Simplexity Preorder Updates (wirefly / newegg / target / etc.)

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got an update of shipping going to be here at 3pm. Good thing I'm calling into work. Sucks I'm super sick. But yay s4

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
We should all cancel our orders and drive to a Verizon store. This company is a joke.

I'm headed there tonight. Only because I can't order through Simplexity again for another 60 days. I don't plan on ever ordering from them again. I'm not happy with the way they dealt with my order, especially the cancelling it after they supposedly tried contacting me AND for not allowing me to place another order for 2 months. Yes, I would've save $300 (I ordered 2 phones), but I refuse to wait the 2 months to give them money for royally messing up the first time.

I bought my phone through Amazon 2 years ago, and had no problems (wasn't it Simplexity then?)

a4000

May 22, 2012
Visit site
preordered on the 19th.
Got to validated via chat earlier today.
Several hours later status went all the way back to received.
Went back to chat and status went all the way back to validated and soon after shipped.
Updated with tracking, picked up by fedex at 7:17pm, estimated delivery tomorrow. Don't lose hope just yet.

jfred837

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my black S4 on the 18th, site says my order is validated and is "being boxed and reviewed by quality assurance." Said that since around 3pm today. Just got off chat though and the guy said it won't be shipping until tomorrow, and not delivered until next week :-\

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my black S4 on the 18th, site says my order is validated and is "being boxed and reviewed by quality assurance." Said that since around 3pm today. Just got off chat though and the guy said it won't be shipping until tomorrow, and not delivered until next week :-\

I got the same crap. It's so stupid that I ordered over three weeks ago, paid $20 for next business day shipping, and have been repeatedly asking them what is going on and yet I still won't be getting my phone for almost another week.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If ordering on new egg, does the s4 come with a sim card? If not, do I activate via new egg website first and buy the card from Verizon later? The instructions specifically say not to have your carrier activate your phone and activate with them via online chat when you receive your phone. I would think that you would need a sim card first....

I was wondering the same? Does anyone know why we cant activate through Verizon?

jocoze

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If ordering on new egg, does the s4 come with a sim card? If not, do I activate via new egg website first and buy the card from Verizon later? The instructions specifically say not to have your carrier activate your phone and activate with them via online chat when you receive your phone. I would think that you would need a sim card first....

I'm curious about this too. I know Verizon will give you a new sim if you need it (I don't think you have to buy it), but the message about having to activate through Simplexity made me wonder how that works too. I looked on Wirefly and most of their phones say they come with a sim, but the info for the S4 didn't mention a sim.

jawiler

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm headed there tonight. Only because I can't order through Simplexity again for another 60 days. I don't plan on ever ordering from them again. I'm not happy with the way they dealt with my order, especially the cancelling it after they supposedly tried contacting me AND for not allowing me to place another order for 2 months. Yes, I would've save $300 (I ordered 2 phones), but I refuse to wait the 2 months to give them money for royally messing up the first time.

I bought my phone through Amazon 2 years ago, and had no problems (wasn't it Simplexity then?)

I can't blame you, I think I'd do the same too. Sorry

cmv131

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this happen? Very strange..

Both my new phones were validated this afternoon. Got an email that 1 phone was good to go, but my line with unlimited data needed to be changed (I am OK with that, knew I was losing it anyway). Chat with support, verify everything is OK for them to drop me to 2GB. Got that taken care of, no problems. While doing that, my wifes phone just stopped working. Logged onto Verizons site to see if they activated the new phone and dropped her old one. Nope, that's not what happened, but close. Our account defaulted her phone back to her previous phone (LG Dare) that she got rid of 2 years ago.

I chat with Verizon support and get that switched back to her current phone (Pantech Breakout). Rep has no idea why that happened. While chatting my phone stops working. Refresh Verizon account and mine defaulted back to my previous phone (BB Storm). Kept chatting with the rep and got it changed back to my Bionic. Very odd... Checked online to activate a new phone on each line and the S4 shows up, so I know now at least it has actually cleared Verizon, though I am not banking it on shipping today now. Oh well, I will get it next week (which is still earlier than the 28th I thought I was actually due for an upgrade).

Other thing that happened when I had to verify my account change was now my 2 phones are split into 2 orders. So I could get my 2 phones at completely different times!

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I've ever been more angry with Customer Support people. Apparently they aren't going to be able to ship my phone, now, provided that I would have been able to cancel my order that wouldn't be too big of a deal, but:

Satcharan Negi: Unfortunately, it can not be cancelled at this point of time.
Roseanne Jones: Are you kidding me?
Roseanne Jones: I don't want to go through with this order

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It sucks it happened but at least you're able to get the S4's. Another reason not to deal with 3rd party re-sellers. You were able to cancel your order?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
They won't let me cancel my order for whatever reason. (They won't tell me why)

That's pure bs right there. Call your credit card company - they will reverse any pending charge. No way would I do business with a company that won't cancel an order and not tell me why.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It sucks it happened but at least you're able to get the S4's. Another reason not to deal with 3rd party re-sellers. You were able to cancel your order?

Apparently they managed to screw up my upgrade eligibility for Verizon so either I wait for this phone or don't get one at all.

You will be eligible on 05/23/2015 .

I wish I had known that there would be this many headaches caused by ordering through them, I would have just spent a little more money and got my phone way earlier.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Apparently they managed to screw up my upgrade eligibility for Verizon so either I wait for this phone or don't get one at all.

I wish I had known that there would be this many headaches caused by ordering through them, I would have just spent a little more money and got my phone way earlier.

Have you called Verizon to tell them what is going on? The upgrade eligibility date can be re-set as well. When is it supposed to ship???

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you called Verizon to tell them what is going on? The upgrade eligibility date can be re-set as well. When is it supposed to ship???

I've been on the phone with Wirefly support trying to convince them to fix it for me. They've told me that I'll receive it Monday at the earliest (which can't happen because it is a Holiday). They're still insisting that they won't and can't cancel my order at this time.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the phone with Wirefly support trying to convince them to fix it for me. They've told me that I'll receive it Monday at the earliest (which can't happen because it is a Holiday). They're still insisting that they won't and can't cancel my order at this time.

So why didn't it ship like some other orders have? And if you let the order stand as it is, you probably won't get it until Wednesday.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So why didn't it ship like some other orders have? And if you let the order stand as it is, you probably won't get it until Wednesday.

Every question I ask them just results in them beating around the bush. "Why hasn't my order been shipped yet?" "The phone was activated at 6:01 PM, it will ship within 24 hours"

Edit: Now I've been told that my case has been "escalated" and that I will be refunded $19.99 within 24 hours. I don't understand how that covers the cost of the phone or handles my ability to upgrade at all.