Preorder updates..

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
+1 what is blocking mode

its like do not disturb on the iphone. it blocks all incoming messages, alerts and phone calls if you want it to. it can either be turned on, or turn on by itself at a specific time. and verizon deems it not useful or something apparently because they keep removing it

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
its like do not disturb on the iphone. it blocks all incoming messages, alerts and phone calls if you want it to. it can either be turned on, or turn on by itself at a specific time. and verizon deems it not useful or something apparently because they keep removing it

I think Verizon has a premium device to block specific numbers. Idk, throwing ideas at the wall.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked, Airplane Moded VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon has a premium device to block specific numbers. Idk, throwing ideas at the wall.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked, Airplane Moded VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

its not for blocking numbers specifically. its so that when youre sleeping, you dont get disturbed. your phone wont go off, the screen wont light up, etc

bquindawl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So Does it have Blocking Mode or Not? I know the S3 didnt, but hoping for a change with the S4......

- - - Updated - - -

So Does it have Blocking Mode or Not? I know the S3 didnt, but hoping for a change with the S4......

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
its not for blocking numbers specifically. its so that when youre sleeping, you dont get disturbed. your phone wont go off, the screen wont light up, etc

What's wrong with using Airplane mode? Sounds functionally similar when you describe it like that.

rennsport7

May 18, 2013
Visit site
package not due for delivery until tomorrow

that feel when you know its less than a 10 minute drive from you and it will stay there for at least 24 hours

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with using Airplane mode? Sounds functionally similar when you describe it like that.

that turns everything off, when you put blocking mode or do not disturb, all the alerts still come through to the phone, you just dont see them until you unlock the phone

Ike_Farmer

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

You can still have unimportant reminders and the like making sounds and lighting up the screen. There's plenty of stuff which light the phone up and make noises that don't require Connectivity. Hence the do not disturb mode which will only leave alarms.

- - - Updated - - -

package not due for delivery until tomorrow

that feel when you know its less than a 10 minute drive from you and it will stay there for at least 24 hours

pick it up from the facility bro!

rennsport7

May 18, 2013
Visit site
i was told you cannot do that. the only time you can do that is if they attempt to deliver to your house but you're not home or something so they save it for the next day.

can't imagine how excited everyone must be :D

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
You can still have unimportant reminders and the like making sounds and lighting up the screen. There's plenty of stuff which light the phone up and make noises that don't require Connectivity. Hence the do not disturb mode which will only leave alarms.

Ah I see. OK, that makes sense.

Ike_Farmer

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i was told you cannot do that. the only time you can do that is if they attempt to deliver to your house but you're not home or something so they save it for the next day.

can't imagine how excited everyone must be :D

On the site you can request them to hold it at the facility. I never bothered with that though. I always just go there and pick it up. They really don't care