Regarding the 32GB/64GB Model

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to throw this out there now, because I'm sick of reading the he said she said/assumption stuff.

Verizon is ONLY releasing the 16GB on the 30th and that's it. There isn't going to be any surprises with the larger capacities.

Unless Verizon gets a lot of feedback from customers which they won't, They won't be offering anything larger in store. It may be possible that in the future you can get it online.

When customers come in the store, they don't want to spend a lot of money. People are already complaining that the S4 is expensive. You guys have to understand that we are just a small group of people who actually care about storage options.

Do you know how many people choose the IPhone 4 8GB over anything else simply because it's free? They would rather save money then worry about the latest and greatest or bigger storage options.

I'm on your guys sides here, I think it would be smart and pleasing if Verizon offered larger storage options and offered more phones like the HTC ONE and optimus G Pro. The truth is customers who come in haven't even heard of them and would rather buy the S3 for $49 or the Razr HD for $49 or even the IPhone 4 for free then spend $200 or more on the best phones our there. It's sad, But true.

Posted via Android Central App

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I hear what you are saying and I think it was very similar way with the S3. I tried to purchase the S3 32gb in 2-3 stores when I was in El Paso, TX and it was not available and was told I would have to order it off the web sight which I did. I was happy with that and if I can do that for the S4, I will be happy with that. The only thing though is the S3 32gb was removed along with some other phones that were not selling well or as well as the less expensive phones such as the S3 16gb and others you mention above. They may not stock the S4 32gb and it is very doubtful that Samsung will even make it in 32gb to work on VZW. Thanks for your comments above.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Disappointing but not unexpected. If I were to place myself in Verizons shoes I would also be tempted to hold the 32GB back for thirty days or more to limit the returns of the 16GB version.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is no mystery here. It is a marketing decision by a company. No big deal.

Sent from my Toshiba AT100

In the big picture of life, nothing really is. My guess is you are not on Verizon, not a big app user or not interested in the S4 in the first place. Must be at least one of those, since you are presuming your own standard on everyone. Relative to THIS device and the customers with Verizon, it IS a big deal.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm holding out for the 32GB version, especially if it is only $50 more like on AT&T. Would jump ship if VZW does not offer the 32GB GS4 of the HTC One (or a variant) with at least 32GB.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding out for the 32GB version, especially if it is only $50 more like on AT&T. Would jump ship if VZW does not offer the 32GB GS4 of the HTC One (or a variant) with at least 32GB.
I keep saying I'll hold out, but now that a release date has been announced, I feel that i am weakening. Must resist.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying.........I'm trying............I'm trying......I'm hoping for 32GB news before the 23rd but I don't think there will be any.

When Verizon released the S3 how long was it before they sold the 32GB version?

If my memory serves correctly, the 32gb was released along with the 16gb but you had to get them on-line. There were some larger corp stores that stocked them too. The 16gb S3 came in white boxes and the 32gb were in blue boxes.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

sox08

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I did just call Samsung and spoke to a rep and asked about the 32gb Verizon version and would it would be available as its on att and before he said he would go speak with his "resources" he said it looks like right now att only has the 32gb in black mist but eventually both carriers would carry the 32gb model in both colors and after he spoke to his "resources" he said I would have to contact Verizon with any further info cause they don't have access to what each carrier orders from Samsung only the carrier would know. a glimmer of hope maybe??

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I did just call Samsung and spoke to a rep and asked about the 32gb Verizon version and would it would be available as its on att and before he said he would go speak with his "resources" he said it looks like right now att only has the 32gb in black mist but eventually both carriers would carry the 32gb model in both colors and after he spoke to his "resources" he said I would have to contact Verizon with any further info cause they don't have access to what each carrier orders from Samsung only the carrier would know. a glimmer of hope maybe??

A small glimmer...

sent from CletuS the almighty S3

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If my memory serves correctly, the 32gb was released along with the 16gb but you had to get them on-line. There were some larger corp stores that stocked them too. The 16gb S3 came in white boxes and the 32gb were in blue boxes.

I work at one of the largest corporate stores in the NE and we did not carry the 32gb of the S3 . Our pricing tags showed that we offered both,, but if you wanted the 32gb version we had to direct you to the site. The blue boxes came with the Blue S3.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I work at one of the largest corporate stores in the NE and we did not carry the 32gb of the S3 . Our pricing tags showed that we offered both,, but if you wanted the 32gb version we had to direct you to the site. The blue boxes came with the Blue S3.

The store in Pensacola, FL carried them from day one. I got my last S3 in January. I had a white box with my blue 16gb, and a blue box with my blue 32gb (all 4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke