IF Verizon has no 32gb S4, what will you do?

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My cave-in will be moving back to AT&T and buying a 32Gb model through them. But I'm still holding out ... but my patience is fading fast. :cool:

I'm with you and I said I would never go back to AT&T once Verizon got the iPhone. But I'm getting really tired of Verizon giving their users the shaft every way they can think of. They have a great network but it has made them even more arrogant with a take it or leave it attitude.

Where did you hear this wonderful news?
Hopefully before my 14 days return period is up.?

You can be sure they will make it so it will be too late for initial buyers to trade their in. They've done it before..I think with the S 3 but don't remember for sure.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you and I said I would never go back to AT&T once Verizon got the iPhone. But I'm getting really tired of Verizon giving their users the shaft every way they can think of. They have a great network but it has made them even more arrogant with a take it or leave it attitude.

You can be sure they will make it so it will be too late for initial buyers to trade their in. They've done it before..I think with the S 3 but don't remember for sure.
Nope the S3 was available online day 1 if it was not available in the store you went to for purchase. Some stores carried it and some did not. The S3 was later discontinued. VZW I think said it was to make room for newer phones or something to that cause. You are correct on the issue that it will be so those with the 16gb models will not be able to return them and pick up the 32gb. If they get it at all. Since they never carried a Note 2 in a 32gb model and they did discontinue the S3 32gb, I don't think they will carry the S4 in a 32gb. There is a so called VZW email posted from Tami Erwin (Marketing Exec) that they will be getting it as soon as details are worked out with Samsung. This could be just someone posting an email as a troll though. There has been no official announcement by VZW. So that is still rumor. You know how those go. I will maybe go to ebay and find me another S3 32gb as a backup for the S3 32gb I am using.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Sticking with my 32gb S3. I wonder if Verizon will ever carry a 32gb Galaxy phone again(or any other brand)?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you do install it, let me know what you think about it.

installed the Spigen Glast.r Slim today and it's one sweet piece.
Going to remove the plastic protector from the Otterbox Defender and see how she fits in there.
Also got the Samsung protector bumper case that I want to try with the Glast.R on tne phone.
I'll throw up some pictures tomorrow. I sure do like the GlasTR.

Mystic316

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I gave in and bought the 16gb model. I wanted to hold off and get the 32 but I couldn't any longer cause my Thunderbolt was unable to even make calls easily after the update. I got a 64gig SD Card to throw in it so while I can't put apps on it, I can surely add all my pics and vids. I can't really see using 8gigs worth of apps anyways so I suppose it will do. Still highly disappointed. :\

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I gave in and bought the 16gb model. I wanted to hold off and get the 32 but I couldn't any longer cause my Thunderbolt was unable to even make calls easily after the update. I got a 64gig SD Card to throw in it so while I can't put apps on it, I can surely add all my pics and vids. I can't really see using 8gigs worth of apps anyways so I suppose it will do. Still highly disappointed. :\

Enjoy your phone! I'm still waiting and waiting ... but I'm about to be switched over to life support in a week or so if Verizon can't get their act together to PLEASE their customers. Its really amazing. What other retail business can you think of where you spend the kind of money we do where THEY are trying to dictate what we end up buying? Usually the business owner is doing whatever is possible to special order ANYTHING you want to get the money from YOUR wallet into his cash register. Samsung introduced the S4 having THREE internal storage configurations: 16GB, 32GB and 64Gb. So why are we only offered the little one??? I'm willing to pay for a 64Gb model ... "HELLO ???? Is anybody here????"

