Verizon Rep Tweets May 23rd for S4 (Verizon Confirms tweet)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
....(snip) When they launched the S3 I'm almost certain the phones were arriving a couple days earlier than the stores were getting them.

Yup I can confirm that they shipped the S3 a few days earlier. I had pre ordered the S3 and went tho the same sort of thing as y'all with the S4 are now.
I did pre order the S3 and got it about a week before it was in stores, and assume the same will be true with the S4 .

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup I can confirm that they shipped the S3 a few days earlier. I had pre ordered the S3 and went tho the same sort of thing as y'all with the S4 are now.
I did pre order the S3 and got it about a week before it was in stores, and assume the same will be true with the S4 .

Yayyyyyyy! I hope that's the case with us :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

xoxojess

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
my upgrade is 5/24. i wonder what the chances are of me getting one in the store. do you think they will let me upgrade ONE DAY early? :p regardless, great news here. verizon stepping up a bit.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
my upgrade is 5/24. i wonder what the chances are of me getting one in the store. do you think they will let me upgrade ONE DAY early? :p regardless, great news here. verizon stepping up a bit.

I think your chances of getting one are pretty good, by Verizon waiting hopefully they are stocked with a good amount of devices

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Not worth buying with only 16GB!!!!

I hear you on that. I have my fingers crossed for the 32GB.

For some, perhaps...but for many (including me) 16GB is fine as long as I have SD support. I couldn't care less about games and rarely install them. If you do, then I sympathize since I don't think a 32GB version will be available for a while, if at all. Still though, I don't think the blanket statement that it's "not worth buying" is true at all.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Rep Tweets May 23rd for S4

Is there a slot for external storage? I mean, 16 GB is fine for us that don't overload the phone w/ a ton of stuff.

So while it might not be worth buy for yourself, others would disagree. I can see why 16 GB would be a problem for some though.

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke with a Verizon customer service rep at the 800 number becuase I never got a confirmation email (wrong addy on file...ugh) and she said they would be shipping on the 21st....preorders should be in our hands on the 23rd

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
UGH!!! I was going to preorder it today after work. Would it be pointless for me to do so now?

I'm sure you will be able to pick one up at a local Verizon store on the 23rd. I'm still holding out hopes for 32GB news by the 23rd.

Just called the biggest Verizon store around here and the counter monkey said he would have the 16GB & 32GB S4's in on the 23rd. I hope he is right.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Verizon Rep Tweets May 23rd for S4

I hear you on that. I have my fingers crossed for the 32GB.

Is there a slot for external storage? I mean, 16 GB is fine for us that don't overload the phone w/ a ton of stuff.

So while it might not be worth buy for yourself, others would disagree. I can see why 16 GB would be a problem for some though.

Yup, SD Card expansion is available for media. As long as you're not heavy into HD games (since they take up a ton of app space), then in most cases you should be fine with 16GB.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well, my pre-order status page shows the new ship by 5/23 date now at least. ;)

Same here says the 23rd. Excitement grows everyday.

For me I used my sister in laws upgrade. I gave her cash as a incentive plus I paid the upgrade price. Since she had no plans for a phone anyway we both benefited. So when it arrives I have to activate it on her line then immediately switch her back to her iPhone. Then activate the gs4 on my line. Good thing she lives close or I would have a panic attack waiting to pick it up. Lol.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon reps don't know much. I chatted with a rep and he said that preorders will be delivered after the 23rd which i suspected but he said that the S4 will be available in stores on the 30th. I guess he didn't read the tweet from Verizon lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon reps don't know much. I chatted with a rep and he said that preorders will be delivered after the 23rd which i suspected but he said that the S4 will be available in stores on the 30th. I guess he didn't read the tweet from Verizon lol

What???? Reps are clueless???? Haha!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech