I've seen in YouTube videos the other variants of the S4 have home screens that you can continuously scroll. I was looking for help in making the Verizon version do the same.
    05-23-2013 01:43 AM
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an option to enable that in the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'd have to use a third-party launcher from the Play Store like Nova or Apex to have that feature.
    05-23-2013 05:39 AM
    I've seen in YouTube videos the other variants of the S4 have home screens that you can continuously scroll. I was looking for help in making the Verizon version do the same.
    Where??? Give us some links to this video... sorry, vidoes!!!
    eozaltin likes this.
    05-23-2013 06:11 AM
    I would love to have this feature back. The one thing I miss from my S3.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-23-2013 07:13 AM
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an option to enable that in the stock Touchwiz launcher. You'd have to use a third-party launcher from the Play Store like Nova or Apex to have that feature.
    +1 for nova used it on my gnex loved it ..
    05-23-2013 07:33 AM
    Doesn't seem to be an option in the stock TouchWizzer launcher. If you have to have it, follow the other advice and download Nova or Apex.
    05-23-2013 12:21 PM
    Verizon is a piece of work. I can't believe they did this again like they did to the note 2. I posted a fix in the note 2 forum which is quite simple but you would require root. I assume it would work this time but can't be sure...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...e-screens.html
    05-23-2013 12:41 PM
    Ridiculous. It was on the S3, but not on the S4??? Sometimes I just don't understand these things. Very simple feature that a lot of us were used to. Way to go Verizon.
    05-23-2013 12:50 PM
    Still no easy work-around for this? I don't want to setup a new launcher and don't want to root just for this.
    07-22-2013 01:27 PM
    Still no easy work-around for this? I don't want to setup a new launcher and don't want to root just for this.
    LMAO... Nova is a great launcher, and it's not hard at all to setup... most of the default settings are great, but it gives you SO MUCH MORE... and it's only a launcher. The only thing you need to do to get continuous scrolling is go into the settings > Desktop > then check the "Infinite Scroll"... then check "Wallpaper Scrolling" (if you want this on) and turn that On... all done. If you don't like Nova there is also Apex.

I'm fairly sure the OP (Original Poster) saw an old S3 video, if they even knew what they were looking at. I've never seen the S3 launcher, so I don't even know if the launcher that actually came on it actually did what they think continuous scrolling.
    paintdrinkingpete likes this.
    07-22-2013 01:46 PM
    Ridiculous. It was on the S3, but not on the S4??? Sometimes I just don't understand these things. Very simple feature that a lot of us were used to. Way to go Verizon.
    I don't think this particular item has anything do with Verizon.

Honestly, I highly recommend Nova even if this setting was available. Nova runs great on the S4...it may even be smoother than the default Touchwiz. You lose a few of the built-in widgets, but other than that there is no loss of functionality at all, but you gain a lot of great features and customization (including home screen scroll options). You can start with a very basic setup, which you can have running in a matter of minutes, it even supports importing your current launcher config and icons. It also does backup and restore of configurations and options, so it's even easier to get it set back up after a factory reset or ROM install. The ability to add more icons to the bottom bar and increase the grid size on the home screen are also huge plusses in my book.

To be frank, I don't see any reason why NOT to use it. Apex is supposed to be pretty nice as well, but I've only used Nova.

LMAO... Nova is a great launcher, and it's not hard at all to setup... most of the default settings are great, but it gives you SO MUCH MORE... and it's only a launcher. The only thing you need to do to get continuous scrolling is go into the settings > Desktop > then check the "Infinite Scroll"... then check "Wallpaper Scrolling" (if you want this on) and turn that On... all done. If you don't like Nova there is also Apex.

I'm fairly sure the OP (Original Poster) saw an old S3 video, if they even knew what they were looking at. I've never seen the S3 launcher, so I don't even know if the launcher that actually came on it actually did what they think continuous scrolling.
    Agree to all of this. One thing I love is having my app drawer in one vertically scrolling page, rather than having to swipe horizontally though pages of apps, as is the default with TW. Not everyone may like this, but again, since I'm running Nova I can set things up how I want.

At the very least you can give it a shot...you can always go back to TW if you want...it's not a permanent decision.
    msndrstood, Bizzle69 and swiedom like this.
    07-22-2013 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the in depth review. I will probably end up giving Nova a try.

Regarding your first comment, this is definitely something unique to Verizon. Link.
    07-22-2013 03:01 PM

Regarding your first comment, this is definitely something unique to Verizon. Link.
    Hmmm...well I take back my comment regarding Verizon then. Still doesn't really indicate if it's something Verizon requested to have removed (why?!?), or if it's just something Samsung overlooked with the Verizon build, but that is strange. I still don't know why Verizon removes the Blocking Mode either....
    07-22-2013 03:09 PM
    I'm running Hyperdrive on my Verizon S4, and you can choose in the installer if you want scrolling wallpaper... And this is not something that can be blamed on Verizon, Samsung did this for unknown reasons... Just like when HTC did this to the HTC One X
    07-22-2013 03:23 PM
    I'm running Hyperdrive on my Verizon S4, and you can choose in the installer if you want scrolling wallpaper... And this is not something that can be blamed on Verizon, Samsung did this for unknown reasons... Just like when HTC did this to the HTC One X
    Again, perhaps...but it does raise the question as to why the AT&T version has that option and the Verizon version does not.

I do believe it to be more likely Samsung's doing than a Verizon feature request, but the discrepancy is odd none the less.
    07-22-2013 04:38 PM

Once you play with some settings you'll thank Verizon for pushing you to use a different launcher. I have no clue as to why Samsung spent all this time developing a really nice, large screen just to totally gimp how much stuff you can put on a home screen.
    richs10 likes this.
    07-22-2013 04:56 PM
    No this is a Verizon thing. Also if you look up any GS4 review form CES they have the infinite scroll and may other features that the Verizon model doesn't. Me and my friend have the same exact phone 32GB GS4 black mist. Mine Verizon, his T-Mobile, he has infinite scroll out of the box, mine doesn't. Same thing when I had my note2 a co-worker had a note2 from AT&T with infinite scroll and mine didn't. not sure why Verizon turns this option off.
    06-23-2014 12:05 PM
    one of the icons that you can choose in the notification area is the smart scrolling icon. Supposedly with smart scrolling the screen is supposed to move with the movement of your eyes. So if you look up the screen is supposed to scroll up. I hope this will help.
    02-04-2015 01:06 PM
    Thanks, sudbury78! A well-written tutorial.

I gots a dum question: If I root my phone and then reboot after the modification, does my phone become unrooted? If not, should I unroot it ...for GP?

Thanks!

< WD >
    02-08-2016 12:06 PM
    I just found an app called Note 2 Hidden Settings. I have a galaxy s4 an it works great. It's not a app for just the note cell, but it works with certain other galaxy's an maybe other cells. But in that app is where you can turn on the infinite scrolling. I realize you post is 3 years old but maybe this answer Will help someone else!!😘
    10-19-2016 07:18 AM