I have a feeling there is more to the story than just the $40 dollar difference in price tag for ordering through NewEgg vs. Direct from Verizon.

Can someone spell out what the cons are to going through NewEgg (Simplexity), if any. I did read that there is a ~$400 fee if you cancel your line within 180 days, but that's all I could tell.

Can someone enlighten me? I brought this up to a co-worker today and his answer was "I would always go through the carrier, is it really worth the $40 you saved to go through an online retailer and there is no brick-and-morter to go to for help."

Someone please calm my fears and tell me it's ok to go through NewEgg.
    05-21-2013 10:51 PM
    I have a feeling there is more to the story than just the $40 dollar difference in price tag for ordering through NewEgg vs. Direct from Verizon.

Can someone spell out what the cons are to going through NewEgg (Simplexity), if any. I did read that there is a ~$400 fee if you cancel your line within 180 days, but that's all I could tell.

Can someone enlighten me? I brought this up to a co-worker today and his answer was "I would always go through the carrier, is it really worth the $40 you saved to go through an online retailer and there is no brick-and-morter to go to for help."

Someone please calm my fears and tell me it's ok to go through NewEgg.
    It's Ok to go through NewEgg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2013 10:58 PM
    The last product I bought from new egg was not covered under warranty due to them not being an authorized reseller.

They refused a return, and I was stuck paying for repairs on one channel that went out two weeks after I bought it.

Needless to say, that was my last purchase from new egg.
    05-21-2013 11:01 PM
    The last product I bought from new egg was not covered under warranty due to them not being an authorized reseller.

They refused a return, and I was stuck paying for repairs on one channel that went out two weeks after I bought it.

Needless to say, that was my last purchase from new egg.

Thanks - But I read this under the terms and conditions:

"Orders for products and services are fulfilled by Simplexity, an authorized agent for Verizon Wireless"

So if I have a defect after the 14 days, does that mean that I can contact VZW for warranty repairs?
    05-21-2013 11:32 PM

"Orders for products and services are fulfilled by Simplexity, an authorized agent for Verizon Wireless"

So if I have a defect after the 14 days, does that mean that I can contact VZW for warranty repairs?
    I guess there shouldn't be a problem then.
    05-22-2013 12:17 AM
    I just ordered this phone from Newegg, so I can't say much about it. I did order my last phone from Amazon in 2011. I think it was still Simplexity back then too, and I didn't have any problems. At the time I'd purchased it for about $70 cheaper than VZW was selling it for.
    05-22-2013 12:18 AM
    It's Ok to go through NewEgg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Rotflmao.
    05-22-2013 03:23 PM
    Simply type in NewEgg reviews.
    If you have to ask maybe stick to the 7 or 8 well known places instead if gambling on a plaxe called NewEgg to get a cellphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 03:25 PM
    read the fine print, I know some sites like that you have to keep the phone on the line 6 months or something, otherwise you are forced to pay a fee to them so I would just read through and make sure that is not the case, just in case you decided to get rid of it before that time was up.
    05-22-2013 05:46 PM

I spoke to two different Verizon reps and they both said after the 14 days if there is anything wrong with the phone I contact them (Verizon). Also warranty can still be through Verizon if its lost or damaged.
    05-22-2013 06:24 PM
    That's true.
    05-22-2013 08:15 PM