I have an update on my line (GS3 with unlimited ) on 6/20. Can I still transfer that to my wife's line (pos DROID 3 with unlimited ) so she can get S4 for $199 with unlimited data? Or is this simply not possible anymore unless I throw temper tantrum in the store? Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-11-2013 09:09 PM
    Absolutely, please see this thread for details of how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html
    05-11-2013 09:16 PM
    Absolutely, please see this thread for details of how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html
    No, I think you are wrong...if he transfers the upgrade to his wife's line that has unlimited and she uses the upgrade on that line she will lose unlimited. It has to be transfered to a line that doesn't have unlimited and then moved to a unlimited line.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-11-2013 10:26 PM
    No, I think you are wrong...if he transfers the upgrade to his wife's line that has unlimited and she uses the upgrade on that line she will lose unlimited. It has to be transfered to a line that doesn't have unlimited and then moved to a unlimited line.
    Yes, one of the devices will lose unlimited, but it possible to transfer the upgrade and do so in a way where she has unlimited. You're right, whatever device actually executes the upgrade will lose unlimited, but he can choose which one it is or if there are any other lines (dummy lines, etc) those can be used to attempt to keep both.
    05-11-2013 10:29 PM
    I also have a line for my 4G xoom which has a 2G data plan. That line says it has an upgrade right now. Can I use that somehow? It's so frustrating how we all have to plan and contrive these upgrades just to keeps things the way they should be.

Also I was planning on using her having the no longer supported Droid 3 as a bargaining chip. I know you can trade it in for $100 off a moto phone but I just want her to have the S4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 11:19 PM
    There is already a thread on this under Verizon unlimited loophole.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 12:56 AM
    Yeah I saw that. All it did was confuse me more. Most the people in there were working with dumbphone lines or limited lines. I guess I'll just try transferring the upgrade to my wife's line 2. Probably won't work.

05-12-2013 09:17 AM
    Most the people in there were working with dumbphone lines or limited lines.
    Everyone is working with a dumbphone line because that is the key to facilitating the loophole. The dumbphone line is used as a conduit to temporarily activate a new smartphone. Once active the dumbphone is reactivated leaving the new smartphone without a line. From there the new smartphone can be activated to an unlimited data line. You cannot take advantage of the loophole if you don't have a dumbphone line available to facilitate the process.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-12-2013 09:35 AM
    Line 1: GS3 unlimited (upgrade 6/20)
    Line 2: DROID 3 unlimited
    Line 3 4G Xoom 2gb plan (upgrade available now)

So basically I'm screwed... I will either have to pay full price for her S4 or use upgrade and we both get forced into a tiered data plan?

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 09:58 AM
    Just upgrade the line with 4G Xoom (don't transfer it). When the S4 comes in activate the line and then take out the sim card in the S4 and put in the sim card under your line and you should be good to go (keeping unlimited on line 1 and 2).
    05-12-2013 12:21 PM
    Just upgrade the line with 4G Xoom (don't transfer it). When the S4 comes in activate the line and then take out the sim card in the S4 and put in the sim card under your line and you should be good to go (keeping unlimited on line 1 and 2).
    You can't upgrade a tablet plan with a phone and you no longer can transfer a tablet upgrade to a phone line. Using the upgrade would require a new plan on that line.
    05-12-2013 02:25 PM
    You can't upgrade a tablet plan with a phone and you no longer can transfer a tablet upgrade to a phone line. Using the upgrade would require a new plan on that line.
    Ah didn't realize it was a tablet.

You can open a dummy line to transfer all unlimited upgrades to keep those unlimited plans.
    05-12-2013 03:48 PM
    So what have to do is open a new line transfer an upgrade to it. Get the S4 on that line with the upgrade then just activate the S4 it under my wife's line? Then we should be able to keep unlimited data? Won't I be paying every month for this "dummy" line?

05-12-2013 05:15 PM
    So what have to do is open a new line transfer an upgrade to it. Get the S4 on that line with the upgrade then just activate the S4 it under my wife's line? Then we should be able to keep unlimited data? Won't I be paying every month for this "dummy" line?

Yes... you can get much better specific answers to your situation by asking your question in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html

With the new line you can do some things to mitigate the costs, but yeah you'd have another line floating around there.
    CypherMax likes this.
    05-12-2013 06:10 PM
    When you go in to upgrade, Use another lines upgrades that doesn't have unlimited. DON'T do a alternate upgrade, have the rep literally up that line. Once this is done, have them reactive the phone that was originally on that line that didn't have unlimited. That will kick off your new phone and then it can be activated on your line without contract which will allow you to keep your unlimited data.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-13-2013 12:23 AM
    Since the only line I currently have that isn't unlimited is a 2gb tablet plan I have to open a whole new line. Do I transfer and upgrade to that line or just do a new contract for that new line and get the s4 then transfer it to the line I want? Then can i cancel the new line so I don't have to pay for it?

05-13-2013 07:03 AM
    i did this when the iphone came out for me and a friends phone. you need to have a line that doesnt have unlimited data on it already, or that you dont care about losing unlimited data.

you either upgrade from a line that doesnt have unlimited data, or transfer the upgrade from a line with the unlimited data, to one without.

since you dont have either of those options, youre out of luck it seems. you would have to get one of the 2gb or 4gb data plans on the line you upgraded from.
    05-13-2013 05:53 PM
    Mission accomplished! Did a live chat with an associate and she walked me through the loophole. So I pre ordered the S4 under a new line that I created. I didn't have to use an upgrade or anything. Once the phone is delivered I will activate it under my wife's line then I'm going to activate my old LG dare under the new line and it will just be a $9.99 additional charge each month and we keep unlimited data on our plans. Thanks everyone for your help.

Aquila likes this.
    05-13-2013 09:29 PM
    Mission accomplished! Did a live chat with an associate and she walked me through the loophole. So I pre ordered the S4 under a new line that I created. I didn't have to use an upgrade or anything. Once the phone is delivered I will activate it under my wife's line then I'm going to activate my old LG dare under the new line and it will just be a $9.99 additional charge each month and we keep unlimited data on our plans. Thanks everyone for your help.

So that's 239.76 + tax, fees, etc. (lets call it 20% tax) + 199.99 = 487.71 for a device that's normally 649.99 = you're paying 75%, so 25% discount for being locked in 2 years and having an extra utility line for something in the future. In my view that's not a bad deal at all. Grats!
    CypherMax likes this.
    05-13-2013 09:57 PM