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sticking with my 32gb S3. I wonder if Verizon will ever carry a 32gb Galaxy phone again(or any other brand)?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AFAIK the MOTO Razr MAXX HD is still in 32gb but only takes a 32gb sd. I don't know if you can make the 64gb partitioned will work or not as it does in the Samsung Galaxy TAB 7.7. I just finished reading about the MOTO X but not enough is known about it yet except that it will be built in an old Nokia plant just north of FW TX. It should be released I guess in October 2013. If they continue with the present battery technology of the MAXX and MAXX HD it may be a good phone. I will be keeping my S3 32gb as well even thinking of buy another S3 32gb at Swappa.com as a back up.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
installed the Spigen Glast.r Slim today and it's one sweet piece.
Going to remove the plastic protector from the Otterbox Defender and see how she fits in there.
Also got the Samsung protector bumper case that I want to try with the Glast.R on tne phone.
I'll throw up some pictures tomorrow. I sure do like the GlasTR.

Great! Thanks for the info!!

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your phone! I'm still waiting and waiting ... but I'm about to be switched over to life support in a week or so if Verizon can't get their act together to PLEASE their customers. Its really amazing. What other retail business can you think of where you spend the kind of money we do where THEY are trying to dictate what we end up buying? Usually the business owner is doing whatever is possible to special order ANYTHING you want to get the money from YOUR wallet into his cash register. Samsung introduced the S4 having THREE internal storage configurations: 16GB, 32GB and 64Gb. So why are we only offered the little one??? I'm willing to pay for a 64Gb model ... "HELLO ???? Is anybody here????"

this is why i made the jump to at&t. because i was tired of verizon doing what ever they want, when ever they want just because they have the best service. not to mention i didnt want to get a gimped phone. so i got my 32gb from at&t. very happy with it. if only we could all do the same. maybe verizon would learn a lesson one day.

chrishoyt2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be cheaper just to add a 32 or 64gb microsd card? I have the 16gb with a 64gb micro sd card..hell the way Verizon prices things they would probably sell the 32 for $299...way more than what it cost to add a sdcard thats 64gb.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

.MgB.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Since the S3 is my primary music device I need more than 8gb of usable memory. Google Music will only store to device memory.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Since the S3 is my primary music device I need more than 8gb of usable memory. Google Music will only store to device memory.

Actually this is incorrect now. Google Music can not save to the SD card. If i remember right someone posted about it here and it linked to XDA. you could also throw your music onto a SD card instead. I picked p a 32 gb for 12 bucks

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

You are not by yourself. I am waiting too. My wife has the 16gb S4 with a 16gb sd card. Nice, but I will still wait. The latest I will wait, will be June 30th. Like you said, they advertised the S4 in 3 configs. IMO, it is a marketing move by Samsung to milk all they can out the 16gb version, since the demand was high. As soon as that level off or start to drop, they will release the 32 and 64.. Real chitty for consumers if you ask me...

techdad2

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
]I really wanted this phone, but only with the 32GB of internal memory. Guess I'll keep my old 32GB iphone4 that works fine until Verizon decides to change their policy or someone finds a way to root this phone so that apps can be stored on an external card. I have both ios and android devices and use them both daily and known that only 8GB's of free space on the S4 is not enough for me [/I]to sign a two yr contract. I'll just wait until Verizon or apple offers a phone with the storage I want.[/B]

peterouviere

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Posted this is other thread but this just happened to me June 6, 2013 at about 1PM EST
Ok, here is my update. I just called Verizon Customer Service to ask how to switch my number to ATT and the gentleman told me how and the time it took and proceeded to ask me why. I explained that I was not happy about the S4 32GB not being available and that you are not going to carry it and he tells me quote" let me check on that for you, one moment." He then comes back and says" I can tell you that we are going to be carrying the S4 32GB in both black and white and it is on our release schedule for next month." I asked for a exact date and he said there was only mention of July release.
Try calling for yourselves, but I am still hoping with what I was told today.

.MgB.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Actually this is incorrect now. Google Music can not save to the SD card. If i remember right someone posted about it here and it linked to XDA. you could also throw your music onto a SD card instead. I picked p a 32 gb for 12 bucks

Really? Can you find that for me? I have kind of set my heart on a 32gb S4 or a HTC One now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech