Sim question

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I currently use a Rezound and ordered the S4 by adding a line. Will activate that then switch to dumb phone. My rezound Sim is too big for the S4. Should I just go to VZW and get a new one or should I cut down the one from the rezound? I've been considering cutting it and getting an adapter if I want to switch back and forth.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will come with a sim, but for a new line (@9.99 a month on an old share plan). That sim will do me any good. It will have the new number on it. I want my unlimited plan line on it so I will need a new sim.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will come with a sim, but for a new line (@9.99 a month on an old share plan). That sim will do me any good. It will have the new number on it. I want my unlimited plan line on it so I will need a new sim.

You realize that $9.99 plan is really gonna cost you close to $17 or $18 a month, right? Gotta love all the fees! :D

Keep the SIM in your current device. Get a SIM for the S4 and they can do the swap so you keep your number. Pretty easy to do.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually I get a 15% discount on my plan so it's only about $13.50 and I have a line expiring next April that I can cancel. So I'll be getting the S4 for @$400 or less instead of $650.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually I get a 15% discount on my plan so it's only about $13.50 and I have a line expiring next April that I can cancel. So I'll be getting the S4 for @$400 or less instead of $650.
That would be $400 for the S4 plus the $13.50 a month for 24 month ($324.00)?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No. $199 for the s4 plus 13.50 for 12 months ($162). I am adding a fifth line, but only need 4. In a year I can cancel 1 contract as it will expire. They let you keep the old number on the newer line. So I am only payin an extra contract for 12 months not 24.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

A month ago got my wife a new phone on her son's line (limited) in the store, got home and right away put her son's phone back on his line and activated her new phone onto her unlimited line. Did this without changing the SIM card in the phone. Her phone has worked perfect and there has been no problems with either account/phone line. So I think having to change the SIM card is a thing of the past.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
A month ago got my wife a new phone on her son's line (limited) in the store, got home and right away put her son's phone back on his line and activated her new phone onto her unlimited line. Did this without changing the SIM card in the phone. Her phone has worked perfect and there has been no problems with either account/phone line. So I think having to change the SIM card is a thing of the past.

The Rezound has a bigger sized SIM card than the S4 - hence the reason/need for a new SIM card.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The S4 comes with a SIM card.

Tapatalk mofo
Thanks but you're not reading. I didn't order the s4 on my line. I added a line to get it and will activate a basic phone on that line and then use the s4 on my line. I already have a sim for my line on my current rezound. The rezound sim is the old big one. The s4 takes a micro sim. They are not the same. A regular sim can be cut down to size if your careful, or I can wait another day to go to verizon and have them activate a new one for me. But then I can't use the S4 for another day. It arrived today and is charging

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You can cut it but is it a 4g and is it nfc capable, I guess try it and you can always get a new one

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
A response from the man! I now have my 15 minutes :)
It is not NFC capable as it is from the Rezound, but I just worry if I screw it up, I'm without my line till I get to a vzw store tomorrow night. Decisions decisions.

Hind site is 20/20, but you could have picked one up today.....or yesterday....or the day before.....or....you get the idea. Lol.

I think I'd wait......:D

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but you're not reading. I didn't order the s4 on my line. I added a line to get it and will activate a basic phone on that line and then use the s4 on my line. I already have a sim for my line on my current rezound. The rezound sim is the old big one. The s4 takes a micro sim. They are not the same. A regular sim can be cut down to size if your careful, or I can wait another day to go to verizon and have them activate a new one for me. But then I can't use the S4 for another day. It arrived today and is charging

Oh I read everything, guess you didn't because you missed my point on my first post. You don't need a new SIM card. Since you ordered it on a new line in sure it came with a SIM right? All you have to do once you have deactivated the phone from the dummy line is activate it on your unlimited line. I did this when my wife got a new phone and switched it over. That was about a month ago and we have had no problems with either line that was used and she still had unlimited. You don't need a new SIM.

Tapatalk mofo

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I read everything, guess you didn't because you missed my point on my first post. You don't need a new SIM card. Since you ordered it on a new line in sure it came with a SIM right? All you have to do once you have deactivated the phone from the dummy line is activate it on your unlimited line. I did this when my wife got a new phone and switched it over. That was about a month ago and we have had no problems with either line that was used and she still had unlimited. You don't need a new SIM.

Tapatalk mofo

My bad man. Would love to know how to do that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad