Now that you have your S4 how do you like it, pros/ cons

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
for the LED notifications, you can install LightFlow....

Yeah, have you actually tried it on the S4? I purchased it for my Galaxy Nexus a year or so ago and it worked great there (except for the battery drain). The S4 is practically unusuable. It either doesn't actually trigger the LED or it causes the phone to suddenly start reading text. it's a shame too because I love the idea of the app.

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, have you actually tried it on the S4? I purchased it for my Galaxy Nexus a year or so ago and it worked great there (except for the battery drain). The S4 is practically unusuable. It either doesn't actually trigger the LED or it causes the phone to suddenly start reading text. it's a shame too because I love the idea of the app.

Yes, I have Lightflow installed, and it works perfectly. I did turn off the stock LED notifications, to avoid any potential conflict.

Ike_Farmer

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
That not fully correct. they said you can but they are working with D-link to locate the problem.

Correct enough for me. Why can't samsung get their radios right!? Signal strength is weaker all around. Probably will return it and look for an alternative to Samsung. Their radio track record is abysmal.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Correct enough for me. Why can't samsung get their radios right!? Signal strength is weaker all around. Probably will return it and look for an alternative to Samsung. Their radio track record is abysmal.

Might not be a radio issue but an actual firmware issue... D-link is the only one that is having issues... means that it's not a radio incompatibility most likely.

Ike_Farmer

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Might not be a radio issue but an actual firmware issue... D-link is the only one that is having issues... means that it's not a radio incompatibility most likely.

My bad, should have clarified. I went off on another tangent about the mobile signal strength. It's pretty weak compared to iphone (work line) and DNA.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm hoping it's good, I won't find out until AC sends me mine so I'm looking at Monday at the soonest and when I die at the latest lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I love mine. I am actually very surprised. I bought the galaxy note 2 a few weeks prior and sold it. Not because it was bad just because it was to big but in was glad I didn't sell my iPhone 5. Now I get the galaxy s4 and I have already packaged it up to sell. This has been the first Android phone in a while to excite me. I'm glad to be back. Feels nice. This phone is outstanding. Fast, screen is excellent, camera is great, the whole package for me. :)

Beamed Via Samsung Galaxy S4

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I love it but theres 2 little issues i have. First theres no continuous scrolling through the home pages and such. And i can't seem to swipe right or left on a contact to call or message. Any ideas besides installing another launcher. My PimlicalA calendar wasn't working properly either. It kept freezing my screen and wouldn't let me select options in the calendar. It almost made the screen unusable in certain parts so i deleted it and installed Jorte. I almost made me think i had a faulty screen that didn't recognize touches or unresponsive to touches in certain areas of the screen. but it was only in the PimlicalA app. Shame too i like that app

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I love it but theres 2 little issues i have. First theres no continuous scrolling through the home pages and such. And i can't seem to swipe right or left on a contact to call or message. Any ideas besides installing another launcher. My PimlicalA calendar wasn't working properly either. It kept freezing my screen and wouldn't let me select options in the calendar. It almost made the screen unusable in certain parts so i deleted it and installed Jorte. I almost made me think i had a faulty screen that didn't recognize touches or unresponsive to touches in certain areas of the screen. but it was only in the PimlicalA app. Shame too i like that app

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Yeah as far as continuous scrolling that's a new launcher fix, but the swipe to call and text does work try staying in the middle of the contract, I had problems till I found the spot

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely love my new GS4. I had the Note 2 prior to this. Don't get me wrong the Note 2 is a beast and performs like a champ. But it was just too big for me. The size of the GS4 is perfect. Pains me to do it but I'm going to be selling my Note 2.