05-22-2013 06:50 PM
143 123 ...
tools
    What do you guys think it the announcement in 2 days? Hope it's not something that will totally upend my decision to purchase an S4.

Verizon Teases May 22nd Announcement: 5 Possibilities
    05-20-2013 09:49 AM
    It will the exclusive galaxy s4 active ... Hence the red and black colors...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    05-20-2013 01:36 PM
    It will the exclusive galaxy s4 active ... Hence the red and black colors...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That would be awesome. Would love the rugged version
    05-20-2013 03:01 PM
    hummm yeah if they do that i may wait lol darn... depending on how long they give for a realese date if they give one
    05-20-2013 04:43 PM
    verizon tooting there own horn by letting the world know that there gs4 is getting released. but that would be great if they also announced a rugged version. i pre ordered mine today from new egg. i expect a htc one variant. but i doubt they would announce it day before gs4 release lol
    05-20-2013 05:43 PM
    32GB version would be nice, but more likely the iPhone will dual boot Android happening than that.
    MERCDROID and Parafly like this.
    05-20-2013 06:00 PM
    I don't know what to make of this web site. If you read about the S4 through the link above, it says "There are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S4 release on Verizon on May 30th, which would give the carrier enough time to announce the device and start taking pre-orders." Are you serious? Where the heck has this guy been? Didn't Verizon themselves Tweet the May 30th date? And aren't they taking pre-orders? And we know orders have already shipped. SMH.

I'd personally like to see Verizon do away with contracts and offer a 32gb S4.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-20-2013 06:23 PM
    I don't know what to make of this web site. If you read about the S4 through the link above, it says "There are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S4 release on Verizon on May 30th, which would give the carrier enough time to announce the device and start taking pre-orders." Are you serious? Where the heck has this guy been? Didn't Verizon themselves Tweet the May 30th date? And aren't they taking pre-orders? And we know orders have already shipped. SMH.

I'd personally like to see Verizon do away with contracts and offer a 32gb S4.
    You must have missed that article is from April 18th, over a month ago.
    05-20-2013 07:18 PM
    You must have missed that article is from April 18th, over a month ago.
    Holy crap......Murphy strikes again.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    05-20-2013 08:21 PM
    Sorry probably should have posted the detail earlier in the op

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-20-2013 08:25 PM
    Maybe they are going to announce their reduction of phone subsidies for 2014 or even the complete ending to the unlimited data. It will probably be nothing that is good for or helps the customer
    jscarano likes this.
    05-20-2013 09:31 PM
    Maybe they are going to announce their reduction of phone subsidies for 2014 or even the complete ending to the unlimited data. It will probably be nothing that is good for or helps the customer
    I think Verizon is going to let people keep their unlimited data if they want to. They have to like the fact that a person has to pay full retail in order to get a new phone and keep the unlimited.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    05-20-2013 09:36 PM
    pretty sure its the announcement of the htc one on verizon. as of yesterday verizon is giving the DNA away for free

Verizon HTC One speculation returns as DROID DNA offer arrives - SlashGear
    05-21-2013 07:07 AM
    I think Verizon is going to let people keep their unlimited data if they want to. They have to like the fact that a person has to pay full retail in order to get a new phone and keep the unlimited.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    That's true BC if you do that you are basically surcharging yourself on a subsidy.
    05-21-2013 07:17 AM
    The HTC One on Verizon sounds plausible for an announcement tomorrow but for some reason I get the feeling there will be a bit more to it than that. The fact that there's a sale on the DNA could be as much of a coincidence as the release of the GS4 being moved up to this week. My suspicion is if it involves the GS4 or the HTC One (or both!), that it will also be announced concurrent to or be apart of a launch for an exclusive service, plan and/or network update. My suspicion is an expansion of the payment system (Isis) but that's just mere speculation on the fact the GS4 is shipping with a SIM card that has NFC.

I think it would be neat if they announced the One as the first VoLTE device (good bye CDMA radios) as to stand out from competing carriers. However, it's probably still too early for that.
    05-21-2013 07:38 AM
    I hope its the beginning of their Installment Plan. I talked to a CS rep the other day, was trying to get the GS4. All she said was it hasnt been started yet. Usually talking about things that hasnt been started yet gets met with "I dont know anything about that," etc. Verizon has been calling me trying to get me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I asked the last person about the installment plans and she said.....I dont know anything about that....you would need to contact another dept.
    05-21-2013 08:36 AM
    I hope its the beginning of their Installment Plan. I talked to a CS rep the other day, was trying to get the GS4. All she said was it hasnt been started yet. Usually talking about things that hasnt been started yet gets met with "I dont know anything about that," etc. Verizon has been calling me trying to get me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I asked the last person about the installment plans and she said.....I dont know anything about that....you would need to contact another dept.
    Really?!?

I mean, I get emails every time a new phone comes out saying, "upgrade now!", but no one has ever called me and asked me to change plans.

Do you use a lot of data? Are they actually saying, "we'd like you to get rid of your unlimited plan" or do you mean that they just try to get you to upgrade your phone (and thus upgrade your plan in the process)?
    05-21-2013 01:36 PM
    I have four phones with unlimited data on my family plan and I've never been asked to switch to something else.
    05-21-2013 01:39 PM
    Personally, I believe it will be a change to their data usage plans.
    05-21-2013 02:10 PM
    They will be announcing the DNA replacement phone.
    05-21-2013 02:42 PM
    They will be announcing the DNA replacement phone.
    Not sure if you're stating fact or speculation, however that is seems plausible. I kind of expected Verizon to get some version of the HTC One, albeit rebranded as a "Droid" of some kind.
    05-21-2013 03:21 PM
    Not sure if you're stating fact or speculation, however that is seems plausible. I kind of expected Verizon to get some version of the HTC One, albeit rebranded as a "Droid" of some kind.

Blackmanx posted about it last night, I consider him a pretty reliable source
    jroc likes this.
    05-21-2013 05:29 PM
    Really?!?

I mean, I get emails every time a new phone comes out saying, "upgrade now!", but no one has ever called me and asked me to change plans.

Do you use a lot of data? Are they actually saying, "we'd like you to get rid of your unlimited plan" or do you mean that they just try to get you to upgrade your phone (and thus upgrade your plan in the process)?
    Lol, I figured leaving out some details was gonna cause confusion. It would save me between $40 and $100 to go to the share plans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    05-21-2013 05:41 PM
    Device Payment Program FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    jroc likes this.
    05-21-2013 06:13 PM
    Also one of the reasons that the reps don't know that much about it is that its something for their brick and mortar stores as I understand it. One of the reps I was asking questions to was nice enough to find the fact sheets they are given but told me that I would need to do it through a retail chain and couldn't do it on the phone. Course at 12 months with like 700 including tax, you are looking at like 58 dollars a month added onto your bill. At that much I just balk at paying it monthly.
    jroc likes this.
    05-21-2013 06:29 PM
143 123 ...