Simplexity Preorder Updates (wirefly / newegg / target / etc.)

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Not to rain on any people's parade but I have a feeling anyone that didn't order directly from Verizon won't get thiers shipped until Thursday as they wouldn't want to **** Verizon off and cause themselves a major issue and posibly a fine or loss of contract. this is just a guess though

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Not to rain on any people's parade but I have a feeling anyone that didn't order directly from Verizon won't get thiers shipped until Thursday as they wouldn't want to **** Verizon off and cause themselves a major issue and posibly a fine or loss of contract. this is just a guess though

Yeah, I don't expect it ship until Thursday (as all the places Simplexity sells) have the same "phone will ship on official verizon wireless launch date." But I'd love to see carrier approval and credit card charged at least a day before then so all that needs to happen on Thursday is them putting it in the box and handing it over to FedEx.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't expect it ship until Thursday (as all the places Simplexity sells) have the same "phone will ship on official verizon wireless launch date." But I'd love to see carrier approval and credit card charged at least a day before then so all that needs to happen on Thursday is them putting it in the box and handing it over to FedEx.

A day before makes sense which mean Wed. The ones that are checking quite often I do understand the desire and antispiation of waiting for your phone. I'm in the same boat in some ways. I know I'm getting one because of the contest but no more information is availible at this time until Verizon offically releases it. So take heart that you will be getting it before me LOL

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
A day before makes sense which mean Wed. The ones that are checking quite often I do understand the desire and antispiation of waiting for your phone. I'm in the same boat in some ways. I know I'm getting one because of the contest but no more information is availible at this time until Verizon offically releases it. So take heart that you will be getting it before me LOL

My guess is that they ship it Wednesday and since it's supposed to be overnight shipping, we'll get it Thursday.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Anyone ordered from Wirefly / newegg / etc before? Do they normally ship on release day or to arrive on release day?

jocoze

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I preordered my Thunderbolt through Wirefly and I just checked my email history and it look like I received the Verizon approval/processing email the day before the official launch day and it was shipped on the actually launch day (3/17/11). I imagine this would be the same type of situation here. It would be nice if they shipped early to arrive on the 23rd though.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I preordered my Thunderbolt through Wirefly and I just checked my email history and it look like I received the Verizon approval/processing email the day before the official launch day and it was shipped on the actually launch day (3/17/11). I imagine this would be the same type of situation here. It would be nice if they shipped early to arrive on the 23rd though.

Does anybody remember if Verizon started shipping the Thunderbolt before its official launch date?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Did a quick chat with them yesterday. No updates :/ They said it is supposed to ship the day it becomes available so hopefully on the 23rd. If it doesn't ship by the 24th I'll probably go buy in rhode island or something where i can skip sales tax.

Whoever I talked to on chat claimed they had 1600 preorders to fulfill so far.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Did a quick chat with them yesterday. No updates :/ They said it is supposed to ship the day it becomes available so hopefully on the 23rd. If it doesn't ship by the 24th I'll probably go buy in rhode island or something where i can skip sales tax.

Whoever I talked to on chat claimed they had 1600 preorders to fulfill so far.

That's not very many preorders. You'd think they'd be able to send them all out right away.

natethechamp

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I preordered through Newegg. Did a live chat yesterday as well (12:00ish EDT). The rep I spoke with said they had 850 preorders and they would all be shipped at the same time. I also asked if they're typically ship on carrier release day and he said no. It was definitely an off-shore rep, so there may have been some problems with the language barrier.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I preordered through Newegg. Did a live chat yesterday as well (12:00ish EDT). The rep I spoke with said they had 850 preorders and they would all be shipped at the same time. I also asked if they're typically ship on carrier release day and he said no. It was definitely an off-shore rep, so there may have been some problems with the language barrier.

I hope by his no, he meant it ships a day earlier :)

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere, I can't remember if it was here or another forum. That people who ordered with Simplexity on previous phones were stuck on the "waiting carrier approval" until the day before. Then all of a sudden they shipped. What makes me nervous about it shipping out later than Thursday is that I'll be out of town Saturday through the next Thursday so I'll miss it.

natethechamp

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. If my order hasn't changed by Thursday, I may cancel and go to Costco ($199+tax) or Amazon (not published yet, but Prime will give it to me next day for $4). My impatience is worth $40 if need be.

kittygetwet

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Was searching for some simplexity information since I ordered from staples for $180. Glad I did, just ordered from newegg for the better deal. Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. If my order hasn't changed by Thursday, I may cancel and go to Costco ($199+tax) or Amazon (not published yet, but Prime will give it to me next day for $4). My impatience is worth $40 if need be.

Amazon used to be Simplexity also. Are they running their own store again now? I noticed it said "wireless.amazon.com has moved"

- - - Updated - - -

That's not very many preorders. You'd think they'd be able to send them all out right away.

It's really not. I was kind of surprised they volunteered those numbers at all.