Like most others, my order status did not change from Order Received since I ordered weeks ago. I contacted the live chat and asked them to look into my order status. The rep immediately contacted the "activation team" to process the order further/update the status of my order. Then the rep told me to refresh my order status page. The outcome is below. Why couldn't the system just update the status automatically?

EDIT: My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Newegg pre-order status: validated (updated by request)-newegg.jpg  
    05-21-2013 11:31 AM
    Did the rep say anything regarding when they'll ship?

I wonder if this was just to lock in the sale so you can't cancel if they miss the street date. I'm hesitant to push my order along if I can keep the option to cancel and go through another source to sate my impatience.
    05-21-2013 11:51 AM
    Did the rep say anything regarding when they'll ship?

I wonder if this was just to lock in the sale so you can't cancel if they miss the street date. I'm hesitant to push my order along if I can keep the option to cancel and go through another source to sate my impatience.
    The rep said they will have the phone in stock on 5/23 and it should ship on the same day. Ideally, we should have the phone in our hands by Friday with the one business day shipping.
    05-21-2013 11:53 AM
    The rep said they will have the phone in stock on 5/23 and it should ship on the same day. Ideally, we should have the phone in our hands by Friday with the one business day shipping.
    I can live with that. Thanks for the info!
    05-21-2013 11:55 AM
    Like most others, my order status did not change from Order Received since I ordered weeks ago. I contacted the live chat and asked them to look into my order status. The rep immediately contacted the "activation team" to process the order further/update the status of my order. Then the rep told me to refresh my order status page. The outcome is below. Why couldn't the system just update the status automatically?
    Thanks! I just did the same. How long did it take to update? The rep told me it takes at least 24 to validate everything.
    05-21-2013 12:21 PM
    Thanks! I just did the same. How long did it take to update? The rep told me it takes at least 24 to validate everything.
    The update was immediate. They had been telling me for several days that my order was already carrier approved. I just wanted to be reassured that this was true by having my online status reflect the most current information.
    05-21-2013 12:32 PM
    I tried to get them to validate mine and the guy kept telling me he couldn't do it.
    05-21-2013 01:57 PM
    I was so excited when my lunch hour came. Logged on to my work computer, however, the newegg chat client doesn't work here. Boo
    05-21-2013 02:23 PM
    I tried to get them to validate mine and the guy kept telling me he couldn't do it.
    They said the same thing to me and I sent them a link to this thread and they validated mine and was updated on the site in 20 minutes. I would try again.
    05-21-2013 02:41 PM
    They said the same thing to me and I sent them a link to this thread and they validated mine and was updated on the site in 20 minutes. I would try again.
    That is what I did !! Must have just gotten a crappy agent
    05-21-2013 03:55 PM
    That is what I did !! Must have just gotten a crappy agent
    OK i'm on with another guy. he is talking to the "activatio department"
    05-21-2013 04:08 PM
    New rep got it done. Yay!
    05-21-2013 04:25 PM

EDIT: My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.
    Does your order still say "One or more of the items you ordered may have a slight delay in shipping"? Mine still says that and have not received an email saying it will ship tomorrow.
    05-22-2013 11:28 PM
    Does your order still say "One or more of the items you ordered may have a slight delay in shipping"? Mine still says that and have not received an email saying it will ship tomorrow.
    Yes. It still says there may be a delay. Still looks exactly the same as in the pic.
    05-22-2013 11:45 PM
    Yes. It still says there may be a delay. Still looks exactly the same as in the pic.
    Where in your order does it say delay? I've checked my stuff, and don't see that. Just wondering if I'm blind and just can't see it.
    05-23-2013 12:24 AM
    Where in your order does it say delay? I've checked my stuff, and don't see that. Just wondering if I'm blind and just can't see it.
    I posted a screenshot in my first post. The delay is mentioned in blue letters. "One or more items....may have a slight delay...."
    05-23-2013 12:51 AM
    I posted a screenshot in my first post. The delay is mentioned in blue letters. "One or more items....may have a slight delay...."
    Oh duh. I don't know how i missed that. Mine still says "Pre-Order - Click for Details" where yours has the delay. I think yours probably said that there'd be a slight delay for shipping because they hadn't had inventory yet. They state that once the order is approved and charged that it usually ships within 24 hours, and since your cc was charged more than 24 hours before launch date it's just indicating it wouldn't be shipping within their usual time frame.
    05-23-2013 01:43 AM