05-29-2013 05:16 PM
330 12345 ...
tools
    People that prep ordered from Verizon seem to be getting there's early. I'm fine with waiting an extra day seeing I saved money from newegg. I never pre ordered thru these sites. Mine is just sitting on payment received with carrier approval next empty. This what everyone else's says?

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...
    05-21-2013 05:57 PM
    Does FedEx deliver memorial day?
    05-21-2013 06:05 PM
    Does FedEx deliver memorial day?
    FedEx Home Delivery is listed as: Closed for both Monday, May 27th and Monday, May 28th. I completely forgot that Monday was a Holiday. All moving services are also listed as Closed for Monday, May 27th (such as FedEx Freight).

Source: Holiday Schedule - Holiday Hours
    05-21-2013 06:08 PM
    Pre-ordered my S4 though newegg, still sitting with one check on order recived hope it gets passed the carrier approval by tomorrow would be nice to have it before the weekend.
    05-21-2013 06:21 PM
    I would think Newegg would get their supply on the 23rd and ship the 24th. FedEx normally does not deliver on Saturdays unless you opt to pay more. One business day would put it on target for a Monday delivery. Maybe some folks will get lucky and get theirs Saturday.....
    According to this, FedEx does provide Saturday Delivery w/ FedEx overnight and 2 day deliveries. Looks like maybe even FedEx Home Delivery too.
    05-21-2013 06:30 PM
    According to this, FedEx does provide Saturday Delivery w/ FedEx overnight and 2 day deliveries. Looks like maybe even FedEx Home Delivery too.
    According to this paragraph: "FedEx Home Delivery serves 100 percent of residential addresses even on Saturdays (at no additional charge) and evenings, and is supported by a money-back guarantee.*" you're correct. I wasn't aware of that, I know that UPS charges extra for Saturday delivery.
    05-21-2013 06:45 PM
    Yes FedEx does a normal level of service for Saturday for a minimal extra fee as opposed to UPS. BUT!!! Don't get your hopes up especially with them making the business day distinction in the freight info on order "Next Business Day FedEx Shipping." We will have to wait and see, but don't count on Saturday and keep your hopes reasonable.
    05-21-2013 06:56 PM
    Yes FedEx does a normal level of service for Saturday for a minimal extra fee as opposed to UPS. BUT!!! Don't get your hopes up especially with them making the business day distinction in the freight info on order "Next Business Day FedEx Shipping." We will have to wait and see, but don't count on Saturday and keep your hopes reasonable.
    I ended up paying $12 more for an upgrade to Next Business Day Shipping (ordered from WireFly) a couple minutes ago. If my wife ends up shipping me the phone while I'm out of stay it probably would have ended up costing that much additionally and at least there is some chance that I'll get my phone before I have to leave. I just wish there was some consistency between reps, one says that they're shipping Thursday, another says Wednesday, some say Friday, it's really hard to tell at the moment.
    05-21-2013 07:09 PM
    The representative who I spoke to was adamant that they would take around 24 hours to get the shipments out and receive them on Thursday which would put the shipping date as Friday. I was under the impression (based solely on researching past preorders through Simplexity based companies) that it would ship the day before it was available in stores.
    I saw where they posted they won't ship until after Verizon officially releases them. I am assuming they don't get their stock prior to release due to when they will ship.
    I am Fake Jesus likes this.
    05-21-2013 07:14 PM
    I saw where they posted they won't ship until after Verizon officially releases them. I am assuming they don't get their stock prior to release due to when they will ship.
    meh. oh well. either way this release date is better than the original a week later. i can live with my galaxy nexus for a couple extra days if thats the case
    05-21-2013 07:30 PM
    Mine just changed from order received to carrier approval, looks like it's making progress! Maybe since Verizon is sending out to customers early that they may send to suppliers early also.
    05-22-2013 06:47 AM
    Mine just changed from order received to carrier approval, looks like it's making progress! Maybe since Verizon is sending out to customers early that they may send to suppliers early also.
    I just noticed the same thing on mine!
    05-22-2013 06:49 AM
    Same as everyone else. Within the past hour, Carrier Approval. No credit card charge yet.
    05-22-2013 07:08 AM
    Mine too. I wouldn't be surprised if they got their shipment from VZW (just like everyone else) and they get shipped out later today.
    05-22-2013 07:43 AM
    I'm here to keep hopes low. Expect delivery Tuesday because of the Holiday
    05-22-2013 07:46 AM
    I'm here to keep hopes low. Expect delivery Tuesday because of the Holiday
    Disagree, it's shipping tomorrow at the latest and since it's next day delivery, we'd get it on Friday.
    05-22-2013 08:10 AM
    Disagree, it's shipping tomorrow at the latest and since it's next day delivery, we'd get it on Friday.
    I'm being slightly sarcastic. Don't want it to end up being one day later than everyone starts expecting
    05-22-2013 08:12 AM
    Had carrier approval as of this morning. Still no CC charge yet. Here's to hoping for shipping tomorrow and working from home on Friday!
    05-22-2013 08:46 AM
    Had carrier approval as of this morning. Still no CC charge yet. Here's to hoping for shipping tomorrow and working from home on Friday!
    Just woke up, checked, and I have carrier approval on both orders today too. So I'm guessing it ships tomorrow. The site says that it'll ship within 24 hours of carrier approval, and (like we've always known) they ship on official launch date. Still no credit card charges though.
    05-22-2013 08:57 AM
    LIVE CHAT SESSION FOR NEWEGG ORDER:

Me: Will the device ship to me on 5/23?
    Radhe : Unfortunately, I can not assure about it at this moment, however, your order will be processed and package will be shipped within 24 hours once inventory will be available.

I think it is very likely we won't have the phone until Wednesday of next week because of Memorial Day. Check out the official 2013 FedEx Holiday Service Schedule. No "Home Delivery" the day after Memorial Day......
    www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/HolidaySchedule.pdf‎
    05-22-2013 08:58 AM

Radhe : Unfortunately, I can not assure about it at this moment, however, your order will be processed and package will be shipped within 24 hours once inventory will be available.

I think it is very likely we won't have the phone until Wednesday of next week because of Memorial Day. Check out the official 2013 FedEx Holiday Service Schedule. No "Home Delivery" the day after Memorial Day......
    Link's broken for me. Try this.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but assuming it's available for shipping tomorrow, and it ships Friday we should get them on Saturday with ovenight shipping. No?
    05-22-2013 10:09 AM
    Link's broken for me. Try this.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but assuming it's available for shipping tomorrow, and it ships Friday we should get them on Saturday with ovenight shipping. No?
    Newegg is labeling it as next "business" day shipping so I wouldn't expect a Saturday delivery for those.
    05-22-2013 10:10 AM
    I ordered through Wirefly (they actually beat Newegg's price and gave me free overnight shipping!) and my order changed to carrier approval status as well this morning.
    05-22-2013 10:14 AM

They have to say that in case there is some wierd issue. It's a cover your ***.

Anyone ordered from Wirefly before? Do they normally ship on release day?
    05-22-2013 10:26 AM
    Newegg is labeling it as next "business" day shipping so I wouldn't expect a Saturday delivery for those.
    Like I said, overly optimistic
    05-22-2013 10:34 AM
330 12345 ...