4G LTE symbol and WIFI symbol both displaying when on WIFI

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying. When on WIFI, the 4GLTE is still displayed in the status bar alongside the WIFI symbol. In the next update, I hope this gets fixed, as it's rather annoying, and takes up precious status bar space when in WIFI.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Go in to application manager and disable the caller name id app. I did that and its been gone the entire time. It requires a constant connection to verizons data but only uses it when a call comes in.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Go in to application manager and disable the caller name id app. I did that and its been gone the entire time. It requires a constant connection to verizons data but only uses it when a call comes in.

This worked for me, thanks!

Will disabling it have any effect on the phone? What exactly does it do?

gamebird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem but don't have the "Caller Name ID" app in my app list. It appears I'm using data while on wifi. manually turning off data every time i'm on wifi is NOT an option.

UPDATE: Just spoke with Verizon...note the icons in your notification bar: if the WIFI shows the yellow arrow under it, it actively in use - the 4G one is available but not in use. WIFI trumps and negates 4G while in use. I am checking my 4G data closely for a month to verify.

Last edited:

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have this problem but don't have the "Caller Name ID" app in my app list. It appears I'm using data while on wifi. manually turning off data every time i'm on wifi is NOT an option.
Make sure you scroll over to all applications and not just the downloaded ones.

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You can actually uninstall the app which is what I just did. The service is only free for a few days then they want you to pay for it monthly!!!!

TreeSpooner

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I've only had by S4 for 5 days and received it at the beginning of a new billing cycle. Even though I have been home and using Wifi 99% of the time, I still managed to burn through 30% of my data plan. I realized both my Wifi and 4g were on at the same time and apps were using the data plan when they had no reason to. I spent at least 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and they didn't believe me that this was happening! Anyway long story short, they told me to disable mobile data while I am on wifi and I told them that was just a work around and I wanted a fix. They told me to delete two of the largest offending apps and see if it is the apps or actually the phone. Anyway I stumbled across this post and disabled the caller id app and the 4g signal went away! I really hope this is my fix b/c I don't want to spend another 2 hours on the phone with Verizon! Thanks :)

David Malcomess

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I can't work out if my Samsung gs4 is using 4g.. I haven't seen anything on the status bar yet. What should I expect (or do)?? Recently got 4g prepaid access.

bwun

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
My "Caller Name ID" process was not running in the default view Downloaded devices. I had to scroll over to the Running applications to find the "Caller Name ID" app.

Disabling this app did stop my 4G symbol from displaying. I should have left it running as I wonder if it was also affecting my battery life.

bwun

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I found that if your "Caller Name ID" does not stay disabled, your "Caller Name ID" account may still be active. My new S4 came with a free trail (and I unknowingly accepted the trail). If you don't want the "Caller Name ID", you will have to drill down in the "Caller Name ID" settings menu to stop the trail or account. Then you can go into the Running applications and disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance