SIM Initialization Failure

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I called that number to set up and called again after. Gonna head over to a local store in a few minutes.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked, Airplane Moded VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I went to a local store. They used my old SIM and it worked just fine.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked, Airplane Moded VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to a local store. They used my old SIM and it worked just fine.

Sim card are tied to numbers the sim that normally comes with it is tied to the upgaded or is a dummy if you paid full price.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Sim card are tied to numbers the sim that normally comes with it is tied to the upgaded or is a dummy if you paid full price.

This may have been true in the past but about a month ago my wife drowned her iPhone4, so we upgraded her son's line (limited) to a iPhone5 in the store. As soon as we got home I got online and put her son's phone back on his line and activated the new iPhone5 to her unlimited line without changing the SIM. Have had no problems with her phone or her account and she still has unlimited. So that one SIM card has now been activated on 2 different accounts/phone numbers.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

The phone is on the same line as the previous SIM no dummy line. I originally used my mother's upgrade for my Gnex and now used my own unused upgrade for the GS4 (at the cost of losing unlimited data).

The guys at the Verizon store said it's ok and online it states my upgrade date is now May 18, 2015.

I'm just paranoid because if this doesn't count as an upgrade I'd have to pay full price ?~?

Posted from my VZW Galaxy S4 via the Android Central App

Ravi Krishnaswamy

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Pl go to mobile network and select auto selection as your network mode as your Sim might not have been activated 4G services

In the meantime call your mobile (Sim ) operator and ask him in what mode the Sim will work

If you have used the Sim in another old phone and locked to that phone then also this error can come

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance