I opened a dummy line to get the S4 for my wife then we were going to activate it on her plan so she can keep unlimited. The shipping email shows the phone and sim separately and the sim shows the new dummy line phone number. When I activate the S4 under her existing number and plan will the sim just reprogram or something? Or is it permanently programmed to this new number? I don't have much experience with Sim cards. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    05-20-2013 10:36 PM
    There is a universal sim reset at around 6-7 AM eastern time. You will have to wait until then to reactivate it on your wife's line. Or just go to your local Verizon store and they will give you another sim card for free.
    05-20-2013 10:41 PM
    Thanks, I wish the online rep told me that when they were helping me set up the new line and order the phone. I even told them I was activating it on her line.

What doesn't make sense though is I got my S3 through and upgrade on my wife's line last year and the sim that came with it activated under my number no problem. Did something change?

05-20-2013 10:47 PM
    Make sure you activate the S4 on the dummy line FIRST. Then activate a basic phone on the line to cancel the data plan. Then take it to VZW and get a new Sim for your line.
    05-20-2013 11:06 PM
    Thanks, I wish the online rep told me that when they were helping me set up the new line and order the phone. I even told them I was activating it on her line.

What doesn't make sense though is I got my S3 through and upgrade on my wife's line last year and the sim that came with it activated under my number no problem. Did something change?

I did the same thing about a month ago with a new phone for my wife, didn't have to change the SIM or wait a certain amount of time. If I was you I would just try doing what you did with the SIII.
    05-21-2013 05:44 PM
    That's what I'm going to try first. I'll call the sim activation number and explain what needs to be done before they do anything so I know if it can be done over the phone or if I need to bring it in.

05-21-2013 09:00 PM