Verizon's May 22nd Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont think it will be an announcement ending unlimited data.
I'm thinking it may be about the HTC one as others have mentioned .
Either way todays the day we find out :)

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling that the Verizon announcement will be a let down....

Same. I'll be pissed if it's the HTC One. I'm done w/ HTC phones dying on me before a year (happened twice). I want a new phone... I want a stock Android phone on this carrier that won't cost a ton of money. I was hoping it would be a Nexus 4 w/ maybe some minor hardware improvements.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
All over but the crying HTC Droid 1. Loaded with DROID bloat and only available in 16 GB version. It's all over xda

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Same. I'll be pissed if it's the HTC One. I'm done w/ HTC phones dying on me before a year (happened twice). I want a new phone... I want a stock Android phone on this carrier that won't cost a ton of money. I was hoping it would be a Nexus 4 w/ maybe some minor hardware improvements.

That is simply not going to happen. Google tried working with Verizon with the Galaxy Nexus, but delays in updates infuriated users (and probably Google as well)...until Verizon allows *Google* to control the updates, I seriously doubt Verizon gets any more Nexus devices. Verizon was probably forced to make this concession for Apple since the iPhone is such a huge seller, but as long as the Galaxy S line and other non-nexus Android phones continue to sell, they don't really have incentive to cave into Google the same way.

Not necessarily stating fact, just my opinion.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That is simply not going to happen. Google tried working with Verizon with the Galaxy Nexus, but delays in updates infuriated users (and probably Google as well)...until Verizon allows *Google* to control the updates, I seriously doubt Verizon gets any more Nexus devices. Verizon was probably forced to make this concession for Apple since the iPhone is such a huge seller, but as long as the Galaxy S line and other non-nexus Android phones continue to sell, they don't really have incentive to cave into Google the same way.

Not necessarily stating fact, just my opinion.

And that makes complete sense..... shame too.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

If rumors are true, Motorola might deliver their X phone as a close to pure Android experience... but again, this is only a rumor since we have not seen this new X phone.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've posted this on other threads, but it may be worth repeating. VZW Corporate needs to hear from customers if there is any hope of affecting policy. Particularly from customers who have left VZW for another carrier and customers who are out of contract (and ready to switch).

You may initiate contact via their website

Leadership | Verizon Wireless | Verizon Wireless

Pick an executive, click "view profile", and look for the "contact" link at the end of the bio. I usually submit handset and service plan feedback to the Marketing division. You can reach Tami Erwin's office (Chief Marketing Officer) here

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting how many top HTC executives have left recently. My take - if Verizon doesn't carry HTC's flagship phone, regardless of the reason, HTC may have one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel. As much as I like the HTC One, the availability of long range support concerns me with a company that seems to be imploding.

andpaul657

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
if it's only 16GB I'll be buying an S4. 16GB is the reason I wouldn't even consider the DNA even though it was a great looking phone and performed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma