Droid DNA to GS4

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am contemplating trading in my Droid DNA for the S4 tomorrow (within the 2 weeks return policy). Just have a few questions hoping I could get answers on...

How many gigs out of the 16 will I actually have available to use?

What is the best feature you find in the S4?

How long does the battery last for an average user?

How is the call quality and the speaker quality for music?

How well does the S-Health work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am contemplating trading in my Droid DNA for the S4 tomorrow (within the 2 weeks return policy). Just have a few questions hoping I could get answers on...

How many gigs out of the 16 will I actually have available to use?

What is the best feature you find in the S4?

How long does the battery last for an average user?

How is the call quality and the speaker quality for music?

How well does the S-Health work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

I take it you got the DNA free as they have for sale. They are phasing it out. If you don't need latest greatest an don't wanna spend $200 then enjoy. The DNA is a great phone. Just don't expect any further android version updates. As for the gs4. It is a more powerful device better camera etc. It is coming out this week as DNA has been out since last year. I had the thunderbolt which I consider DNA the thunderbolt 2. Battery life is decent I guess but I'm reading some great battery life from gs4. Speakers will prolly be good. HTC one which isn't on Verizon yet or ever maybe has now topped speakers. As for the features of gs4 most are gimmicky to me. I won't use most of them. S health looks good. There are plenty of health apps out there could be great. The phone has been thoroughly reviewed on tech sites an YouTube an reviews are your friends
Save money or get the latest greatest.

As for me I'm waiting for my gs4 to arrive.

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok,

I can give you some insight on some of your questions.

1. about 9.7 gb free but I am running none final software so knowing sammy and verizon I am sure that shipping has some extras
2. Camera is without a doubt one of the best features to me. I take alot of pics and while I carry the HTC ONE daily I took the GS4 on a recent trip and it did not disappoint.
3. I'm not an average user (about 2 gb of LTE data daily) and I don't use WIFI but I get about 6 hours of power using before its done, on comparison the DNA about 4.5. But as I said I am not a average user.
4. call quality is excellent with no issues, now the speakerphone is fine but for music I think I have been spoiled by the ONE as I find it a bit lacking and not as loud as the GS3 and the placement at the lower part means I have to shift my hand or block the speaker.
5. never used S-health, I'm pretty into the other health apps that I use and don't have any of the optional accessories to even bother to test it.

as for you thinking of returning the DNA I would more than likely do it. In terms of tech its a fine device if not a bit older compared to what is out right now. I would keep this in mind. Verizon is set to announce something on the 22nd that many are thinking it will be the follow-up to the DNA so if you dont need a device you may want to wait that out.

hope this helps..

Panda

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing some reading here and there trying to get more information. I been reading some reviews that indicate to just save my money and get the S3 bc spec wise it didn't change much. I don't need the latest and greatest. But one thing I am looking for is definitely a long term investment. The phone has to be able to hold out for 2 years with available updates. Since S3 user base is so big I will probably see updates as they come if I get it. Now I agree that potentially I will not see any further updates with the DNA. It has a small user group that is carrier specific so I might be out of luck if I don't switch. I read that S3 will be getting updates with apps that is available to the S4. Quite honestly I am thinking about just dishing $100 bucks and get the S3. Hardware wise I just need something that is somewhat current and smooth. All the other features such as the hover feature and all the eye thing I doubt I will ever use it. Suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing some reading here and there trying to get more information. I been reading some reviews that indicate to just save my money and get the S3 bc spec wise it didn't change much. I don't need the latest and greatest. But one thing I am looking for is definitely a long term investment. The phone has to be able to hold out for 2 years with available updates. Since S3 user base is so big I will probably see updates as they come if I get it. Now I agree that potentially I will not see any further updates with the DNA. It has a small user group that is carrier specific so I might be out of luck if I don't switch. I read that S3 will be getting updates with apps that is available to the S4. Quite honestly I am thinking about just dishing $100 bucks and get the S3. Hardware wise I just need something that is somewhat current and smooth. All the other features such as the hover feature and all the eye thing I doubt I will ever use it. Suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

I have a Droid DNA and I'll be making the slight jump to the GS4 (mainly because of the battery and camera). My opinion is if you plan on sticking with a phone for two years and aren't breaking the bank, then I'd get the latest tech available. The updates to display, processor, camera, and battery make the GS4 a potential worthwhile buy over the GS3 (I think) if you have the means. In terms of community support, I agree you can't go wrong with the GS3 or the GS4...they'll both have a large user base. It's actually another reason why I'm switching to the GS4.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as updates. HTC slacks IMO. I used to be fan boy like to HTC. Then my thunderbolt changed that. I know a lot of issues where also Verizon. Gs3 update just leaked brining 4.2 an gs4 features. I don't see that DNA getting any update. HTC is focused on the one now.

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith