05-29-2013 06:16 PM
330 ... 1011121314
tools
    Fedex delivered. Activated fine. Sorry to all having trouble. My experience couldn't have been faster, easier, better (Newegg/Simplexity). Happy with purchase and deal. Hope everyone has theirs soon enough to enjoy.
    05-24-2013 10:47 AM
    Fedex delivered. Activated fine. Sorry to all having trouble. My experience couldn't have been faster, easier, better (Newegg/Simplexity). Happy with purchase and deal. Hope everyone has theirs soon enough to enjoy.
    Did it require a signature for delivery?
    05-24-2013 11:02 AM
    Did it require a signature for delivery?
    We received it at work and they always require signatures from a business. So can't help you with home delivery question.
    05-24-2013 11:09 AM
    We received it at work and they always require signatures from a business. So can't help you with home delivery question.
    I just got a notification that it got delivered without the signature. Thanks1
    05-24-2013 11:12 AM
    Good to know. I was worried about signature. Usually FedEx arrives here close to 5 but tracking says 3. I might be gone then. Can't wait for this package.

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...
    05-24-2013 11:14 AM
    I just got a notification that it got delivered without the signature. Thanks1
    I wanted to say the fedex detailed tracking info said No for signature required earlier, but couldn't check since it was already delivered.
    05-24-2013 11:19 AM
    Did it come with a new sim? My current sim won't fit in the S4 and I don't know if I'm going to have to go get one from a Verizon store.
    05-24-2013 11:27 AM
    Did you activate through newegg? Wondering why they insist that it must be activated through them and not Verizon. Come with sim card?
    05-24-2013 11:48 AM
    Mine is waiting for me at home. I am going to attempt to activate thru verizon online as i ordered it using my wife's upgrade but I am taking it to keep my unlimited data. Will report back with results.
    05-24-2013 12:09 PM
    Mine had a SIM. Also I did Simplexity activation link just because I knew it was there. Worked fine. Don't know if doing it another way works/is suggested.

Mine is waiting for me at home. I am going to attempt to activate thru verizon online as i ordered it using my wife's upgrade but I am taking it to keep my unlimited data. Will report back with results.
    I did the same thing, the upgrade I used was for another line and I wanted to keep unlimited data. After I activated with simplexity, I went to verizon online. Picked switch or activate device. Then I just swapped the two devices to have the sgs4 on my line and still have unlimited. Kind of cool there is actually a plain, swap devices from two lines option.
    05-24-2013 12:18 PM
    I called Newegg yesterday and they said it comes with a sim card. The reason we were wondering is because when we priced everything out through Verizon, they had a popup warning message saying that our current's phone sim card was not compatible with the S4 and that we would have to pay $30 for a new sim card. If this is true, then by ordering through newegg we saved an additional $60 (for two phones- on top of the $80 we already saved initially).

So far we haven't had any problems. Ordered the phone last Sunday and it is out for delivery now. I think the key thing was calling Newegg customer support to check on the status of our order... when we called they changed our status immediately and said it would ship that day. If we hadn't called, I think we would be waiting until after memorial day to receive our phones.

edit: just received phones. they came with the sim cards.
    05-24-2013 12:26 PM
    Mine had a SIM. Also I did Simplexity activation link just because I knew it was there. Worked fine. Don't know if doing it another way works/is suggested.

