Preorder updates..

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OMG people.... breathe LOL. We go through this all the time..... iPhone forum, same thing. HTC One, same thing. S4 for other carriers, same thing. Last year for the S3, same thing. People badgering the carriers and fedex. Stop the madness people..... your device is coming. Just kidding...... continue the craziness. It's what we live for. :p

LOL i think I'm overly excited because this is the first time I want a phone that I have to wait for. Every time I've wanted a new phone it was already out. I've never waited for a phone before so I'm obnoxiously excited and impatient lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

dbergin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
OMG people.... breathe LOL. We go through this all the time..... iPhone forum, same thing. HTC One, same thing. S4 for other carriers, same thing. Last year for the S3, same thing. People badgering the carriers and fedex. Stop the madness people..... your device is coming. Just kidding...... continue the craziness. It's what we live for. :p

I almost didn't like you for a second, then I finished reading haha

behemoth696

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL i think I'm overly excited because this is the first time I want a phone that I have to wait for. Every time I've wanted a new phone it was already out. I've never waited for a phone before so I'm obnoxiously excited and impatient lol

Well its 6:48pm ..lol in NYC an I've checked a few times on FedEx looks like its still in Memphis...lmao an yes I'm just as crazy as all u guys who are checking status for delivery.. Lmao..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Check this out guys should make us all happy those that do this .. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/2...s-galaxy-s4-bootloader-boots-custom-recovery/

Sweet deal. I knew a root method was available, but custom recovery and boatloader unlock? Perfect. I'm sure he won't release it until Friday at the earliest. Need to have lots of phones in hands to crack open before VZW attempts a patch.

I want to know who got theirs early and allowed him to test. That person needs a frosty beverage!l

behemoth696

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Just so u guys know an I'm sure u all do..recovery has always been around with programs that can let u go back to stock in case issues come up. I wouldn't just do it yet until an official recovery is out that can let u go back to manufactory settings..that's just my advice worst case don't take any ota updates right away .. DroidModderX has been on top of things an videos to show how to root an unlock phones an all different programs that work with it..check his web site out from time to time he's getting the S4 also .. WWW.DroidModderX.com

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
They may have moved but maybe they haven't updated the system and website yet? Just a theory no proof since i doubt mine has been sitting in Tennessee since 4 this morning with no movement whatsoever. Like I said just a theory :) grab a :beer: people its gonna be a while lol

dbergin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
They may have moved but maybe they haven't updated the system and website yet? Just a theory no proof since i doubt mine has been sitting in Tennessee since 4 this morning with no movement whatsoever. Like I said just a theory :) grab a :beer: people its gonna be a while lol

Totally possible, when mine got updated that it was in TN at 1:45PM; It didn't show up online until around 4. So who knows.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I so love the forums as people wait for new devices to arrive. Fedex's main hub is actually in Memphis so it goes there before being shipped out all over... crazy since some are very close to regional warehouses but that's the way they work. The main sort there is going on right now and then the packages are put into cans and loaded on planes for airports all over... so most likely your phones are packed snug as a bug right next to my new sneakers and my aunt's blender from amazon. The status wont update until a departure scan is done on that can before loading it on the bird and that will be in the wee hours of the night for most. I took the tour in a former life as Verizon is one of their biggest customer with their own return depot at the hub and watching them work is like Santa's workshop.

Congrats to all that pre-ordered as its a great device that I am sure you will enjoy..

TICK TOCK...

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in NY. Mine was in Pennsylvania on Saturday and today it arrived in Tennessee. Wtf kind of sense does that make.

Tennessee is their main processing hub. Every package shipped by FedEx goes there for sorting first.

Here's a video of FedEx plane routes and how they all go to Memphis for sorting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xEczrGIy08

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Damn shame. I was so hoping to get mine today. With a departure of an hour and a half a go from Memphis.. That dream is gone for me now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

behemoth696

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Damn shame. I was so hoping to get mine today. With a departure of an hour and a half a go from Memphis.. That dream is gone for me now.

mine left this morning from Memphis at 3:48 am still says I should get it today at 7:00pm who knows if that's true

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
mine left this morning from Memphis at 3:48 am still says I should get it today at 7:00pm who knows if that's true

Mine just arrived in Houston, which is where it's being delivered. Hope against hope?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy