05-29-2013 05:16 PM
330 1234 ...
tools
    A day before makes sense which mean Wed. The ones that are checking quite often I do understand the desire and antispiation of waiting for your phone. I'm in the same boat in some ways. I know I'm getting one because of the contest but no more information is availible at this time until Verizon offically releases it. So take heart that you will be getting it before me LOL
    Anyone ordered from Wirefly / newegg / etc before? Do they normally ship on release day or to arrive on release day?
    05-20-2013 10:32 AM
    I preordered my Thunderbolt through Wirefly and I just checked my email history and it look like I received the Verizon approval/processing email the day before the official launch day and it was shipped on the actually launch day (3/17/11). I imagine this would be the same type of situation here. It would be nice if they shipped early to arrive on the 23rd though.
    05-20-2013 01:15 PM
    I preordered my Thunderbolt through Wirefly and I just checked my email history and it look like I received the Verizon approval/processing email the day before the official launch day and it was shipped on the actually launch day (3/17/11). I imagine this would be the same type of situation here. It would be nice if they shipped early to arrive on the 23rd though.
    Does anybody remember if Verizon started shipping the Thunderbolt before its official launch date?
    05-20-2013 01:31 PM
    Does anybody remember if Verizon started shipping the Thunderbolt before its official launch date?
    I bought a thunderbolt in store on launch day.
    05-20-2013 01:57 PM
    Did a quick chat with them yesterday. No updates :/ They said it is supposed to ship the day it becomes available so hopefully on the 23rd. If it doesn't ship by the 24th I'll probably go buy in rhode island or something where i can skip sales tax.

Whoever I talked to on chat claimed they had 1600 preorders to fulfill so far.
    05-21-2013 08:31 AM
    Did a quick chat with them yesterday. No updates :/ They said it is supposed to ship the day it becomes available so hopefully on the 23rd. If it doesn't ship by the 24th I'll probably go buy in rhode island or something where i can skip sales tax.

Whoever I talked to on chat claimed they had 1600 preorders to fulfill so far.
    That's not very many preorders. You'd think they'd be able to send them all out right away.
    05-21-2013 08:58 AM
    I preordered through Newegg. Did a live chat yesterday as well (12:00ish EDT). The rep I spoke with said they had 850 preorders and they would all be shipped at the same time. I also asked if they're typically ship on carrier release day and he said no. It was definitely an off-shore rep, so there may have been some problems with the language barrier.
    05-21-2013 09:17 AM
    I preordered through Newegg. Did a live chat yesterday as well (12:00ish EDT). The rep I spoke with said they had 850 preorders and they would all be shipped at the same time. I also asked if they're typically ship on carrier release day and he said no. It was definitely an off-shore rep, so there may have been some problems with the language barrier.

I hope by his no, he meant it ships a day earlier
    05-21-2013 09:47 AM
    I hope by his no, he meant it ships a day earlier
    Haha. I hope so, but my order is still stuck on "Waiting on Carrier Approval", so it doesn't look too likely.
    05-21-2013 10:01 AM
    I read somewhere, I can't remember if it was here or another forum. That people who ordered with Simplexity on previous phones were stuck on the "waiting carrier approval" until the day before. Then all of a sudden they shipped. What makes me nervous about it shipping out later than Thursday is that I'll be out of town Saturday through the next Thursday so I'll miss it.
    05-21-2013 10:07 AM
    We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. If my order hasn't changed by Thursday, I may cancel and go to Costco ($199+tax) or Amazon (not published yet, but Prime will give it to me next day for $4). My impatience is worth $40 if need be.
    05-21-2013 10:40 AM
    Was searching for some simplexity information since I ordered from staples for $180. Glad I did, just ordered from newegg for the better deal. Thanks guys
    05-21-2013 10:45 AM
    Haha. I hope so, but my order is still stuck on "Waiting on Carrier Approval", so it doesn't look too likely.
    My order has not changed from "order received" since I placed the order two weeks ago. Do we have to call to get the ball rolling on Carrier Approval?
    05-21-2013 10:59 AM
    We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. If my order hasn't changed by Thursday, I may cancel and go to Costco ($199+tax) or Amazon (not published yet, but Prime will give it to me next day for $4). My impatience is worth $40 if need be.
    Amazon used to be Simplexity also. Are they running their own store again now? I noticed it said "wireless.amazon.com has moved"

- - - Updated - - -

That's not very many preorders. You'd think they'd be able to send them all out right away.
    It's really not. I was kind of surprised they volunteered those numbers at all.
    05-21-2013 11:34 AM
    Amazon used to be Simplexity also. Are they running their own store again now? I noticed it said "wireless.amazon.com has moved"
    The Amazon page for the AT&T version says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"
    05-21-2013 11:47 AM
    I had this correspondence with a Newegg rep on Sunday.

Me o you know when my info will be sent to Verizon for approval? Right now it is just sitting in 'Order Received' status. Also, do you know if the phone will ship by or before the 5/23 release date?

Newegg Rep:Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I understand your concern completely. According to the order details the requested phone is scheduled to be launch on 5/23/2013. Once the device would be available in our distribution center then only we would be able to process the order further for shipment. I would suggest you to wait till 5/23/2013 to get the next update on the order.

All in all not sounding like anything before 5/23.
    05-21-2013 01:27 PM
    The Amazon page for the AT&T version says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"
    My father in law bought an S3 from Amazon about 2 months ago and back then it was still simplexity.
    05-21-2013 01:35 PM
    My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.
    05-21-2013 03:21 PM
    I just talked to someone from WireFly chat support and according to him the phones will be shipping Friday (May 24th). That's sort of disappointing to me as I am going out of town for a few weeks Saturday and I was hoping to have it before I left. I may end up cancelling my order and trying to get one in-store on Thursday.
    05-21-2013 03:29 PM
    My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.
    Re ally gonna check mine
    05-21-2013 03:50 PM
    No charge yet
    05-21-2013 03:52 PM
    I just talked to someone from WireFly chat support and according to him the phones will be shipping Friday (May 24th). That's sort of disappointing to me as I am going out of town for a few weeks Saturday and I was hoping to have it before I left. I may end up cancelling my order and trying to get one in-store on Thursday.
    That is disappointing, I too am leaving out of town on Saturday. Luckily I will be driving, so I can potentially delay what time I leave at if there is an expected delivery on Saturday.

And no CC charges yet for me either.
    05-21-2013 05:08 PM
    That is disappointing, I too am leaving out of town on Saturday. Luckily I will be driving, so I can potentially delay what time I leave at if there is an expected delivery on Saturday.

And no CC charges yet for me either.
    I need to be on a plane at around 6 AM so I don't think that's really an option for me.
    05-21-2013 05:27 PM
    I would think Newegg would get their supply on the 23rd and ship the 24th. FedEx normally does not deliver on Saturdays unless you opt to pay more. One business day would put it on target for a Monday delivery. Maybe some folks will get lucky and get theirs Saturday.....
    05-21-2013 05:33 PM
    I would think Newegg would get their supply on the 23rd and ship the 24th. FedEx normally does not deliver on Saturdays unless you opt to pay more. One business day would put it on target for a Monday delivery. Maybe some folks will get lucky and get theirs Saturday.....
    The representative who I spoke to was adamant that they would take around 24 hours to get the shipments out and receive them on Thursday which would put the shipping date as Friday. I was under the impression (based solely on researching past preorders through Simplexity based companies) that it would ship the day before it was available in stores.
    05-21-2013 05:45 PM
330 1234 ...