I did the same thing, the upgrade I used was for another line and I wanted to keep unlimited data. After I activated with simplexity, I went to verizon online. Picked switch or activate device. Then I just swapped the two devices to have the sgs4 on my line and still have unlimited. Kind of cool there is actually a plain, swap devices from two lines option.
    So you just activated the line that had the upgrade (through simplexity) then went to Verizon and switched that phone onto your line?
    05-24-2013 12:56 PM
    So you just activated the line that had the upgrade (through simplexity) then went to Verizon and switched that phone onto your line?
    Exactly
    05-24-2013 01:02 PM
    Anyone know if they are doing Saturday deliveries? My order got cleared up and just shipped today. I know Fed-Ex does through some of their services, but knowing these were next business day shippings, I wouldn't think so
    05-24-2013 01:43 PM
    Anyone know if they are doing Saturday deliveries? My order got cleared up and just shipped today. I know Fed-Ex does through some of their services, but knowing these were next business day shippings, I wouldn't think so
    Just going to have to wait and see what fedex tracking page tells you.
    05-24-2013 01:49 PM
    well if you go by their word, we will get them tomorrow. i had them assure this to me yesterday and today but they also told me all day yesterday it would ship. they said the same today but the difference is now i do have a tracking number. i'll just have to wait for it to get into Fedex's system and see when they have the delivery listed as.
    05-24-2013 01:50 PM
    Exactly
    Did the original line already have data on it? I just ask because the main reason I ordered through Verizon instead was because some of the third party retailers charge a bunch of money if you discontinue the data. If they don't do that then next time I might try ordering through Newegg.

Also, the Verizon version came with a sim card too and it was free of charge so I don't think they would have charged for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-24-2013 02:08 PM
    well my tracking number went live. estimated delivery: tuesday. suffice to say, i am pretty angry. if they were honest and upfront from the beginning i wouldn't care as much. but they clearly weren't.
    05-24-2013 02:27 PM
    well my tracking number went live. estimated delivery: tuesday. suffice to say, i am pretty angry. if they were honest and upfront from the beginning i wouldn't care as much. but they clearly weren't.
    Both mine are the same way (some reason the 2 I ordered shipped separately)
    05-24-2013 02:46 PM
    What is the deal with the yellow sheet of paper in the box?

Part of it reads...

you agree to pay $200 ($400 for smartphones....) ..if services you purchased were suspended, deactivated or disconnected. Please note some of the reasons your carrier may notify us of a deactivations include if..

You TRANSFER EQUIPMENT we activate on one line to another carrier line, even within the same account.

WTF? This is scary stuff, seems I can't do whatever I damn well please with my own phone. I'll try to post the whole text, don't feel like typing it all.
    05-24-2013 02:49 PM
    What is the deal with the yellow sheet of paper in the box?

Part of it reads...

you agree to pay $200 ($400 for smartphones....) ..if services you purchased were suspended, deactivated or disconnected. Please note some of the reasons your carrier may notify us of a deactivations include if..

You TRANSFER EQUIPMENT we activate on one line to another carrier line, even within the same account.

WTF? This is scary stuff, seems I can't do whatever I damn well please with my own phone. I'll try to post the whole text, don't feel like typing it all.
    You TRANSFER EQUIPMENT we activate on one line to another carrier line, even within the same account?? Not sure that makes sense, if it is on another carrier line how could it be within the same account? I am also worried about some of their penalties
    05-24-2013 02:56 PM
    Exactly
    Does Simplexity have a fee or penalty they charge if we do that?
    05-24-2013 02:57 PM
    You TRANSFER EQUIPMENT we activate on one line to another carrier line, even within the same account?? Not sure that makes sense, if it is on another carrier line how could it be within the same account? I am also worried about some of their penalties
    I take that to mean another "carrier line" not "another carrier" line. I'd like to see then try to hit me for $400 when I transfer the phone to another line.
    05-24-2013 03:03 PM
    My account has 3 carrier lines, I think that's what they mean. A different line, even if it's on the same account. An this answers my question. I'm glad I went through Verizon because I transferred my upgrade to a dumb phone and then switched the S4 to my line after activation. Simplexity would have charged me that 400 for doing that. They don't get paid unless you keep everything the same for like 181 days I believe.

05-24-2013 03:05 PM
    I take that to mean another "carrier line" not "another carrier" line. I'd like to see then try to hit me for $400 when I transfer the phone to another line.
    What you gonna do if they do?

05-24-2013 03:07 PM
330 ... 1011121314