with haplessly poor communication. Wild :)

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That is the same site that said per their VZW "source" there would not be one ;) Gottamobile is reporting the email and a few others parroting so far and that is it. Seems conjecture from one email, rather than additional source of validation. The silence just seems too odd.

Is Tami E messing with people, or did she not set a password and the night cleaner had a sick sense of humor? ;) :)

Added:

For perspective: The VP of Verizon sales tells a customer via email, but keeps her thousands of staff in the dark? Is Verizon THAT poor with communication to their store operations teams and corporate reps? Either case would be sad, may it be a savvy night cleaner with a sick sense of humor, or a large communications based organization with haplessly poor communication. Wild :)

Verizon has always been known to have very poor internal (and external) communication and always last to release a device. Ya just gotta deal with it or leave them for another carrier.
They have the best coverage but also the most expensive. The 32GB will come soon.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is precisely why there is not a One (yet), LG 5.5 pro, 32GB S4, etc. They are milking their user install base and still growing and keeping users because of the same reason you point out. Until Verizon starts to flatten out, expect a middle of the road approach for devices, from here on out.

Yup. Verizon figures few people will leave because of not getting the phone they want. They love low amounts of available space to get people to do more cloud storage and use more bandwidth. Maybe thats why they have not gotten the HTC One...too much memory for users...I know thats getting pretty conspiratorial but it would not surprise me.
Local Best Buy says they have a sku or some sort of marker for a 32 GB Verizon S 4 but its Best Buy so I'm taking it with a very big grain of salt. But no dates.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
FOR SALE: 16GB Verizon Galaxy S4, Low Mileage......................... :D Maybe I'll get lucky and they will release it within the return period.

better not install my new Spigen Glastr screen protector just yet. :)

Well, if you do install it, let me know what you think about it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Looking back and found these threads from Gotta Be Mobile.

They claim here they "confirmed" Verizon was never getting the 32GB S4:

Confirmed: Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB Isn't Coming

Then they claim "Verizon has confirmed that the response in the email is authentic and real which paves the way for a 32GB Verizon Galaxy S4 launch at some point in the future".

Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB Confirmed

And "As we exclusively reported, Verizon Chief Marketing Officer Tami Erwin confirmed the 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 for arrival on Verizon?s network at some point in the future".

32GB Verizon Galaxy S4: 5 Things to Know

This is how fast things can change. Never say never.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Then they claim "Verizon has confirmed that the response in the email is authentic and real which paves the way for a 32GB Verizon Galaxy S4 launch at some point in the future".

And "As we exclusively reported, Verizon Chief Marketing Officer Tami Erwin confirmed the 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 for arrival on Verizon?s network at some point in the future".

It's like a brush fire.............out of control. I'm ready to order.........hit me with the Verizon link, :)

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com

and from that last link... " In an email to an inquiring Verizon customer, Erwin stated that ?Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.? " so again, I question, does this site have actual confirmation or are they just parroting the forum post of the email by Black Ducati 1?

Black Ducati 1, I haven't taken the time to email anyone. I appreciate you posting your email. As hopeful as I am that you received accurate information, I'd love to see a second, independent source before I start getting too excited. And I think it only responsible for "reporters" or "bloggers" to also have a 2nd source confirm and be able to cite it, before they run a story.

As I said before, I hope its true that Verizon is coming out with a 32gig S4, because for me, a 16 gig wont cut it, but as rushmore posted, it does seem strange that Black Ducati 1 got a response, but no one else apparently has yet.

Due to my position in a global company carriers, including Verizon, give me road maps under NDA months in advance, and Verizon has nothing for us on the 32Gig S4, and the 32gig S3's were a standard device for us from VZW before they stopped selling them. Now we've been using the 16gig. Samsung is our primary phone, globally, along with iPhone and blackberry. I would hope if its coming, we'd get notified.

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
and from that last link... " In an email to an inquiring Verizon customer, Erwin stated that ?Verizon plans to offer this option and is currently working w/Samsung to confirm the date in which this model will be available on-line.? " so again, I question, does this site have actual confirmation or are they just parroting the forum post of the email by Black Ducati 1?

Black Ducati 1, I haven't taken the time to email anyone. I appreciate you posting your email. As hopeful as I am that you received accurate information, I'd love to see a second, independent source before I start getting too excited. And I think it only responsible for "reporters" or "bloggers" to also have a 2nd source confirm and be able to cite it, before they run a story.

As I said before, I hope its true that Verizon is coming out with a 32gig S4, because for me, a 16 gig wont cut it, but as rushmore posted, it does seem strange that Black Ducati 1 got a response, but no one else apparently has yet.

Due to my position in a global company carriers, including Verizon, give me road maps under NDA months in advance, and Verizon has nothing for us on the 32Gig S4, and the 32gig S3's were a standard device for us from VZW before they stopped selling them. Now we've been using the 16gig. Samsung is our primary phone, globally, along with iPhone and blackberry. I would hope if its coming, we'd get notified.

Mark,

I totally agree with all of your points. I too want to see something else besides the email I was sent indicating this is happening. I have more hope for this than I did before Erwin replied but agree the way this has gone on is very strange.

Hopefully we all will hear something - one way or the other - soon.

I just want the 32GB model that is all I want.

Regards,

BD

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm caving in and going to order the 16GB tomorrow. If the 32GB rears it's ugly head, I'll either return or sell the 16GB and purchase the 32GB.

My cave-in will be moving back to AT&T and buying a 32Gb model through them. But I'm still holding out ... but my patience is fading fast. :cool:

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Old saying: The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel