I just pre-ordered an S4 through Comcast@Xfinity.

I almost pre-ordered through Verizon Wireless yesterday, but I was irritated by the $50 rebate. $30 upgrade charge, and $40 in taxes (even ordering online, Massachusetts) I did not order.

For those of you who have Comcast/Xfinity phone, internet or cable, I received a promo offer in the mail today. If you order your new phone through Xfinity they will send you a $100 pre-paid Visa card. And you also get your $50 mail in rebate from Verizon.

I pre-ordered. Call 855-618-8704. The only caveat is that it takes 12-16 weeks to get the $100 Visa card. My thought though, is that $100 is $100 . . .

Moving from an HTC Thunderbolt that is exactly 2 years old. I can't wait. I have never felt such animosity towards a phone. It shuts down randomly, several times a day. Multiple attempts to restart result in a battery that is now nearly dead. The battery performance from day one was abysmal. I can NOT wait to get rid of this thing. Verizon's first 4G LTE phone. Great photos. Great speed (to me), but the battery was and is horrific.

No, I am not rooted. Have not explored that. just yet.

Sorry. Venting. Bruins just won. Ya.

Just ordered a Spigen Slim Armor Metal Slate Case. Can I get a Woot Woot??
    05-16-2013 10:01 PM
    Thanks for passing this info along. Is the offer for new customers, or also for upgrades? I am eligible for my upgrade through Verizon now, and this does sound like a win, win deal to me.
    05-17-2013 05:50 AM
    I just pre-ordered an S4 through Comcast@Xfinity.

I almost pre-ordered through Verizon Wireless yesterday, but I was irritated by the $50 rebate. $30 upgrade charge, and $40 in taxes (even ordering online, Massachusetts) I did not order.

For those of you who have Comcast/Xfinity phone, internet or cable, I received a promo offer in the mail today. If you order your new phone through Xfinity they will send you a $100 pre-paid Visa card. And you also get your $50 mail in rebate from Verizon.

I pre-ordered. Call 855-618-8704. The only caveat is that it takes 12-16 weeks to get the $100 Visa card. My thought though, is that $100 is $100 . . .

Moving from an HTC Thunderbolt that is exactly 2 years old. I can't wait. I have never felt such animosity towards a phone. It shuts down randomly, several times a day. Multiple attempts to restart result in a battery that is now nearly dead. The battery performance from day one was abysmal. I can NOT wait to get rid of this thing. Verizon's first 4G LTE phone. Great photos. Great speed (to me), but the battery was and is horrific.

No, I am not rooted. Have not explored that. just yet.

Sorry. Venting. Bruins just won. Ya.

Just ordered a Spigen Slim Armor Metal Slate Case. Can I get a Woot Woot??
    Is the S4 unlocked? I am a Comcast customer..
    05-17-2013 08:02 AM
    I am an existing Xfinity internet customer, so I used the offer for my upgrade only.
    05-17-2013 09:25 AM
    It looks like it's available for upgrades and new vzw customers, as long as you are a comcast/xfinity subscriber. You still pay the upgrade fee (it says $35 on their legal info Details and Restrictions). Then you can choose the $100 visa card which you get within 6 weeks of phone activation, and the card expires after 90 days. Or you can choose to get $10 off your Xfinity services for 12 months.

Kind of makes me wish I was still a comcast customer (I dropped them at the beginning of the month. I couldn't handle their internet services anymore).

Here's the main page for the promo: XFINITY and Verizon Wireless have teamed up.
    05-17-2013 11:20 AM
    You may want to give them a call back.... I just spoke to a rep and their system indicates that the Galaxy S4 will be shipped on the 30th - it may be something as simple that their system hasn't been updated but that is a pretty big update that the reps are not getting.
    05-17-2013 12:07 PM
    You may want to give them a call back.... I just spoke to a rep and their system indicates that the Galaxy S4 will be shipped on the 30th - it may be something as simple that their system hasn't been updated but that is a pretty big update that the reps are not getting.
    I pre-ordered through Comcast yesterday. My pre-order status on the Verizon Wireless website says Expected Ship Date: 05/23/2013
    05-17-2013 01:38 PM
    Shipped!!! Pre-ordered on Thursday and received a shipment notification today (Saturday) with a Wednesday delivery. WOOOOHOOOO. Can't wait. . .
    05-18-2013 04:03 PM
    So taxes would still apply to this deal though, correct?

Even so, the $100 back still basically gets the price down to close to what Newegg is offering.
    05-18-2013 07:23 PM
    I looked on Newegg, but did not see the deal that you are referring to.
    05-18-2013 08:06 PM
    Here's the link to the Newegg deal

It's $159, no taxes, no shipping fees (it's overnight shipping).
    05-18-2013 08:12 PM