Preorder updates..

FrankP999

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I called FedEx. They said nothing happens over the weekend even if the tracking says picked up on Sat - so Monday is the "official" ship date. For those who paid for overnight, you should get it Tue. I did not pay extra so I get two day service-- so Monday is the ship day, Tue is day one, Wed is day two. Mine will arrive Wed.

dbergin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The release date is NOT the 23rd. Reread your emails. They say it will be shipped BY the 23rd. It could be earlier, but that is the LATEST it will ship. Technically the release date is still the 30th. No word if stores will have it before the 30th. Original order said ships BY the 30th, which entailed it could be earlier.....and indeed in has been earlier.

But they did say it will be in stores on the 23rd. Verizon confirmed it..

"Verizon Wireless on Monday confirmed that it will launch Samsung?s Galaxy S4 on May 23rd, one week earlier than the release date originally announced by the carrier. Verizon confirmed the new launch date on its press site in an update to its earlier announcement, and said the Galaxy S4 will be available both online and in retail stores beginning next week."

Verizon Galaxy S4 Release Date: May 23rd, sooner than expected | BGR

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I called FedEx. They said nothing happens over the weekend even if the tracking says picked up on Sat - so Monday is the "official" ship date. For those who paid for overnight, you should get it Tue. I did not pay extra so I get two day service-- so Monday is the ship day, Tue is day one, Wed is day two. Mine will arrive Wed.

Mine will be here Wednesday too :thumbup::D

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

droidrev71

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the overnight deliveries will be Tuesday and two day will be Wednesday. Just hung up with FedEx. My phone is still in PA and hasn't left. So less then 24 hours I'll have it. Back to the waiting game..lol

droidrev71

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Release date is the 23rd. Assuming 2 day shipping standard and to get it to people on the 23rd they would need to ship on 21st.

They shipped the 18th. That would be early.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
I'm getting on the 21st because they haven't shipped yet. The middle of the night shipment information received was the actual label being generated. What Verizon says is release days in the stores doesn't reflect pre orders deliveries.

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm the one who posted that on xda. You're misinterpreting it. I was just trying to explain why some will be delivered tomorrow while some wont come until Wednesday. Verizon has not held deliveries, at least not that I know of

behemoth696

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked my order first it had me getting it at 430pm tomorrow.. now says 7:00 pm tomorrow who knows if that's even true either way I'm just waiting it out ..lol oh the agony of waiting ..lmao

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

droidrev71

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Another rumor and then on with my day. I guess there is a nfc SIM available from Verizon. It would be needed for their mobile payment system.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 68781

Maybe your post explains my shipping info because I live 30 minutes from Philly. To have it in Philly, only to go to Memphis to come back seems redonkulous. Original my estimated arrival was set for Tues at 4:30 pm. Now it says 7 PM. At least it still says Tues.
It's only cause of how they routealmost everything(2 day air) through Memphis... I'm in Az and it frustrates me when i see it coming from cali only to go to memphis. that why i have been looking at amazon instead as I have a warehouse in town

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I checked my order first it had me getting it at 430pm tomorrow.. now says 7:00 pm tomorrow who knows if that's even true either way I'm just waiting it out ..lol oh the agony of waiting ..lmao

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Just checked and mine changed to the same thing as yours

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting on the 21st because they haven't shipped yet. The middle of the night shipment information received was the actual label being generated. What Verizon says is release days in the stores doesn't reflect pre orders deliveries.

Guess we will find out tomorrow won't we :)

I feel pretty comfortable with what FedEx.com is saying and their customer service is saying for my particular package.

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
My cousin preordered hers and according to the tracking number it's still in route to be delivered Wednesday, but her Mom just texted her and told her it came today :eek:

dbergin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to mine like all of you had said, started in PA, now checked in at a location in TN, I'm in CT. Still says delivery tomorrow.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to mine like all of you had said, started in PA, now checked in at a location in TN, I'm in CT. Still says delivery tomorrow.

Yup mine just did the same thing. Logical shift west for me. I'd expect it to depart Memphis this afternoon and show up in my town tomorrow morning.