ok posted this on the N2 thread also. i played with the N2 for about half hour the other day great phone but not sure ill really use the Spen and not 100% sold on the size its nice for two handed operation but one handed is tough it does have the one handed operation setting that helps im not a young guy and eyes are getting worse close up lol so the bigger screen is nice in that aspect lol.. anyone in here have the N2 and going to the S4? is the S4 on say att the same as verizon? kinda want to get hands on the S4 before i make a choice. i am coming from a rooted galazy nexus so the size of the S4 is still bigger and of course better screen and in that small of a screen can you really tell from 720p to 1080?
    05-17-2013 07:14 AM
    yes you definitely tell the difference in screen resolution, esp in text on a webpage fully zoomed out.
    05-17-2013 07:27 AM
    I currently have the Note 2. Have had it since the beginning of the year. The s-pen, while pretty awesome, is not something I use on a regular basis. At first I was goofing around with it and trying all the features and it really is nice. But when it came to real world usage and what I use my phone for every day I rarely use it. The only time I can think of when I use it is to write down a grocery list and that is maybe once a month. Yes having a large screen is nice but after five months of use I have come to the determination that is is just too big for me. I would rather trade down in screen size to get something that is easier to use with one hand, lighter and more pocketable. Honestly I have been waiting for the S4 to come out on Verizon for awhile now as I was ready to swap the Note 2 a month or two ago....the size is just getting too me. I was in a store recently and held an S4 next to my note 2 and at that point I was definitely sold on getting the S4. The S4 won't have as good of a battery life since the Note 2 has a massive battery but that is not a big deal to me personally. It's just becoming kind of a chore to lug around the massive Note 2. Again this is just my opinion and I know others absolutely love the Note 2 but when I take into account how I use my phone on a daily basis the S4 is definitely the choice for me. Hope this helps.
    steveinil likes this.
    05-17-2013 08:12 AM
    I currently have the Note 2. Have had it since the beginning of the year. The s-pen, while pretty awesome, is not something I use on a regular basis. At first I was goofing around with it and trying all the features and it really is nice. But when it came to real world usage and what I use my phone for every day I rarely use it. The only time I can think of when I use it is to write down a grocery list and that is maybe once a month. Yes having a large screen is nice but after five months of use I have come to the determination that is is just too big for me. I would rather trade down in screen size to get something that is easier to use with one hand, lighter and more pocketable. Honestly I have been waiting for the S4 to come out on Verizon for awhile now as I was ready to swap the Note 2 a month or two ago....the size is just getting too me. I was in a store recently and held an S4 next to my note 2 and at that point I was definitely sold on getting the S4. The S4 won't have as good of a battery life since the Note 2 has a massive battery but that is not a big deal to me personally. It's just becoming kind of a chore to lug around the massive Note 2. Again this is just my opinion and I know others absolutely love the Note 2 but when I take into account how I use my phone on a daily basis the S4 is definitely the choice for me. Hope this helps.
    I also own the Note 2 and these are my exact feelings ^^ lindseybp must have read my mind.
    As soon as I get the S4 my Note 2 will be heading to eBay.
    steveinil likes this.
    05-17-2013 08:26 AM
    yeah thats kinda what im thinking too the screen size is definatly nice but man i am a diesel mechanic and its in my pocket all day long so may be in issue. and ok on the reselution didnt think about it as far as zooming in on things good call.
    is the S4 in stores yet? i was in a verizon store wed and they didnt have one or were you in a different store att or tmobile? i assume the phones will be a little different sofwere wise from carrier to carrier but basicly the same lol
    and yes that helped once i get them side by side in the store it will be easier to decide too im sure. also being a mechanic i pretty much always have a case on my phone and that will make the note even that much bigger not sure i would like the flip case i like the idea of it but seems like a pain in the **** to open every time i get a text or whatever
    05-17-2013 09:09 AM
    yeah thats kinda what im thinking too the screen size is definatly nice but man i am a diesel mechanic and its in my pocket all day long so may be in issue. and ok on the reselution didnt think about it as far as zooming in on things good call.
    is the S4 in stores yet? i was in a verizon store wed and they didnt have one or were you in a different store att or tmobile? i assume the phones will be a little different sofwere wise from carrier to carrier but basicly the same lol
    and yes that helped once i get them side by side in the store it will be easier to decide too im sure. also being a mechanic i pretty much always have a case on my phone and that will make the note even that much bigger not sure i would like the flip case i like the idea of it but seems like a pain in the **** to open every time i get a text or whatever
    I went to Best Buy and looked at an AT&T version. They are essentially the same size, etc. as the verizon one will be so I figured it was a valid comparison. I imagine if you put a good case on a Note 2, like an otterbox or something, it would be massive. I used to have an S3 with an Otterbox commuter case and it was much more manageable so I think the S4 with a good case won't be bad at all.
    05-17-2013 09:31 AM
    I went to Best Buy and looked at an AT&T version. They are essentially the same size, etc. as the verizon one will be so I figured it was a valid comparison. I imagine if you put a good case on a Note 2, like an otterbox or something, it would be massive. I used to have an S3 with an Otterbox commuter case and it was much more manageable so I think the S4 with a good case won't be bad at all.

ok cool i was thinking about doing the same thing at best buy cool. now the s4 is the same size as the s3 right but the screeen is a little bigger like 1/8 of an inch or soemthing like 4.9 and 5.0? either way im going on the 23rd to verizen when they open and making my decision... right now i am useing a driod pro and its killing very hard to read texts lol my GN the charging port took a crap so had to go to the pro works but wow... lol
    05-17-2013 12:52 PM
    ok cool i was thinking about doing the same thing at best buy cool. now the s4 is the same size as the s3 right but the screeen is a little bigger like 1/8 of an inch or soemthing like 4.9 and 5.0? either way im going on the 23rd to verizen when they open and making my decision... right now i am useing a driod pro and its killing very hard to read texts lol my GN the charging port took a crap so had to go to the pro works but wow... lol
    yeah I believe the screen on the S4 is 4.99" and the S3 is 4.8" so just a little bit bigger. The S4 is a teeny tiny bit lighter than the s4 but you would never know the difference as it's something like a .03 gram difference. The S4 is actually a tiny bit narrower and thinner than the S3 also. I think you're making the right decision to go to the verizon store on the 23rd and to look and decide. Sound like you need a better phone asap!
    05-17-2013 01:01 PM
    yeah I believe the screen on the S4 is 4.99" and the S3 is 4.8" so just a little bit bigger. The S4 is a teeny tiny bit lighter than the s4 but you would never know the difference as it's something like a .03 gram difference. The S4 is actually a tiny bit narrower and thinner than the S3 also. I think you're making the right decision to go to the verizon store on the 23rd and to look and decide. Sound like you need a better phone asap!
    yeah this one is driving me nuts the I button doesnt work all the time and just hard to read and the buttons are too small for my thumbs lol but its better than nothign for sure i have a corporate store about 15 min from where i work it opens at 10 and i go to lunch at 1030 but can move it up to 10 then make the run lol
    05-17-2013 03:44 PM
    does the S4 have a notification led?
    05-20-2013 08:37 AM
    google was my friend lol i should have looked before i asked yep looks like it does..
    05-20-2013 08:39 AM
    does the S4 have a notification led?
    Yes !
    05-20-2013 08:40 AM