Verizon's May 22nd Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
hummm yeah if they do that i may wait lol darn... depending on how long they give for a realese date if they give one

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
verizon tooting there own horn by letting the world know that there gs4 is getting released. but that would be great if they also announced a rugged version. i pre ordered mine today from new egg. i expect a htc one variant. but i doubt they would announce it day before gs4 release lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to make of this web site. If you read about the S4 through the link above, it says "There are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S4 release on Verizon on May 30th, which would give the carrier enough time to announce the device and start taking pre-orders." Are you serious? Where the heck has this guy been? Didn't Verizon themselves Tweet the May 30th date? And aren't they taking pre-orders? And we know orders have already shipped. SMH.

I'd personally like to see Verizon do away with contracts and offer a 32gb S4. :D

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to make of this web site. If you read about the S4 through the link above, it says "There are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S4 release on Verizon on May 30th, which would give the carrier enough time to announce the device and start taking pre-orders." Are you serious? Where the heck has this guy been? Didn't Verizon themselves Tweet the May 30th date? And aren't they taking pre-orders? And we know orders have already shipped. SMH.

I'd personally like to see Verizon do away with contracts and offer a 32gb S4. :D

You must have missed that article is from April 18th, over a month ago.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are going to announce their reduction of phone subsidies for 2014 or even the complete ending to the unlimited data. It will probably be nothing that is good for or helps the customer

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they are going to announce their reduction of phone subsidies for 2014 or even the complete ending to the unlimited data. It will probably be nothing that is good for or helps the customer

I think Verizon is going to let people keep their unlimited data if they want to. They have to like the fact that a person has to pay full retail in order to get a new phone and keep the unlimited.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think Verizon is going to let people keep their unlimited data if they want to. They have to like the fact that a person has to pay full retail in order to get a new phone and keep the unlimited.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

That's true BC if you do that you are basically surcharging yourself on a subsidy.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One on Verizon sounds plausible for an announcement tomorrow but for some reason I get the feeling there will be a bit more to it than that. The fact that there's a sale on the DNA could be as much of a coincidence as the release of the GS4 being moved up to this week. My suspicion is if it involves the GS4 or the HTC One (or both!), that it will also be announced concurrent to or be apart of a launch for an exclusive service, plan and/or network update. My suspicion is an expansion of the payment system (Isis) but that's just mere speculation on the fact the GS4 is shipping with a SIM card that has NFC.

I think it would be neat if they announced the One as the first VoLTE device (good bye CDMA radios) as to stand out from competing carriers. However, it's probably still too early for that.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope its the beginning of their Installment Plan. I talked to a CS rep the other day, was trying to get the GS4. All she said was it hasnt been started yet. Usually talking about things that hasnt been started yet gets met with "I dont know anything about that," etc. Verizon has been calling me trying to get me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I asked the last person about the installment plans and she said.....I dont know anything about that....you would need to contact another dept.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I hope its the beginning of their Installment Plan. I talked to a CS rep the other day, was trying to get the GS4. All she said was it hasnt been started yet. Usually talking about things that hasnt been started yet gets met with "I dont know anything about that," etc. Verizon has been calling me trying to get me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I asked the last person about the installment plans and she said.....I dont know anything about that....you would need to contact another dept.

Really?!?

I mean, I get emails every time a new phone comes out saying, "upgrade now!", but no one has ever called me and asked me to change plans.

Do you use a lot of data? Are they actually saying, "we'd like you to get rid of your unlimited plan" or do you mean that they just try to get you to upgrade your phone (and thus upgrade your plan in the process)?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have four phones with unlimited data on my family plan and I've never been asked to switch to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1